GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jack Johnson irate over GM Dean Lombardi's comments

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ahhhhh!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/01/dean-lombardi-jack-johnson-kings-michigan-hockey-.html

Kings defenseman Jack Johnson reacted angrily Thursday to comments made by General Manager Dean Lombardi in an interview posted on the blog frozenroyalty.net in which Lombardi said Michigan -- where Johnson played college hockey -- is "the worst" in terms of coaching players and called Johnson "awful as a hockey player" when he played for the Wolverines.

He also criticized Michigan Coach Red Berenson and said Johnson was unable to accept criticism after playing at Michigan and for the U.S. national team development program.

The interview, part of a series, can be found here.

"I'm a Michigan man. I'm very proud of it. I wouldn't want to have it any other way," Johnson said after the Kings' 4-3 shootout victory over the Buffalo Sabres at Staples Center.

"Michigan has produced more NHL players than any other school. Even the U.S. development program, people rip that and they just don't know anything about it and don't know what they're talking about."

Berenson, Johnson said, "is one of the finest coaches and men that I've met. For my general manager to rip me as a person and criticize me as a person and as a player and call me an awful hockey player is irresponsible and unprofessional."

A spokesman for the Kings said Lombardi's quotes in the interview were accurate.

Johnson is overrated. However, Lombardi is an idiot for making these comments. What does he stand to gain from this except alienating one of his players and pissing off a school, who could really hurt the development of any future Lombardi players?

Dumb, just dumb.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:Johnson is overrated. However, Lombardi is an idiot for making these comments. What does he stand to gain from this except alienating one of his players and pissing off a school, who could really hurt the development of any future Lombardi players?

Dumb, just dumb.

Jack Johnson irate over GM Dean Lombardi's comments 270956

Hope he doesn't develop a liking in the future for any Wolverine players. He might just be Dung out of luck

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

hemlock wrote:Johnson is overrated. However, Lombardi is an idiot for making these comments. What does he stand to gain from this except alienating one of his players and pissing off a school, who could really hurt the development of any future Lombardi players?

Dumb, just dumb.

I agree with you here. Johnson is highly overrated.

Just look at his horrid +/- rating (-18) this season compared to the rest of his team. He still has lots of learning to do and I think that's what Lombardi was trying to get at. Johnson thinks he's fine playing the way he is now which is precisely the problem. Where he messed up was calling out Michigan. That was uncalled for and it was pretty unprofessional.

I still don't want to touch Johnson though. He'll just mess up the chemistry on our team.

Urkie wrote:

Dumb, just dumb.

Just look at his horrid +/- rating (-18) this season compared to the rest of his team. He still has lots of learning to do and I think that's what Lombardi was trying to get at. Johnson thinks he's fine playing the way he is now which is precisely the problem. Where he messed up was calling out Michigan. That was uncalled for and it was pretty unprofessional.

I still don't want to touch Johnson though. He'll just mess up the chemistry on our team.

Jesus! I thought he was highly overrated, BEFORE I knew about that rating. I suppose that the fact that he's on pace for a staggering 29 points this seaon should be seen as a vast improvement over his previous season high of 11 whole points. This is the same clown who thinks he is worth $5 million per. Just STFU and play hockey.

Agreed with what you were saying about Lombardi, it probably wasn't meant the way it came out, but still, he ought to know better.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Urkie wrote:

Dumb, just dumb.

Jesus! I thought he was highly overrated, BEFORE I knew about that rating. I suppose that the fact that he's on pace for a staggering 29 points this seaon should be seen as a vast improvement over his previous season high of 11 whole points. This is the same clown who thinks he is worth $5 million per. Just STFU and play hockey.

Agreed with what you were saying about Lombardi, it probably wasn't meant the way it came out, but still, he ought to know better.

Holy Dung, me too. I thought he was tremendously overrated before I saw the -18 and the 29 points he's on pace for. If ever there was a case for the ridiculously average player, here it is.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:Holy Dung, me too. I thought he was tremendously overrated before I saw the -18 and the 29 points he's on pace for. If ever there was a case for the ridiculously average player, here it is.

And not only that but it seems like he might have a bad attitude on top of everything else. I could seriously see him being a bit of a bust unless he starts working harder at trying to adapt to life in the NHL. This isn't college hockey anymore.

And as I said, lets not go near this guy. He'll just be a huge headache for us.

Urkie wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Holy Dung, me too. I thought he was tremendously overrated before I saw the -18 and the 29 points he's on pace for. If ever there was a case for the ridiculously average player, here it is.

And not only that but it seems like he might have a bad attitude on top of everything else. I could seriously see him being a bit of a bust unless he starts working harder at trying to adapt to life in the NHL. This isn't college hockey anymore.

And as I said, lets not go near this guy. He'll just be a huge headache for us.

Oh god no. He's not an much of an improvement on ice over anything we've got, and that's not even factoring in the attitude. I want this guy about as much as I want genital warts.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

That is one heck of an analogy Wink

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Simile, not that I am an English master

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]