GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

McGrattan' Comments

+3
mattshock
wprager
Mojo
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1McGrattan' Comments Empty McGrattan' Comments Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:44 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Sounds like it was a great game last night, too bad I missed it. There was a longer quote from McGrattan is the Sun this morning and it had me a little confused.

McGrattan did allow a little bitterness to seep out when asked about being painted as a bad guy here. "Yeah, it does bother me," he said. "I would never say anything bad about a place that gave me a chance to break into the league. That was kind of an under-the-belt shot. You could probably go and ask every single guy I played with in the organization in six years, and it would be the exact opposite. I guess when you lose, you've got to blame somebody. Blame the guy that played 30 games last year. If they want to do that, let them do that."

I don't ever remember anyone officially part of the Senators organization giving any comment about this negative aspects in the dressing room. I only ever heard those comments on message boards and from Kevin Lee. Regardless of his locker room presence, he needed to go because he barely ever played and took up cap space. Does anyone know of any particular comments from Murray about McGrattan?

2McGrattan' Comments Empty Re: McGrattan' Comments Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Most late-off-season articles about the Sens included a sentence or paragraph about management clearing the room of all distractions, and McGrattan was usually listed in it. There was never a quote from a team rep or player, as far as I can remember.

Ironic, here he is being interviewed and asked to comment on this issue by one of the people that likely "made it up" (yeah, probably too strong a word) in the first place. And Grats just follows right along.

3McGrattan' Comments Empty Re: McGrattan' Comments Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:53 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, he was often associated with Emery as a lockerroom distraction. Whether there's any truth to that is anyone's guess.

I was a McGrattan fan, and it's too bad he couldn't skate.

4McGrattan' Comments Empty Re: McGrattan' Comments Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:16 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I liked the Grats from 2-3 seasons ago.
And for what it's worth, most of the 'rumors' surrounding Grats was that he was in the same mold, if you will, as Redden and Emery... *wink wink, Nudge, nudge, Know what I mean*?

5McGrattan' Comments Empty Re: McGrattan' Comments Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:20 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:I liked the Grats from 2-3 seasons ago.
And for what it's worth, most of the 'rumors' surrounding Grats was that he was in the same mold, if you will, as Redden and Emery... *wink wink, Nudge, nudge, Know what I mean*?

yeah, supposedly they liked playing in the snow together... LOL :cyclops:

6McGrattan' Comments Empty Re: McGrattan' Comments Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:06 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Lots of snow in Russia and New York (at least there was before Redden arrived). Phoenix, who can say? I'm sure if you looked hard enough.

7McGrattan' Comments Empty Re: McGrattan' Comments Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:35 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

That's just it. I never heard anyone official blaming him. They got rid of him because he was essentially dead weight. I'm not refuting any of the rumours (I never personally saw him doing anything, so I can't say for sure). I'm just not sure where his blame game comments are coming from. Oh well, won't see him not-play for another year.

8McGrattan' Comments Empty Re: McGrattan' Comments Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LOL. Can we re-visit the fact that we got a 5th round pick for this guy. affraid

9McGrattan' Comments Empty Re: McGrattan' Comments Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:48 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know! That's another reason I adore Murray! Way to go Bryan!
Now, we need Murray to pull another kick-Donkey Milbury hoodwink deal!

10McGrattan' Comments Empty Re: McGrattan' Comments Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:04 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Murray FTW

11McGrattan' Comments Empty Re: McGrattan' Comments Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:05 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I saw his pre-game interview on TSN, it was priceless. Everybody knows this guy was a character- but did anybody hear what else he said?

They asked him what would happen tonight and if he was going to stake out/pester any of his old teammates. He laughed quite a bit and with a big grin said "Yeah, Spezz better keep his head up tonight, he's gonna get one..."

He also mentioned he was going to put one top shelf on Gerber- "Right up under the bar, that would be nice".

Pretty funny to watch.

12McGrattan' Comments Empty Re: McGrattan' Comments Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:08 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

He's basically begging for ridicule with interviews like that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum