GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burke's comments up's Kuba's value

+4
LeCaptain
Jordo
PTFlea
SensFan71
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Empty Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:28 pm

Brian Burke has put a hefty price tag on Kaberle. A 1st round pick, a player who can step in and help now, and a very good prospect.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hockey/2009/02/25/8530846.html

In my mind, his comments basically ups Kuba's value to at least a #1 pick.

Thoughts

DW

2Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Empty Re: Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:31 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dawg's Wife wrote:Brian Burke has put a hefty price tag on Kaberle. A 1st round pick, a player who can step in and help now, and a very good prospect.

Thoughts

DW
Would personally thank Burke for doing this, considering all reports are saying that Murray has had a hard time getting the return he wants for Kuba.. thumbs up Burke.

3Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Empty Re: Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dawg's Wife wrote:Brian Burke has put a hefty price tag on Kaberle. A 1st round pick, a player who can step in and help now, and a very good prospect.

Thoughts

DW

Definitely ups it to a first IMO.

4Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Empty Re: Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:33 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

He'll never get that though, especially for a UFA. He knows Kaberle wants to stay there and isn't really shopping him, just entertaining offers.

The difference is that everyone knows we want to get rid of Kuba.

But regardless, if Kaberle is somewhat off the market, Kuba's value definitely goes up.

5Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Empty Re: Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:38 pm

Jordo wrote:He'll never get that though, especially for a UFA. He knows Kaberle wants to stay there and isn't really shopping him, just entertaining offers.

But regardless, if Kaberle is somewhat off the market, Kuba's value definitely goes up.

Take this for what it's worth, but my husband says that UFA's in most ways are more valuable at this time of year. Teams trading for players have to consider not only how much cap room they have this year, but also their cap room for next year. Trading for a UFA gives a playoff team the advantage of adding a player who has a high price tag, without worrying how it affects next years roster.

Trading for Kaberle will only help a select few of the playoff teams as they already have most of their teams inked through next year. Adding a player like Kaberle causes two problems. First you have to account for his salary moving forward (even if it is affordable) and two, you can't just trade him if you want to unload his salary after the playoffs as he has a NTC.

A UFA like Kuba has a lot of value in today's NHL, My guess it will be a top team who adds him for depth, and not worried about losing a potential 22-30 overall pick.

6Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Empty Re: Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:38 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

July 2004:Bryan Murray phones Brian Burke:

I've put all the pieces for this team and you just need to add 2 key components. Now, you will win the cup and you will get all the respect. I will contact you when I willl need my slice of the cake.

February 2009: Brian Burke is having a bath, when suddenly the phone rings.

7Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Empty Re: Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:July 2004:Bryan Murray phones Brian Burke:

I've put all the pieces for this team and you just need to add 2 key components. Now, you will win the cup and you will get all the respect. I will contact you when I willl need my slice of the cake.

Hahahahahahaha. I want Kaberle so badly. Imagine if Burke said...O'Brien, Zubov and a 2nd rounder will be fine.

8Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Empty Re: Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:47 pm

You had to go there didn't you? That's not a pleasant visual! :pale:

9Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Empty Re: Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:49 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:

You had to go there didn't you? That's not a pleasant visual! :pale:

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW where is the puking smiley here?

10Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Empty Re: Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:50 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:He'll never get that though, especially for a UFA. He knows Kaberle wants to stay there and isn't really shopping him, just entertaining offers.

And in swoops Columbus... LOL

11Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Empty Re: Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:50 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:

And in swoops Columbus... LOL

For Kris Russell + a pick, I can dream.

12Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Empty Re: Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:

I'm going to edit the smileys this week for fun. Just to change them up. That way we can have these for puking:

Burke's comments up's Kuba's value 1

I like that one because of the tongue hanging out before he pukes.

Burke's comments up's Kuba's value 2

Burke's comments up's Kuba's value 3

13Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Empty Re: Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Burke's comments up's Kuba's value 6

14Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Empty Re: Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:53 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I'm going to edit the smileys this week for fun. Just to change them up. That way we can have these for puking:

Burke's comments up's Kuba's value 1

I like that one because of the tongue hanging out before he pukes.

Burke's comments up's Kuba's value 2

Burke's comments up's Kuba's value 3

now that was what I was looking for, the first one reminds me a lot of frosh year at UNB. lol.

15Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Empty Re: Burke's comments up's Kuba's value Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not sure if this can be made into a smiley (we do have the clapping hands, and they're pretty big), but this is the bet best puking:

Who wants chowder!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum