GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brian McGrattan in rehab

+2
TheAvatar
dennycrane
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brian McGrattan in rehab Empty Brian McGrattan in rehab Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:58 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Brian McGrattan Enters Rehab Program

Blog: KK Hockey By Paul

12/13/08 at 04:25 PM ET | Comments (1)
NEW YORK/TORONTO (December 13, 2008)—The National Hockey League Players’ Association and the National Hockey League announced today that Brian McGrattan of the Phoenix Coyotes has voluntarily entered Stage #1 of the Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Program of the NHL and the NHLPA.
Under terms of the program, McGrattan will continue to receive his full salary and benefits and will have no penalty imposed as long as he complies with the prescribed treatment and follow-up care program.
The program’s doctors, Dr. Dave Lewis on behalf of the NHL and Dr. Brian Shaw on behalf of the NHLPA, are administering McGrattan’s care.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Phoenix Coyotes | KK Hockey | Permalink

2Brian McGrattan in rehab Empty Re: Brian McGrattan in rehab Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:02 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Best of luck Brian.

3Brian McGrattan in rehab Empty Re: Brian McGrattan in rehab Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:12 pm

This is a good thing for him, he defently has problems. This is not to say he is a bad person or in any way a put down, infact it probably takes a lot more guts to go through this then just pretend the problem doesnt exsist.

Good luck to Brian! And good for goign through this.

4Brian McGrattan in rehab Empty Re: Brian McGrattan in rehab Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:25 pm

Hopefully he comes out and can reserect his career.

5Brian McGrattan in rehab Empty Re: Brian McGrattan in rehab Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:41 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I hope all goes well. He's a good fighter and (outwardly) appears to be a good person.

6Brian McGrattan in rehab Empty Re: Brian McGrattan in rehab Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:46 pm

asq2 wrote:I hope all goes well. He's a good fighter and (outwardly) appears to be a good person.
from my experiences with him playing for the Greyhounds, he's a funny, down to earth, fun loving guy. I wish him the best.

7Brian McGrattan in rehab Empty Re: Brian McGrattan in rehab Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:55 pm

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

I wish him all the best, and hope all goes well for him during his rehab.

8Brian McGrattan in rehab Empty Re: Brian McGrattan in rehab Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:55 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Good to see he's getting the help he needs. Hopefully he can come back from this and continue his career.

9Brian McGrattan in rehab Empty Re: Brian McGrattan in rehab Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:02 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Not shocking news, but still, good for him.

Certainly makes you wonder, tho', about all those other rumours of substance abuse that hovered above our locker-room last year. I find it mystifying that people whose livelihood/career/childhood passion literally depends on taking good care of their bodies could let this happen. But money has unfortunately never been the handmaiden of common sense, I suppose.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum