GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hockey News and Ken Campbell

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Hockey News and Ken Campbell Empty The Hockey News and Ken Campbell Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:46 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Does anyone have a Hockey News subscription? I personally love it…it’s outstanding bathroom-reading-material. You get a new issue every two weeks (although sometimes it seems quicker). Unless you poop A LOT, you’ll never run out of articles to read.

Anyway, as I said, it’s a great magazine…EXCEPT FOR THE JACKANINNY KEN CAMPBELL. Every magazine, this guy has an article in the back complaining about something to do with hockey. Whether he’s whining that the World Juniors are “too popular”, or saying that the Eastern Conference sucks, or whatever, he really likes to moan. I understand it’s probably his “thing”, and it’s what sets him apart from the other writers…but really? I subscribe to a hockey magazine so I can read about how the game is broken, the game sucks, things suck, life sucks, etc??? Generally what he states is obvious, or just his opinion, but it still strikes me as dumb that a hockey magazine wants this guy’s articles in their rag, when all it is, and I mean ALL it is, is overblown negativity.

He wrote an article not too long ago about how it was becoming hard for him to become excited about the upcoming season. Really? This is a guy you want writing in a hockey magazine. Really?

Yeesh.

Sorry, I was spurred on after reading the Forsberg article that was quoted in another thread.

Anyway, anyone feel the same? Differently?

Last edited by tim1_2 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

2The Hockey News and Ken Campbell Empty Re: The Hockey News and Ken Campbell Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I feel the same as well. I still like the magazine for the crapper, but I find the articles to be recycled info a lot of the time. A magazine just can't keep up with the internet - not to mention, I'm not a big fan of a couple of the writers.

3The Hockey News and Ken Campbell Empty Re: The Hockey News and Ken Campbell Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, there's a big section in the middle that means NOTHING to me. Equipment, summer camps, I always skip by it - and that's a waste of magazine to me.

4The Hockey News and Ken Campbell Empty Re: The Hockey News and Ken Campbell Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:03 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I agree some of the equipment/camp stuff is more advertising than useful (maybe it's useful to players?), but I generally enjoy some of the oddball/random articles they have. In the most recent issue, they discuss a KHL team with Chris Simon and Chris Gratton who just goon it up every game. Good stuff!

Anyway, as I said, I love the mag, I just hate the Campbell articles, and don't know why he's there.

5The Hockey News and Ken Campbell Empty Re: The Hockey News and Ken Campbell Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I agree some of the equipment/camp stuff is more advertising than useful (maybe it's useful to players?), but I generally enjoy some of the oddball/random articles they have. In the most recent issue, they discuss a KHL team with Chris Simon and Chris Gratton who just goon it up every game. Good stuff!

Anyway, as I said, I love the mag, I just hate the Campbell articles, and don't know why he's there.

Out of date, that's what I meant to say about Campbell, he's not really 'with the times' - which, as Bob Dylan says: are a-changing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum