GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sharks vs. Hawks

+7
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PKC
SensGirl11
Hockeyhero22000
Cap'n Clutch
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 7:41 pm

Dash wrote:I'm not going to argue with you or call you a liar, but It'd be more convincing if there were police reports/records or mug shots if arrests were made, and in the case of Redden and Comrie photos or admissions to using drugs.

Well, look at it this way, there is a reason Emery was pulled over so much in Ottawa. It was never in the papers, in police reports, so on. The moron admitted it on national TV again and tried to play it off like it was a race thing. The Sens, the police, and everyone in and around the organization did EVERYTHING they could to protect them.

Anyways, you would think rehab would be enough proof or Emery being banished to Russia, haha, guess not. Do you think the drop off in Redden's game is because of a lack of skill or toughness?

Some people will always look the other way which I get, I just dont think it's an excuse to be nieve about things, no offense, it isnt just you that says "I want proof". Where there is smoke there is fire and in Ottawa, it was an inferno.

32Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 10:08 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Heart says Hawks in 6, Mind says Sharks in 7.

33Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 10:13 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Whoever wins this series = Stanley Cup Champions?

34Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Thu May 13, 2010 7:41 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sharks in 6 or less.

- Unknown Author

35Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Thu May 13, 2010 8:56 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kovalfie wrote:
N4L wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:I just don't want to see Heatley win. Makes us look bad, Doug Wilson like a genius, and Heatley look like 'the missing piece'. I will puke my brains out when CBC does their special on how Heatley is what the Sharks were missing.

+200

Not sure what that means but I'll take it as if you agree with me. The real story to SJ's success really boils down to their second line. Heatley Marleau and Thornton have a combined 8 goals; Pavelski Setoguchi and Clowe have a combined 16 (Pavelski 9 and Seto with 5)

The CBC won't let the facts get in the way of telling viewers it's ALL because of Heatley.

36Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Thu May 13, 2010 9:03 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
N4L wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:I just don't want to see Heatley win. Makes us look bad, Doug Wilson like a genius, and Heatley look like 'the missing piece'. I will puke my brains out when CBC does their special on how Heatley is what the Sharks were missing.

+200

Not sure what that means but I'll take it as if you agree with me. The real story to SJ's success really boils down to their second line. Heatley Marleau and Thornton have a combined 8 goals; Pavelski Setoguchi and Clowe have a combined 16 (Pavelski 9 and Seto with 5)

The CBC won't let the facts get in the way of telling viewers it's ALL because of Heatley.

Don't worry it won't just be the CBC. It'll be anyone attempting to rub that trade in Sens fans faces as well.

- Unknown Author

37Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Thu May 13, 2010 9:05 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
N4L wrote:

+200

Don't worry it won't just be the CBC. It'll be anyone attempting to rub that trade in Sens fans faces as well.

That would mostly be Leafs fans and luckily there aren't many of those in the "National" media. I guess it won't be that bad after all.

38Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Thu May 13, 2010 11:44 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Kovalfie wrote:
Dash wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
Dash wrote:I don't care if Heatley wins, I'm not bitter about it. Ottawa's had plenty of opportunities to win the cup and they haven't. There's something about Ottawa that the team just cannot win the cup no matter how much talent they have. And I love my team. If San Jose wins, then clearly they had the best team.

Reason= drugs

Hard to imagine that prevents a team with Chara, Redden, Havlat, Hossa, Spezza, Aflredsson from winning. Apparently a survery among NHL GM's named Ottawa the laziest team. Yes, I got that factoid from NHL 10.

When you have guys like McGrattaon, Emery, Redden, and Spezza? effing around in the locker room it goes a long way.

But yes, I've heard that stat before. Clearly locker room issues with no real leadership. I can guarantee if we had a Mike Richards in the locker room none of this crap would have happened.

I never really put stock into this news of drug addicts until one of our family friends told us about how he used to rent out a place to Volchenkov, and had seen himself a stoned-out Redden.

I really hope with all the others gone, that spezza isn't still fudging around with this....is there proof right now that its still going on?

39Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Thu May 13, 2010 11:47 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kovalfie wrote:
Dash wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
Dash wrote:I don't care if Heatley wins, I'm not bitter about it. Ottawa's had plenty of opportunities to win the cup and they haven't. There's something about Ottawa that the team just cannot win the cup no matter how much talent they have. And I love my team. If San Jose wins, then clearly they had the best team.

Reason= drugs

Hard to imagine that prevents a team with Chara, Redden, Havlat, Hossa, Spezza, Aflredsson from winning. Apparently a survery among NHL GM's named Ottawa the laziest team. Yes, I got that factoid from NHL 10.

When you have guys like McGrattaon, Emery, Redden, and Spezza? effing around in the locker room it goes a long way.

But yes, I've heard that stat before. Clearly locker room issues with no real leadership. I can guarantee if we had a Mike Richards in the locker room none of this crap would have happened.

Mike Richards wouldn't make a difference. His locker room has had plenty of problems itself.

40Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Thu May 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Michallica wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
Dash wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:

Reason= drugs

I never really put stock into this news of drug addicts until one of our family friends told us about how he used to rent out a place to Volchenkov, and had seen himself a stoned-out Redden.

I really hope with all the others gone, that spezza isn't still fudging around with this....is there proof right now that its still going on?

For the most part it's stopped from what I know. If he does do it still it isnt like he used to.

What was going on in Ottawa was basically crimnal and they should have been called out on it a lot, took Emery being a moron on national TV for people to actually say "oh.. wow, there ARE drugs in Ottawa".

Ask anyone from the ages of about 24-28 that used to go downtown and party, I bet 1/2 of them can say they saw those guys stonned out of their minds.

41Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Thu May 13, 2010 12:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh Diddle yeah, this is exactly how I feel.

Go Hawks!

42Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Fri May 14, 2010 9:15 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So if the Bruins complete their epic collapse and allow Philly to win that series do we ever talk about SJ as the leagues biggest chokers again in our lifetime? Thinking

- Unknown Author

43Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Fri May 14, 2010 9:31 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

The most frustrating part for the Bruins is that they had the Flyers in OT in Game 4, one goal away Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 489887

44Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Fri May 14, 2010 12:55 pm

N4L wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
Dash wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:

Reason= drugs

For the most part it's stopped from what I know. If he does do it still it isnt like he used to.

What was going on in Ottawa was basically crimnal and they should have been called out on it a lot, took Emery being a moron on national TV for people to actually say "oh.. wow, there ARE drugs in Ottawa".

Ask anyone from the ages of about 24-28 that used to go downtown and party, I bet 1/2 of them can say they saw those guys stonned out of their minds.

Foundations and Suite 34 were havens for these guys. They had private rooms and bottle service. They rented out the rooms and would 'ski'. I have several friends who worked there that could confirm this.

Emery was actually in town a couple of weeks ago (while rehabbing from his rib injury) and was at Foundations. A friend of mine dated him too for a while and said she'd go over to Spezza, McGrattan, and Emery's house and it was just a gong show.

45Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Fri May 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Drugs were 100% the problem on this team. Even for players like Hossa and Chara that weren't doing them, the fact that other team members were doing them is detrimental to the locker room, causes rifts at practice, and ultimately brings down team morale.

A guy who I think has been against this all is Neil. Looking back he's got into fights at practice with Emery and Spezza more than once, was outspoken with the whole Heatley incident, and has always said it how it is. I think Neil does a lot to control the morale of the locker room and keep things together. No one beefs him and he's not afraid to get in people's faces.

46Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Fri May 14, 2010 1:01 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kovalfie wrote:
N4L wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
Dash wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:

Reason= drugs

Foundations and Suite 34 were havens for these guys. They had private rooms and bottle service. They rented out the rooms and would 'ski'. I have several friends who worked there that could confirm this.

Emery was actually in town a couple of weeks ago (while rehabbing from his rib injury) and was at Foundations. A friend of mine dated him too for a while and said she'd go over to Spezza, McGrattan, and Emery's house and it was just a gong show.

So, Hawks in 6?

47Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Fri May 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Hawks in 6. Go Bombay!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum