GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sharks vs. Hawks

+7
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PKC
SensGirl11
Hockeyhero22000
Cap'n Clutch
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 6:02 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I don't care if Heatley wins, I'm not bitter about it. Ottawa's had plenty of opportunities to win the cup and they haven't. There's something about Ottawa that the team just cannot win the cup no matter how much talent they have. And I love my team. If San Jose wins, then clearly they had the best team.

17Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 6:08 pm

N4L wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:I just don't want to see Heatley win. Makes us look bad, Doug Wilson like a genius, and Heatley look like 'the missing piece'. I will puke my brains out when CBC does their special on how Heatley is what the Sharks were missing.

+200

Not sure what that means but I'll take it as if you agree with me. The real story to SJ's success really boils down to their second line. Heatley Marleau and Thornton have a combined 8 goals; Pavelski Setoguchi and Clowe have a combined 16 (Pavelski 9 and Seto with 5)

18Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 6:09 pm

Dash wrote:I don't care if Heatley wins, I'm not bitter about it. Ottawa's had plenty of opportunities to win the cup and they haven't. There's something about Ottawa that the team just cannot win the cup no matter how much talent they have. And I love my team. If San Jose wins, then clearly they had the best team.

Reason= drugs

19Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 6:10 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Hawks in 6.

20Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 6:11 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sharks in 4

21Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 6:13 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Kovalfie wrote:
Dash wrote:I don't care if Heatley wins, I'm not bitter about it. Ottawa's had plenty of opportunities to win the cup and they haven't. There's something about Ottawa that the team just cannot win the cup no matter how much talent they have. And I love my team. If San Jose wins, then clearly they had the best team.

Reason= drugs

Hard to imagine that prevents a team with Chara, Redden, Havlat, Hossa, Spezza, Aflredsson from winning. Apparently a survery among NHL GM's named Ottawa the laziest team. Yes, I got that factoid from NHL 10.

22Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 6:28 pm

Dash wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:

Reason= drugs

Hard to imagine that prevents a team with Chara, Redden, Havlat, Hossa, Spezza, Aflredsson from winning. Apparently a survery among NHL GM's named Ottawa the laziest team. Yes, I got that factoid from NHL 10.

When you have guys like McGrattaon, Emery, Redden, and Spezza? effing around in the locker room it goes a long way.

But yes, I've heard that stat before. Clearly locker room issues with no real leadership. I can guarantee if we had a Mike Richards in the locker room none of this crap would have happened.

23Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:

Reason= drugs

Ahahahahhahaa. Did you also know that Peter Forsberg once said that Simon Gagne is the most accurate sniper in the league?

24Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and those "drug rumours" never were proved, right?

25Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 6:33 pm

Big Ev wrote:and those "drug rumours" never were proved, right?

McGratton=rehab
Redden=boo'd out of Ottawa and boo'd into New York
Ray Emery=self-explanatory

26Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

McGrattan I don't believe admitted to "drugs". I believe IIRC he just said "AA" when he was on OTR.

Emery has admitted to doing recreational drugs on OTR, but denied that it was an issue or a "drug problem".

Redden's never been proven to be linked to any drugs, I think the Roy rumour is still just that, a rumour.

LOL @ Gagne. He actually is a hell of a player, just very unhealthy.

27Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 7:06 pm

Dash wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:

Reason= drugs

Those two, especially the first one were basically druggies. Redden's career is on the downside because of it. At least McGrattan went to rehab.

Spezza, well he's lucky everyone has been so patient with him, he's had a major problem with it too.

That all leads to the team learning to be lazy because they come to practice hung over, coming down, tired, w/e... as long as they won it was all good but it caught up to them and look what happened. Kovie is right, reason=drugs. It was brutal, people have no idea or just choose not to believe it.

28Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 7:07 pm

Big Ev wrote:and those "drug rumours" never were proved, right?

I did E with McGrattan dude, lol. Unless he popped advil he was on drugs. Pretty interesting to see an NHL player with glows sticks dancing to hard trance. Same weekend Emery came back from Vegas and never played a game after that.

29Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Dash wrote:McGrattan I don't believe admitted to "drugs". I believe IIRC he just said "AA" when he was on OTR.

Emery has admitted to doing recreational drugs on OTR, but denied that it was an issue or a "drug problem".

Redden's never been proven to be linked to any drugs, I think the Roy rumour is still just that, a rumour.

LOL @ Gagne. He actually is a hell of a player, just very unhealthy.

The fact Emery admitted he did drugs on national TV is an issue it's self. Anyways, Grats was def in for drugs and alcohol. Redden and Comrie are huge druggies, Meszaros and Schubert were as well and were arrested for giving alcohol to minors.

Like I said, that Sens team was Diddled for about 2 or 3 years.

30Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 7:35 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not going to argue with you or call you a liar, but It'd be more convincing if there were police reports/records or mug shots if arrests were made, and in the case of Redden and Comrie photos or admissions to using drugs.

31Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 7:41 pm

Dash wrote:I'm not going to argue with you or call you a liar, but It'd be more convincing if there were police reports/records or mug shots if arrests were made, and in the case of Redden and Comrie photos or admissions to using drugs.

Well, look at it this way, there is a reason Emery was pulled over so much in Ottawa. It was never in the papers, in police reports, so on. The moron admitted it on national TV again and tried to play it off like it was a race thing. The Sens, the police, and everyone in and around the organization did EVERYTHING they could to protect them.

Anyways, you would think rehab would be enough proof or Emery being banished to Russia, haha, guess not. Do you think the drop off in Redden's game is because of a lack of skill or toughness?

Some people will always look the other way which I get, I just dont think it's an excuse to be nieve about things, no offense, it isnt just you that says "I want proof". Where there is smoke there is fire and in Ottawa, it was an inferno.

32Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 10:08 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Heart says Hawks in 6, Mind says Sharks in 7.

33Sharks vs. Hawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks vs. Hawks Wed May 12, 2010 10:13 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Whoever wins this series = Stanley Cup Champions?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum