GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA!

+29
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
ddt
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
SensGirl11
Hobiesens
SensFan71
rooneypoo
Devo
beedub
Tuk Tuk
Ev
LeCaptain
strachattack
TheAvatar
PKC
stempniaksen
wprager
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
SDH89
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
M_Christopher
Urkie
PTFlea
sens4win
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32 ... 62  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 62]

31TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:21 pm

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:This is pretty nuts. According to this article, Ottawa is among the teams interested in Andy Sutton and... Roloson! TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 235689 TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 805406

[url=http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2010/02/interest-intensifies-in-sutton-rolosonnyi-could-benefit-from-bidding-war-before-deadline/
http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2010/02/interest-intensifies-in-sutton-rolosonnyi-could-benefit-from-bidding-war-before-deadline/[/quote[/url]]

Pass on both.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

32TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

[quote="M_Christopher"]
SeawaySensFan wrote:This is pretty nuts. According to this article, Ottawa is among the teams interested in Andy Sutton and... Roloson! TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 235689 TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 805406

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2010/02/interest-intensifies-in-sutton-rolosonnyi-could-benefit-from-bidding-war-before-deadline/[/quote]

Pass on both.

Sure. But don't you wonder why this team would consider adding a goalie?

33TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:29 pm

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

[quote="SeawaySensFan"]
M_Christopher wrote:

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2010/02/interest-intensifies-in-sutton-rolosonnyi-could-benefit-from-bidding-war-before-deadline/[/quote]

Pass on both.

Sure. But don't you wonder why this team would consider adding a goalie?

Oh, it's easy to see why they would be interested in an insurance policy, but we need a rental not Rolo for an additional year

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

34TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:48 pm

Sutton would be a really solid addition if he were to fit in, in the 6 role with Carkner. What a mean pairing.

35TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

14 days to the deadline. BO-NAN-ZA! TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 805406 TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 235689

36TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:11 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:14 days to the deadline. BO-NAN-ZA! TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 805406 TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 235689

That long????? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

37TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:14 days to the deadline. BO-NAN-ZA! TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 805406 TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 235689

Consider that talks are already at an all-time high (no source) and we should all be prepped for some good bonanza-ing.

38TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Sutton would be a really solid addition if he were to fit in, in the 6 role with Carkner. What a mean pairing.

Yeah, those two would be crazy together. Come to the front of the net and pester Elliott, we dare you! TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 904271

39TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Consider that talks are already at an all-time high (no source) and we should all be prepped for some good bonanza-ing.

According to "Spector" there will be NO DEALS because no one is willing to waive their no-trade clauses, the asking price is too high, such deals only happen in the summer, teams are only a few points out of a playoff spot...

40TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:36 pm

[quote="SeawaySensFan"]This is pretty nuts. According to this article, Ottawa is among the teams interested in Andy Sutton and... Roloson! TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 235689 TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 805406

Sutton is horrendous. his down low coverage is brutal and he takes the worst penalties at the worst times. Roloson on the other hand would be a good mentor for Elliott and is the quintessential team player.

Last edited by cloverleaf on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

41TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
According to "Spector" there will be NO DEALS because no one is willing to waive their no-trade clauses, the asking price is too high, such deals only happen in the summer, teams are only a few points out of a playoff spot...

I told you not to listen to that guy, he's full of rhetoric like that. There will be a TON of deals on March 2nd and more on March 3rd. Perhaps not the block-busters we used to have, but there'll be a couple of mighty ones.

For example:

If you were the Flyers, would you leave the goaltending unattended?

If you were the Caps would you leave the D exactly how it is? How about the goaltending?

If you were the Devils and your team started to suck, what would you do?

What about the Sabres?

The Pens?

And so on and so forth. Even Spector's beloved Canadiens might have something to do on or around the deadline.

42TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I told you not to listen to that guy, he's full of rhetoric like that. There will be a TON of deals on March 2nd and more on March 3rd. Perhaps not the block-busters we used to have, but there'll be a couple of mighty ones.

For example:

If you were the Caps would you leave the D exactly how it is? How about the goaltending?

If you were the Devils and your team started to suck, what would you do?

What about the Sabres?

The Pens?

And so on and so forth. Even Spector's beloved Canadiens might have something to do on or around the deadline.

Those are all logical questions that "Spector" would answer with the usual "nothing will happen until the summer, if at all" answer.

43TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:54 pm

actually, i just logged in twitter and sutton seems to be a popular topic of conversation right now.

@JaspersRink - Stay away from Sutton unless you enjoy watching guys score back door on your goalie.
@BenThrashers - The thing about Sutton is he can tell you exactly how many hits and blocked shots he has. he chases them over good D play

so like i said, no thanks to sutton. Robidas is the guy we want bar none. He is a mini version of Volchenkov but with offensive instincts as well. Robidas would make this team so much better and harder to play against. He has a friendly cap hit, but i fear would take to much to get out of dallas.

44TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cloverleaf wrote:actually, i just logged in twitter and sutton seems to be a popular topic of conversation right now.

@JaspersRink - Stay away from Sutton unless you enjoy watching guys score back door on your goalie.
@BenThrashers - The thing about Sutton is he can tell you exactly how many hits and blocked shots he has. he chases them over good D play

so like i said, no thanks to sutton. Robidas is the guy we want bar none. He is a mini version of Volchenkov but with offensive instincts as well. Robidas would make this team so much better and harder to play against. He has a friendly cap hit, but i fear would take to much to get out of dallas.

The Stars are (going) bankrupt though, they might not be adverse to trading him and his $$ contract for Foligno + Lee + 2nd for example.

45TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:For example:

I would offer Carter, Giroux and Rathje for Vokoun and Horton and not even blink.

SpezDispenser wrote:If you were the Caps would you leave the D exactly how it is? How about the goaltending?

With Theodore in his final year, I either deal him to the NYI for Roloson or to DAL for Turco. DAL would probably like to save the few hundred grand.

SpezDispenser wrote:If you were the Devils and your team started to suck, what would you do?

I think we all know what I would do. Depends on why they would suck, I guess. But they really gave up a lot of marketable pieces for Kovalchuk.

SpezDispenser wrote:What about the Sabres?

I wouldn't bother. They can never quite get it right.

SpezDispenser wrote:The Pens?

I would have made the big deal for Kovalchuk involving Malkin that I suggested awhile ago.

46TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

OMG, we can multi-quote here? TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 805406

47TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:18 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:actually, i just logged in twitter and sutton seems to be a popular topic of conversation right now.

The Stars are (going) bankrupt though, they might not be adverse to trading him and his $$ contract for Foligno + Lee + 2nd for example.

But the two of Lee and Foligno would cost the Stars the same or more than what they are paying Robidas, and not re-signing them leaves them with a 2nd round pick for essentially a salary dump.

48TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

There's a bunch of teams out that have issues/weaknesses when it comes to a postseason push.

Even so, they still have to find a willing trade partner and if they can't make a trade work for one reason or another then nothing will happen.

At least a couple of teams that people expect to make a deal will go into the playoffs as is, simply because they couldn't find a deal to their liking and the salary cap does complicate things.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum