GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA!

+29
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
ddt
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
SensGirl11
Hobiesens
SensFan71
rooneypoo
Devo
beedub
Tuk Tuk
Ev
LeCaptain
strachattack
TheAvatar
PKC
stempniaksen
wprager
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
SDH89
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
M_Christopher
Urkie
PTFlea
sens4win
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33 ... 62  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 62]

46TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:16 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

OMG, we can multi-quote here? TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 805406

47TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:18 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:actually, i just logged in twitter and sutton seems to be a popular topic of conversation right now.

@JaspersRink - Stay away from Sutton unless you enjoy watching guys score back door on your goalie.
@BenThrashers - The thing about Sutton is he can tell you exactly how many hits and blocked shots he has. he chases them over good D play

so like i said, no thanks to sutton. Robidas is the guy we want bar none. He is a mini version of Volchenkov but with offensive instincts as well. Robidas would make this team so much better and harder to play against. He has a friendly cap hit, but i fear would take to much to get out of dallas.

The Stars are (going) bankrupt though, they might not be adverse to trading him and his $$ contract for Foligno + Lee + 2nd for example.

But the two of Lee and Foligno would cost the Stars the same or more than what they are paying Robidas, and not re-signing them leaves them with a 2nd round pick for essentially a salary dump.

48TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

There's a bunch of teams out that have issues/weaknesses when it comes to a postseason push.

Even so, they still have to find a willing trade partner and if they can't make a trade work for one reason or another then nothing will happen.

At least a couple of teams that people expect to make a deal will go into the playoffs as is, simply because they couldn't find a deal to their liking and the salary cap does complicate things.

49TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I would offer Carter, Giroux and Rathje for Vokoun and Horton and not even blink.

With Theodore in his final year, I either deal him to the NYI for Roloson or to DAL for Turco. DAL would probably like to save the few hundred grand.

I think we all know what I would do. Depends on why they would suck, I guess. But they really gave up a lot of marketable pieces for Kovalchuk.

I wouldn't bother. They can never quite get it right.

I would have made the big deal for Kovalchuk involving Malkin that I suggested awhile ago.

You should bat some eyes at that. Carter AND Giroux? Hmm....maybe?
Actually, that's a tough one, but it certainly seems like a massive
overpayment to me.

Turco for Theodore sounds reasonable. Perhaps add a mid tiered prospect.

No, I'm not sure what you would do. What would you do if you were Lou?

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 270956 That's funny and true, but still, they could use some scoring - and soon.

Malkin must stay. Conn Smythe, scoring champ, no way Jose. Staal could return you the type of winger you covet though...

50TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:There's a bunch of teams out that have issues/weaknesses when it comes to a postseason push.

Even so, they still have to find a willing trade partner and if they can't make a trade work for one reason or another then nothing will happen.

At least a couple of teams that people expect to make a deal will go into the playoffs as is, simply because they couldn't find a deal to their liking and the salary cap does complicate things.

That sucks for them then, there's always ways around it. Unless you haven't done your work. TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 805406

51TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:But the two of Lee and Foligno would cost the Stars the same or more than what they are paying Robidas, and not re-signing them leaves them with a 2nd round pick for essentially a salary dump.

Robidas has a 3.5 million extension kicking in next year. Foligno would take 1.2 million, Lee 1 million TOPS and that's for two players, one really good and NHL ready (top 6 too), one a project, but can still fill in some minutes. Modano is gone too, so Foligno replaces his $$.

52TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:You should bat some eyes at that. Carter AND Giroux? Hmm....maybe?
overpayment to me.

Overpayment. Yes.

I think where there's smoke, there's fire regarding Carter and the same old Diddling tune every year is Philly's goaltending. Parking Rathje's salary elsewhere might be worth something too, maybe even Giroux? Or maybe Bryan Allen evens things out?

53TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:You should bat some eyes at that. Carter AND Giroux? Hmm....maybe?
overpayment to me.

Overpayment. Yes.

I think where there's smoke, there's fire regarding Carter and the same old Diddling tune every year is Philly's goaltending. Parking Rathje's salary elsewhere might be worth something too, maybe even Giroux? Or maybe Bryan Allen evens things out?

I thought Rathje was on the LTIR?

54TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have to tell ya SSF, if I was Florida, you had me at Jeff Carter. You dangle Giroux as well and I'm all in.

55TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:55 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
overpayment to me.

Overpayment. Yes.

I thought Rathje was on the LTIR?

Not according to Capgeek.

56TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Capgeek is wrong on that one, he's in the minors or on LTIR, I'm 99.9% sure of it.

57TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I could see Philly being desperate enough to do something, if Emery is indeed out for a while.

They're prolly better off at trying to get one of the Preds goalies though, Turco is a very expensive risk and they've already tried Biron Smile

58TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The severe lack of bonanza-ing is starting to annoy me. TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 244451 TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 932508

59TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:35 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:The severe lack of bonanza-ing is starting to annoy me. TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 244451 TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 932508

It's more fun to speculate anyway and we've got two weeks to do it now.

SC mentioned Burns and Zidlicky. I'd trade Foligno, Lee, and O'Brien for Burns and Almond/3rd rd pick

60TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:The severe lack of bonanza-ing is starting to annoy me. TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 244451 TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 932508

Annoy you? How the hell do you think Hoss feels? Look at him!!!

61TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Annoy you? How the hell do you think Hoss feels? Look at him!!!

Constipated? TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 7438

62TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalfie wrote:

It's more fun to speculate anyway and we've got two weeks to do it now.

SC mentioned Burns and Zidlicky. I'd trade Foligno, Lee, and O'Brien for Burns and Almond/3rd rd pick

It's a lot of fun to speculate. The lingering fear over Burns' health is a sticking factor that can't be ignored IMO. Zidlicky is a PP crazy man, but at what price?

63TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bonanza-ing alert status please?

Thanks in advance.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum