GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010

+20
SensHulk
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Riprock
sens4win
caissie_1
Ev
The Silfer Server
Hoags
AlfieisGod11
M_Christopher
wprager
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
PKC
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Canada vs. USA Feb 21, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap227%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 4 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap233%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 5 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 28]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
N4L wrote:
hemlock wrote:The U.S. team speed is going to give Canada fits. Canada has got to get that PP working, and several guys need to really step up, most notable Iginla who found himself stapled to the bench for streches during the Swiss encounter.
Also laughing his Donkey off during the shootout when the game was on the line. Surprised it was him but that just showed the general lack of focus and respect that Canada had for The Swiss.

The Swiss are a fascinating hockey nation to me. They have a real passion for the game. I'd love to see them become an international force in the coming years. They're easy to root for, even against Canada.

So much so that you might end up prefering Swiss Cheese to Canadian Cheddar? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Not quite. All I mean is that they're not as hateful as the US, in my opinion. And I don't mean root for them to win, just to do well.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
N4L wrote:
hemlock wrote:The U.S. team speed is going to give Canada fits. Canada has got to get that PP working, and several guys need to really step up, most notable Iginla who found himself stapled to the bench for streches during the Swiss encounter.
Also laughing his Donkey off during the shootout when the game was on the line. Surprised it was him but that just showed the general lack of focus and respect that Canada had for The Swiss.

The Swiss are a fascinating hockey nation to me. They have a real passion for the game. I'd love to see them become an international force in the coming years. They're easy to root for, even against Canada.

So much so that you might end up prefering Swiss Cheese to Canadian Cheddar? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Not quite. All I mean is that they're not as hateful as the US, in my opinion. And I don't mean root for them to win, just to do well.

So more of a Swiss cheese over Monterey Jack type of situation then right? Thinking

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
N4L wrote:

So more of a Swiss cheese over Monterey Jack type of situation then right? Thinking

Isn't Monterey Jack Mexican?

kovalfie?

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

All this cheese stuff is getting silly.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:

I didn't see the game as I was stuck at work Sad Any chance this was a nervous kindda laugh?

TheAvatar wrote:
N4L wrote:

I didn't see the game as I was stuck at work Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 Icon_sad Any chance this was a nervous kindda laugh?

3 guys chatting it up on the bench and laughing? No, it wasnt. There was nothing funny about that situation for The Canadians.

PKC wrote:
N4L wrote:

Yeah, Babcock should impose a "ban on fun" on these guys, don't want them to actually enjoy themselves while they are there. Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 489887

Probably why Iginla was benched the entire 3rd period. Not sure why anyone would be laughing at that point. Again, showed a total lack of respect in a lot of way to a lot of different people.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I won't cheer for this team until they show, on the ice, that they care about one another and their country before their personnal performance.
You guys can all say "well I cheer for the logo on the front, not the name on the back". Well, sorry to disappoint Team Canada, but I will cheer for the logo on the front when the name on the back will do the same. Chris Pronger should have been benched for the rest of the game, not Doughty. That is the kind of management that I find laughable. Bench the kid who made a mistake, and not the veteran who made a selfish play.

Also, going to the Olympics instead of taking vacations doesn't impress me much. Until they take it seriously on the ice (i.e Iginla and others laughing during the shoot-out), I won't take them seriously myself.

Crosby, Toews and a few others were battling in the corners like they do with their NHL teams, and I respect that. I think the new core will be representing this country well in the next few years, but as for the past and this year, can't say I'm impressed.

marakh wrote:I won't cheer for this team until they show, on the ice, that they care about one another and their country before their personnal performance.
You guys can all say "well I cheer for the logo on the front, not the name on the back". Well, sorry to disappoint Team Canada, but I will cheer for the logo on the front when the name on the back will do the same. Chris Pronger should have been benched for the rest of the game, not Doughty. That is the kind of management that I find laughable. Bench the kid who made a mistake, and not the veteran who made a selfish play.

Also, going to the Olympics instead of taking vacations doesn't impress me much. Until they take it seriously on the ice (i.e Iginla and others laughing during the shoot-out), I won't take them seriously myself.

Crosby, Toews and a few others were battling in the corners like they do with their NHL teams, and I respect that. I think the new core will be representing this country well in the next few years, but as for the past and this year, can't say I'm impressed.

Pretty sure a lot of them are in Vancouver on vacation.

This is pretty much how I feel. Politics are still being played on the ice. Babcock is coaching the team like The Red Wings and that cant happen. They are not The Wings, The Sabres, or who ever.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:Canada 4-1 with Brodeur in nets.

Don't forget the US have Miller. I wouldn't be surprised if it's another close one.

they just need to suit up in Sens uni's Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 159628

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:I won't cheer for this team until they show, on the ice, that they care about one another and their country before their personnal performance.

yes, Crosby got all new respect from me. You could see it in his face that he's pissed with the attitudes of some of his team mates. If the rest of those clowns took the games 1/2 as serious as Sid, the gold would be a lock. F'ing Heately and the rest of those selfish clowns!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Isn't Monterey Jack Mexican?

kovalfie?

No.

Monterey Jack is an American semi-hard cheese made using cow's milk. It is commonly sold by itself, or mixed with Colby to make a marbled cheese known as Colby-Jack (or Co-Jack). Cheddar-Jack varieties are also available.

In its earliest form, Monterey Jack was made by the Mexican Franciscan friars of Monterey, California, during the 1800s. A Californian businessman named David Jack first began to mass market the cheese. He produced a mild, white cheese, which came to be known at first as "Jack's Cheese", and eventually "Monterey Jack".

A common misspelling is 'Monterrey Jack', presumably in confusion with the Mexican city of Monterrey.

A less-common misspelling is "Montery Jack', presumably to save wear and tear on the 'e' key of Clutch's keyboard.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Where was the Captain during all this? Not impressed with greybeard's leadership. As much as I am *not* a Crosby fan, maybe he should have gotten the 'C'.

Speaking of which, has it ever happened that the Captain/Alternates were changed during a tournament (excluding injuries)?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Don't know where is Niedermayer, but he better WTFU against the AMericans. NO idea how vocal he is, but after Heatley received the puck in the chest, Crosby was the 1st guy to come to him and asking. Niedermayer? not even leading on the ice by example.

Number Twenty Nine wrote:

yes, Crosby got all new respect from me. You could see it in his face that he's pissed with the attitudes of some of his team mates. If the rest of those clowns took the games 1/2 as serious as Sid, the gold would be a lock. F'ing Heately and the rest of those selfish clowns!

He's what Canadian hockey used to be about. You are absolutely right, you can tell who cares and who really wants to be there for the right reasons. Toews, Doughty, and a few others, you can tell. Hell, I lost a lot of respect for a guy like Iginla last night based on what I saw, not because he got benched but because of what happend after.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

marakh wrote:Don't know where is Niedermayer, but he better WTFU against the AMericans. NO idea how vocal he is, but after Heatley received the puck in the chest, Crosby was the 1st guy to come to him and asking. Niedermayer? not even leading on the ice by example.

Yeah, I'm assuming the thought behind making Nieds the captain was, he'd beable to get everyone checked.

Regardless of the outcome of the tourney (gold Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 2 422187 ) I think Crosby would have been the safer choice, just based on how well he handles himself on and off the ice.

I'm not a big fan of his, but he is amazing in all facets of the game. (except for fighting, but he's allowed that 'flaw')

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Where was the Captain during all this? Not impressed with greybeard's leadership. As much as I am *not* a Crosby fan, maybe he should have gotten the 'C'.

Speaking of which, has it ever happened that the Captain/Alternates were changed during a tournament (excluding injuries)?

The "Old Boys Club" is alive and well at Hockey Canada. This should have been more of a transition year in terms of selections. They picked the wrong returnees and not enough new blood.

Whatever. It's still a long tournament and Fraudeur is money in the bank. Sarcasm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I'm actually kinda impressed. Where has Crosby the whiner gone? He is my age and the level of maturity and leadership is impressive to say the least.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum