GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010

+20
SensHulk
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Riprock
sens4win
caissie_1
Ev
The Silfer Server
Hoags
AlfieisGod11
M_Christopher
wprager
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
PKC
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Canada vs. USA Feb 21, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 Vote_lcap227%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 4 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 Vote_lcap233%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 5 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 28]

Michael Fisher Portnoy II

Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:Martin is "avenging" the loss to Team USA by slaughtering the Americans in their curling match 7-2.
HappyDance1

I don't know *how* I didn't think of it earlier:

By Martin's hammer, we have been avenged.

Rep points if you can name the movie I'm (mis) quoting.

Oh god... GALAXY QUEST

you're fired

http://www.theempirescoresback.blogspot.com

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Michallica wrote:
marakh wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I hope when we win or lose, people don't debate this for the next 3 months. Dung happens, it's almost NHL time again. Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 805406

haha, don;t worry, there's trade deadline just after the olympics.

Is it weird that I had a dream last night that the trade deadline was a bust, and the biggest name moved was Tuomo Ruutu, but Ottawa did not make a single trade that day much to my disappointment? Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 260269 Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 521674

Not weird just likely.

I hope you're WRONG! Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 555492 Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 28774

Vandelay

Sophomore
Sophomore

Yeeesh...I thought I'd get to the end of this thread but it aint happening...So many people bashing so many players!

Babcock: what the hell is he supposed to do differently other than maybe calling a TO? We dominated this game. The pucks didn't go in.

Role players: Role players make no difference in this game. We dominated this game and had the puck in their end for the majority of the game. Do you guys really think the players you've been bashing don't know how to score dirty goals? (See douche bag's goal)

I agree with the negativity towards Niedermayer, Pronger, and Brodeur but the rest is all merda. This talk about egos and too many leaders carries no relevence for me. I don't even agree Miller was all that great...he did what he was supposed to do as the best goalie for his country where as Brodeur did not.

Anyway, I realize my response is all over the place but I'm flabergasted with the lack of perspective on here. If Luongo is in for that game instead of St.Martin, we win that game and everyone is raving about our dominance over those putas south of the border....

Whatever....what's done is done...let's see what happens from here.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 28 270956 Right on Vandelay!

Vandelay wrote:Yeeesh...I thought I'd get to the end of this thread but it aint happening...So many people bashing so many players!

Babcock: what the hell is he supposed to do differently other than maybe calling a TO? We dominated this game. The pucks didn't go in.

Role players: Role players make no difference in this game. We dominated this game and had the puck in their end for the majority of the game. Do you guys really think the players you've been bashing don't know how to score dirty goals? (See douche bag's goal)

I agree with the negativity towards Niedermayer, Pronger, and Brodeur but the rest is all merda. This talk about egos and too many leaders carries no relevence for me. I don't even agree Miller was all that great...he did what he was supposed to do as the best goalie for his country where as Brodeur did not.

Anyway, I realize my response is all over the place but I'm flabergasted with the lack of perspective on here. If Luongo is in for that game instead of St.Martin, we win that game and everyone is raving about our dominance over those putas south of the border....

Whatever....what's done is done...let's see what happens from here.

Just The American ones, right?

I know his linemates dont. As for Miller, he was great.

Based on what? The defense and in zone coverage was garbage for a lot of the game. Who is to say Luongo doesnt let in the break away goals Brodeur stopped?
For most, it does. There is no leader on that team, just a bunch of leaders.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle yeah, the role players - or lack of them - are killing this team. Fisher for Thornton, St.Louis for Bergeron and that's a wrap. A couple more nasty fucks too for the third and fourth line. Richards has been...average at best.

Man, the closest thing we have to a role player is Brendan Morrow. That's it, that's all. The other two 'checkers'?: if you guess Iginla and Toews, you'd be a genius, because those are NOT checkers.

Again, Canada has a team of all stars out there, a lot of them with very little character in terms of over coming adversity. Crosby can take a team on his back but this one? Doubtful.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

stempniaksen wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm not too worried. It will probably only be brought up again in 2014.

When Mario is the Executive Director?

Burnaby Joe.

I guess they still have a few more icons to burn through.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:Martin is "avenging" the loss to Team USA by slaughtering the Americans in their curling match 7-2.
HappyDance1

Oh god... GALAXY QUEST

you're fired

By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you have your rep point.

I recently saw it ob Blu Ray for something like $10; I have to admit, I was tempted. I'd bought the DVD as a previously-viewed one for $5 or 6, thought it might be something the kids would enjoy. I think I've watched it 10 times since then Smile

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:Again, Canada has a team of all stars out there, a lot of them with very little character in terms of over coming adversity. Crosby can take a team on his back but this one? Doubtful.

Fair enough, Luongo might have let those breakaways in, but are you really convinced that role players rather than the guys currently there would have won that game? Really?

I dont know, but I do know to win the game further in the tournament they will. Last night, I dont think it would have changed the game for Canada but it absolutely did for The US.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Vandelay wrote:
N4L wrote:Again, Canada has a team of all stars out there, a lot of them with very little character in terms of over coming adversity. Crosby can take a team on his back but this one? Doubtful.

Fair enough, Luongo might have let those breakaways in, but are you really convinced that role players rather than the guys currently there would have won that game? Really?

Yep, you send them just after Canada scores that tying goal, could be very possible that the USA lose the momentum for the rest of the game.

Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
HappyDance1

Oh god... GALAXY QUEST

you're fired

By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you have your rep point.

I recently saw it ob Blu Ray for something like $10; I have to admit, I was tempted. I'd bought the DVD as a previously-viewed one for $5 or 6, thought it might be something the kids would enjoy. I think I've watched it 10 times since then Smile

I worked at Xerox for 5 years between 1997-2002 - i've seen the worst of the worst.

http://www.theempirescoresback.blogspot.com

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I actually really enjoy Galaxy Quest. It's amazing the number of well known actors in that movie.

Do you recall when and where you saw it for $10 on BD?

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Dash wrote:I actually really enjoy Galaxy Quest. It's amazing the number of well known actors in that movie.

Do you recall when and where you saw it for $10 on BD?

Best Buy in Kanata woot woot

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

nice... should be all BB's then. Thanks MC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum