GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

cheechoo on waivers according to McKenzie (clears waivers)

+24
garblar
Phoenix30
dennycrane
stempniaksen
LeCaptain
AlfieisGod11
TeamRenzo
Riprock
sens4win
SensGirl11
Hoags
rooneypoo
SensHulk
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
asq2
SensFan71
M_Christopher
BigRig
KidKarlsson
Urkie
Hobiesens
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 14]

I did start the Cheechoo depreciation thread but I sincerely hope this guy can find his game again. I think his body just must be done. He worked hard but didn't produce. Perhaps he can find a lesser role with another club.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:I did start the Cheechoo depreciation thread but I sincerely hope this guy can find his game again. I think his body just must be done. He worked hard but didn't produce. Perhaps he can find a lesser role with another club.

His only real problem is that he's seriously overpaid at the moment. This doesn't happen to him if he's making $500K. Then he's Shean Donovan.

Well, that, and Cheechoo really can't skate anymore. Dude needs some power skating lessons.

garblar

Rookie
Rookie

Phoenix30 wrote:Even though I have heard Stevie Y isnt interested in coming home. I would love to have him come in next year and mentor under Murray and then take over.

ill reserve judgement on this til we see how he does at the olympics. if you cant win picking from the best talent in the country, how can you hope to win a cup

Picking an Olympic team and picking an NHL team are not the same at all. One, it's a one game knock out tournament when you get right down to it, two, there is no real grind, three, you dont have the ability to put 23 all stars on the team.

Yzerman as a GM in Ottawa would be a God send if Murray retired.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:Picking an Olympic team and picking an NHL team are not the same at all. One, it's a one game knock out tournament when you get right down to it, two, there is no real grind, three, you dont have the ability to put 23 all stars on the team.

Yeah exactly. My logic is - You can't spend that much time alongside Holland without picking something up.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Picking an Olympic team and picking an NHL team are not the same at all. One, it's a one game knock out tournament when you get right down to it, two, there is no real grind, three, you dont have the ability to put 23 all stars on the team.

While I can't argue, Stevie Y would be nice to have here, what did you mean here? The first paragraph you wrote is about how different the Olympics are from the NHL, then the next line you say Yzerman would be a godsend?

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:

While I can't argue, Stevie Y would be nice to have here, what did you mean here? The first paragraph you wrote is about how different the Olympics are from the NHL, then the next line you say Yzerman would be a godsend?

He's answering a previous post.

Saying you can't compare building an Olympic squad and an NHL team.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, okay.

I think all of us can relax knowing that one year + this one is a long, long time in hockey terms. There's a lot to come, Murray's the guy to guide it for as long as he wants, then we'll worry about who takes over when the time comes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Shouldn't this discussion be taking place over in the other thread (the one about the Sens' 9:30 presser?)

On this front, Cheechoo's cap space lets us add Cullen but leaves little else ($125K?) Picard's cap hit was $800K, versus $1.3M for Lee. Do we even have room for this "upgrade"? The good news, I guess, is that Karlsson will be back soon enough, and Campoli a couple of weeks after that.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Keep in mind the pro-rated cap hit.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Shouldn't this discussion be taking place over in the other thread (the one about the Sens' 9:30 presser?)

On this front, Cheechoo's cap space lets us add Cullen but leaves little else ($125K?) Picard's cap hit was $800K, versus $1.3M for Lee. Do we even have room for this "upgrade"? The good news, I guess, is that Karlsson will be back soon enough, and Campoli a couple of weeks after that.

You'd be surprised how many loopholes there are in the CBA to get around the cap on a short term basis.

Just based on guy's being injured, plus Cheechoo on waivers, plus Picard being traded, plus allowances for injury replacement, the Sens should be comfortable for the short term.

Also, I'm seriously inclined to believe that if Sens management is comfortable with Elliott in nets, that they will look at any options involving Leclaire that bring in a defenseman and a backup goaltender.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Stick with Leclaire and Elliott, I'd say we'll see how Leclaire plays against the Isles.

Even so that won't be a fair assessment of him given how long he's been out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Stick with Leclaire and Elliott, I'd say we'll see how Leclaire plays against the Isles.

Even so that won't be a fair assessment of him given how long he's been out.

For the time being, for sure. The last couple of years there have been a number of fairly solid goaltenders either put on waivers or traded for next to nothing. We have one with a fairly significant salary for another two years. The chances of getting something half-way decent for him are very slim.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cheechoo clears waivers according to Mckenzie.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Cheechoo clears waivers according to Mckenzie.

Shocking! Facepalm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Cheechoo clears waivers according to Mckenzie.

Shocking! Facepalm
Crying

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Apparently there was a false report by McKenzie where he thought the Leafs has claimed him. That would have been interesting.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Apparently there was a false report by McKenzie where he thought the Leafs has claimed him. That would have been interesting.

He'd be a better deal for them than Jeff Finger Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum