GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brian Elliott named NHL's 2nd star of the Week

+5
LeCaptain
wprager
PKC
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Michael Fisher Portnoy II

Rookie
Rookie

Difference is that at least Elliott has dealt with high pressure games. He took Wisconsin to the Frozen Four winning in 2006 in a single elimination tourney. If that's not pressure I don't know what is.

As far as Price goes, he was a kid who'd not won a junior playoff series in three years, and was thrust into the Calder Cup playoffs on a pretty stacked Hamilton team.

Elliott has two more years on Price, and perhaps being in a VERY difficult program at Wisconsin under Mike Eaves, may have learned how to be better with pressure.

Just a thought.

http://www.theempirescoresback.blogspot.com

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:Difference is that at least Elliott has dealt with high pressure games. He took Wisconsin to the Frozen Four winning in 2006 in a single elimination tourney. If that's not pressure I don't know what is.

As far as Price goes, he was a kid who'd not won a junior playoff series in three years, and was thrust into the Calder Cup playoffs on a pretty stacked Hamilton team.

Elliott has two more years on Price, and perhaps being in a VERY difficult program at Wisconsin under Mike Eaves, may have learned how to be better with pressure.

Just a thought.

Oh yeah, the NCAA route is a good one for goalies, but didn't Price win the WJC?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The WJC team was seriously stacked. I'm not saying they won despite of him, but they certainly did not win because of him.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:Difference is that at least Elliott has dealt with high pressure games. He took Wisconsin to the Frozen Four winning in 2006 in a single elimination tourney. If that's not pressure I don't know what is.

Just a thought.

Presssure was not my point though.
Elliott needed a career AHL-er to push his Donkey to get it going. If you trade Leclaire, competition is over, like when Price was given the reigns in MTL. Stopped working hard, thought he was the new king in town. Same thing with Emery. Probably has an effect with Mason in Columbus also etc.
Elliott has not played enough games yet and certainly hasn't been consistent enough.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:The WJC team was seriously stacked. I'm not saying they won despite of him, but they certainly did not win because of him.

Price also went on to win the Calder Cup in the AHL as well though right?

- Unknown Author

Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:The WJC team was seriously stacked. I'm not saying they won despite of him, but they certainly did not win because of him.

Again - a pretty stacked team. i think they were still sharing the Bulldogs with Edmonton in 2007.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

NCAA Championshp has a way bigger following, people have way more invested, and schools have a lot ridding on it then a Calder Cup ever will.

Elliott is a better goaltender then Price with, IMO, a past of making his teams better and finding ways to win. Doesnt matter if he lets in 8 soft ones a night, somehow, for the most part he finds ways to win at every level. That's his ability to battle which cant be taught.

Rookie
Rookie

N4L wrote:Elliott is a better goaltender then Price with, IMO, a past of making his teams better and finding ways to win. Doesnt matter if he lets in 8 soft ones a night, somehow, for the most part he finds ways to win at every level. That's his ability to battle which cant be taught.

100% agreed.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
Elliott is a better goaltender then Price with, IMO, a past of making his teams better and finding ways to win. Doesnt matter if he lets in 8 soft ones a night, somehow, for the most part he finds ways to win at every level. That's his ability to battle which cant be taught.

He's also a better juggler than Price I'll bet Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum