GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brian Elliott named NHL's 2nd star of the Week

+5
LeCaptain
wprager
PKC
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Michael Fisher Portnoy II

Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:
Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:Love how hot Belli has been lately. maybe not a fluke...

17-8-3 in 32 career NHL games is nothing to scoff at.. stretch that out over an 82 game schedule, and he's pulling in 49 wins. He also went 25-5-3 in his junior year at Wisconsin, is what was supposed to be a rebuild....

Where are you getting those figures from? The guy is 34-19-6 in 65 career games.

WOW - clearly I have spent too much time at my desk today. Even at that rate - 42 wins is nothing to scoff at.

http://www.theempirescoresback.blogspot.com

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Speaking of which, Sens update via Twitter says that goalie Mike Brodeur has been reassigned to the AHL. Looks like Pascal is ready to play again.

Boo if you don't mind me saying. I liked Brodeur and what he brought.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
PKC wrote:Speaking of which, Sens update via Twitter says that goalie Mike Brodeur has been reassigned to the AHL. Looks like Pascal is ready to play again.

Brian Elliott named NHL's 2nd star of the Week - Page 3 805406

That's a good thing. Pascal is more of a proven goaltender than Mike Brodeur is. As much as I hate to say it, Brodeur was just a flavor of the week.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Boo if you don't mind me saying. I liked Brodeur and what he brought.

Yeah, I understand that point of view. But it's much more vital to this team to have Pascal playing well than Broduer playing well - for a myriad of reasons.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
Yeah, I understand that point of view. But it's much more vital to this team to have Pascal playing well than Broduer playing well - for a myriad of reasons.

Except it's getting harder and harder to believe Pascal is capable of playing well .. consistently.

He doesn't even have a shutout yet.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:

Fair enough, yeah.

Rookie
Rookie

By season’s end (assuming Leclaire keeps sh!tting the bed) Elliott should be approaching 100 GP. Is that not a good enough barometer of what the kid can do as a starter? I mean he’ll have had three serious stints of 10-12+ games in a starting role when Gerbs/Auld/Leclaire has gone down…. If I were to read tomorrow that Murray flipped Leclaire for a Penner, or a Sharp, or a Weiss, I’d be good with what I’ve seen from Elliott to run him into the playoffs and see what the kid is REALLY made of, because frankly, with Leclaire in net (or in a vulnerable position on the bench) I’m not that confident.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:By season’s end (assuming Leclaire keeps sh!tting the bed) Elliott should be approaching 100 GP. Is that not a good enough barometer of what the kid can do as a starter? I mean he’ll have had three serious stints of 10-12+ games in a starting role when Gerbs/Auld/Leclaire has gone down…. If I were to read tomorrow that Murray flipped Leclaire for a Penner, or a Sharp, or a Weiss, I’d be good with what I’ve seen from Elliott to run him into the playoffs and see what the kid is REALLY made of, because frankly, with Leclaire in net (or in a vulnerable position on the bench) I’m not that confident.

Oh please can we have Sharp for Leclaire? Brian Elliott named NHL's 2nd star of the Week - Page 3 805406

Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:By season’s end (assuming Leclaire keeps sh!tting the bed) Elliott should be approaching 100 GP. Is that not a good enough barometer of what the kid can do as a starter? I mean he’ll have had three serious stints of 10-12+ games in a starting role when Gerbs/Auld/Leclaire has gone down…. If I were to read tomorrow that Murray flipped Leclaire for a Penner, or a Sharp, or a Weiss, I’d be good with what I’ve seen from Elliott to run him into the playoffs and see what the kid is REALLY made of, because frankly, with Leclaire in net (or in a vulnerable position on the bench) I’m not that confident.

Oh please can we have Sharp for Leclaire? Brian Elliott named NHL's 2nd star of the Week - Page 3 805406

Obviously just a random name thrown out there for an example, but seriously. It's no different than running Emery out there

Leclaire for Penner would be a pretty solid deal IMO. Prob be more like Leclaire and O'Brien for Penner if we r being honest.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Leclaire for Penner would be a pretty solid deal IMO. Prob be more like Leclaire and O'Brien for Penner if we r being honest.

Bu bye O'Brien, have fun in...the AHL probably.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308579

Elliott posted a 3-0-0 record, 0.98 goals-against
average and .964 save percentage. He also had a shutout as the Senators
extended their win streak to a franchise-record nine games.

I don't know what TSN is smoking, but how can someone have a 0.98 GAA in 3 games?

One game went into OT, plus with delayed penalties when the goalie makes it to the bench he often does not get the full 60 minutes. GAA is adjusted to 60 minutes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:Thanks, that makes more sense actually.
TSn are still morons though Brian Elliott named NHL's 2nd star of the Week - Page 3 Icon_tongue

No argument there.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

MTL is the perfect example of why we should not do that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:

MTL is the perfect example of why we should not do that.

Haha, true enough.

Rookie
Rookie

Difference is that at least Elliott has dealt with high pressure games. He took Wisconsin to the Frozen Four winning in 2006 in a single elimination tourney. If that's not pressure I don't know what is.

As far as Price goes, he was a kid who'd not won a junior playoff series in three years, and was thrust into the Calder Cup playoffs on a pretty stacked Hamilton team.

Elliott has two more years on Price, and perhaps being in a VERY difficult program at Wisconsin under Mike Eaves, may have learned how to be better with pressure.

Just a thought.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:Difference is that at least Elliott has dealt with high pressure games. He took Wisconsin to the Frozen Four winning in 2006 in a single elimination tourney. If that's not pressure I don't know what is.

As far as Price goes, he was a kid who'd not won a junior playoff series in three years, and was thrust into the Calder Cup playoffs on a pretty stacked Hamilton team.

Elliott has two more years on Price, and perhaps being in a VERY difficult program at Wisconsin under Mike Eaves, may have learned how to be better with pressure.

Just a thought.

Oh yeah, the NCAA route is a good one for goalies, but didn't Price win the WJC?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The WJC team was seriously stacked. I'm not saying they won despite of him, but they certainly did not win because of him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum