GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brian Elliott named NHL's 2nd star of the Week

+5
LeCaptain
wprager
PKC
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Thanks, that makes more sense actually.
TSn are still morons though Brian Elliott named NHL's 2nd star of the Week - Page 2 Icon_tongue

Oh yeah....case in point, their Diddling power rankings. Picked by a monkey, reported on by a monkey.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Way to go Ells! But I can't help but feel that none of this would have been possible without Mike Brodeur....

Michael Fisher Portnoy II

Rookie
Rookie

Love how hot Belli has been lately. maybe not a fluke...

17-8-3 in 32 career NHL games is nothing to scoff at.. stretch that out over an 82 game schedule, and he's pulling in 49 wins. He also went 25-5-3 in his junior year at Wisconsin, is what was supposed to be a rebuild....

http://www.theempirescoresback.blogspot.com

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:Love how hot Belli has been lately. maybe not a fluke...

17-8-3 in 32 career NHL games is nothing to scoff at.. stretch that out over an 82 game schedule, and he's pulling in 49 wins. He also went 25-5-3 in his junior year at Wisconsin, is what was supposed to be a rebuild....

Where are you getting those figures from? The guy is 34-19-6 in 65 career games.

Michallica wrote:Way to go Ells! But I can't help but feel that none of this would have been possible without Mike Brodeur....

You may be very right but the fact of the matter is Elliott has absolute every tool needed to be a top tier NHL goaltender and the attitude needed. Never gets too high, never gets too low. Elliott is the real deal and I have been saying as much for well over a year before he even got to Ottawa.

With him and Lehner, The Sens have never been so deep in goal. Add in Leclaire who is an amazing goaltender (when healthy) along with Brodure, you have 4 assets in your organization right now.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hate to break it to y'all but he will never be Brodeur or Price.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
You may be very right but the fact of the matter is Elliott has absolute every tool needed to be a top tier NHL goaltender and the attitude needed. Never gets too high, never gets too low. Elliott is the real deal and I have been saying as much for well over a year before he even got to Ottawa.

With him and Lehner, The Sens have never been so deep in goal. Add in Leclaire who is an amazing goaltender (when healthy) along with Brodure, you have 4 assets in your organization right now.

I like the sound of that. I hope you're right about Elliott having all the tools, I really do.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
Michallica wrote:Way to go Ells! But I can't help but feel that none of this would have been possible without Mike Brodeur....

I would like some better decision-making along the boards, if that's possible...

From TSN: "Elliott posted a 3-0-0 record, 0.98 goals-against average and .964 save percentage. He also had a shutout as the Senators extended their win streak to a franchise-record nine games."

How is his GAA .098 when he let in 3 goals in 3 games?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Gohan wrote:From TSN: "Elliott posted a 3-0-0 record, 0.98 goals-against average and .964 save percentage. He also had a shutout as the Senators extended their win streak to a franchise-record nine games."

See previous page.

marakh wrote:
N4L wrote:

I would like some better decision-making along the boards, if that's possible...

If at least one of them could handle the puck, that would be super Brian Elliott named NHL's 2nd star of the Week - Page 2 85287

mmmyesss...I seeee Brian Elliott named NHL's 2nd star of the Week - Page 2 663118 Thanks

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Gohan wrote:From TSN: "Elliott posted a 3-0-0 record, 0.98 goals-against average and .964 save percentage. He also had a shutout as the Senators extended their win streak to a franchise-record nine games."

GAA is calculated per minutes played, not per game. That's why you get goalies with GAA of 1.37 or 2.12.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Speaking of which, Sens update via Twitter says that goalie Mike Brodeur has been reassigned to the AHL. Looks like Pascal is ready to play again.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Speaking of which, Sens update via Twitter says that goalie Mike Brodeur has been reassigned to the AHL. Looks like Pascal is ready to play again.

Brian Elliott named NHL's 2nd star of the Week - Page 2 805406

Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:
Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:Love how hot Belli has been lately. maybe not a fluke...

Where are you getting those figures from? The guy is 34-19-6 in 65 career games.

WOW - clearly I have spent too much time at my desk today. Even at that rate - 42 wins is nothing to scoff at.

http://www.theempirescoresback.blogspot.com

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Speaking of which, Sens update via Twitter says that goalie Mike Brodeur has been reassigned to the AHL. Looks like Pascal is ready to play again.

Boo if you don't mind me saying. I liked Brodeur and what he brought.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:

Brian Elliott named NHL's 2nd star of the Week - Page 2 805406

That's a good thing. Pascal is more of a proven goaltender than Mike Brodeur is. As much as I hate to say it, Brodeur was just a flavor of the week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum