GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cormier does it again...(Update: Suspended for entire year)

+10
Hobiesens
shabbs
SensGirl11
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
Hayden
beedub
M_Christopher
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Cormier's got a history too. This is the first I have heard of Kassian doing something like this, and I had never heard of Liambas before the Fanelli hit.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lamoriello speaks:

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...riello_no.html

"All I know is the incident that transpired. I certainly have spoken to
Patrice," the GM said. "Only because of the rhetoric. I asked him how
he felt because of the rhetoric. There is no issue from my end of it.
"

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good to know Lou has no issues with this. Cormier does it again...(Update: Suspended for entire year) - Page 3 489887

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Fair enough. His CHL career could be done, so he can sign him and call him up and see how he cares then. Wait till he tries this stuff in the big leagues. He likely won't even get around to it, cause somebody will get to him first just because.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Stefan Della Roverre and Alex Pietrangelo were asked about the hit and they didn't want to comment on what the league should do, but said 'cheap shots are not part of his game' and that he's a 'well-rounded guy off the ice'.

After seeing the WJC's I would have to disagree that cheapshots aren't a part of his game.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, I think both Cormier and Kassian should be suspended for the rest of the season plus playoffs. The same thing Liambas faced when he did his deed.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Kassian deserves to be suspended for the season, playoffs maybe.

Cormier shouldn't be allowed to play a CHL game ever again, but given the Q's record he'll be back for playoffs.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

M_Christopher wrote:Kassian deserves to be suspended for the season, playoffs maybe.

Cormier shouldn't be allowed to play a CHL game ever again, but given the Q's record he'll be back for playoffs.
Cormier will be up in the "A" next season anyway won't he? I don't see a suspension going beyond this season.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Patrice Cormier should be charged with aggravated assault at the least and should be banned from both junior hockey and international hockey. Just because these kids play contact sports doesn't excuse someone trying to do this Dung to someone else.

A message needs to be sent that this isn't what hockey is about, and it should start with this bunghole.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They are really in a pickle here with both Kassian and Cormier due for some serious discipline. They need to send a message. This is a litmus test for the CHL, that's for sure. If they are serious about head shots, they need to lower the boom on these guys.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:Patrice Cormier should be charged with aggravated assault at the least and should be banned from both junior hockey and international hockey. Just because these kids play contact sports doesn't excuse someone trying to do this Dung to someone else.

A message needs to be sent that this isn't what hockey is about, and it should start with this bunghole.

Aggravated assault... Now I think that's a little much... Look up the Criminal Code.

Section 268
'' Every one who commits and aggravated assault is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to impriosonment for a term not exceeding fourteen years''

Now he could be facing up to 14 years... I doubt he would get that but still im just saying that's what you may get for an aggravated assault.

Now just standard assault migth be possible..,

Section 266
" Every one who commits an assault is guilty of:
(a) an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years or;
(b) an offence punishable on summary conviction.

This is a dual procedure offence so it make's much more sense to charge him with an assault then aggravated... The Crown would most definetly go summary conviction on him...

For those not familiar with Summary conviction the maximum sentence is 6 months incarceration, 2000$ fine or both...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=306706

There U go, suspended indefinitely.

''One thing I didn't like was the way he left the ice,'' Roy said. ''He
didn't show that he felt sorry for what he did, he was arguing with the
referee, and when he was asked to leave the ice, he was looking at our
bench.''

What a jerk.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=306706

bench.''

What a jerk.

I would not be upset if the AHL upheld this suspension next year. I would not be upset if he lost a year of his development and, as a result, never got to the NHL.

But I'd also like to see a heavy fine levied against the team and the coach. Someone drafted/traded for him with his history. Maybe if more teams/GMs/coaches were hesitant about putting players like this in their team's uniforms we would see fewer players like this around.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That's the first move they make before they hand down the official discipline. Kassian is in the same boat right now as they review.

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

What they need to do to stop these things is suspend the person as if they were 16 and still had 4 more years in the league..

Ie, he's suspended for 100 games...

Then the NHL, AHL, and really all North American pro hockey leagues need to uphold the suspension. So his 100 games would apply to the remainder of his CHL season and carry over into the AHL or NHL if that's where he was to go. Should he go to Europe, then his suspension would be put on hold so he's suspended while he's not playing in North America.

I realize this may sound dramatic, but what good does it do to suspend him for 80 games from the CHL, when the following week he signs with New Jersey (if he isn't already signed), and starts playing in the AHL.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

bench.''

What a jerk.

Oh well, there would go my junior career, because I'd hop off the bench and beat the living Dung out of him. I'm not kidding for a second, the second he looked over at my bench after that disgusting display, I'm out on the ice feeding him fists until they need to pump his stomach to retrieve his teeth.

SpezDispenser wrote:

bench.''

What a jerk.

Oh well, there would go my junior career, because I'd hop off the bench and beat the living Dung out of him. I'm not kidding for a second, the second he looked over at my bench after that disgusting display, I'm out on the ice feeding him fists until they need to pump his stomach to retrieve his teeth.

I think I'd rather have him have to wait a few days to pass through his colon and out. Sounds less pleasant to me.

This kid gets whatever is coming to him. He's reckless and doesn't deserve to play. It's hard to think why this kid was Canada's captain with all the other worthy guys there.

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
I would not be upset if the AHL upheld this suspension next year. I would not be upset if he lost a year of his development and, as a result, never got to the NHL.

But I'd also like to see a heavy fine levied against the team and the coach. Someone drafted/traded for him with his history. Maybe if more teams/GMs/coaches were hesitant about putting players like this in their team's uniforms we would see fewer players like this around.

As a Devils fan, I can say I'm ashamed that Lou has come out to say he doesn't think he should be suspended for a season. I think it should be 2 full seasons applied to all pro hockey leagues...

but then again that's just me. Is it me, or is that as close as we've come to having someone killed from a reckless hit. I'm not sure you could closer to killing someone without actually having a death happen...

There is no place in hockey for that, yet wasn't the hit on Gonchar the same thing with a different result?

Both players inflicted their hits, with the anticipation that the puck would arrive at the same time they did. In both cases the puck either didn't arrive (in the Clutterbuck hit) or was long gone (in the Tak hit). Both players hit high with elbows...so the NHL sees nothing wrong with it, and the CHL is looking to kick the guy out.

That's the problem with the sport...those sorts of descrepencies have to stop. I liked what I heard on the radio today, that certain acts...ie an attempt to elbow someone that misses, needs to be reviewed and a suspension handed down.

I.E.
Chris Neil is suspended for 1 game for an attempt to injure with an elbow that missed.

Start there, and then make the punishments for actual injuries more sever. I'm not talking about all hits, or high sticks that miss...but if Alex Ovechkin swings his stick wildly at another player in response to a hard hit, and A.O. misses the player but clearly was swinging for this shoulder, chest, whatever with intent to hurt, then suspend him.

Devo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum