GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cormier does it again...(Update: Suspended for entire year)

+10
Hobiesens
shabbs
SensGirl11
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
Hayden
beedub
M_Christopher
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

What a complete and utter bunghole this kid is. He shouldn't be aloud to play hockey anywhere anymore. This angers me to no end. I would put a ban on this kid quicker than you can say jack rabbit. Horrible!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:Oh my god, when I saw the guy convulsing on the ice I felt sick.
Yeah, that was pretty shocking. Looks like he had a siezure or something. Hope he's ok. That was pretty disgusting.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

After the first time I saw him do something stupid, the elbow vs. Sweden, I questioned why he was chosen as captain. He's no leader at all. Poor coaching decision. All tournament he did questionable things.

Sort of related, Zack Kassian's hit was also bad. Don't think the result was as bad, but the hit was definitely illegal. Left his feet and propelled himself at him.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Here's the Kassian hit in case you missed it. He's been "suspended indefinitely".

The irony is that I was reading a Sabres fan site and the writer said there was nothing wrong with this hit. I'm sure he would argue that Neil's hit to Drury was dirty though. Or Schaefer on Connelly.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Absolutely sickening.

As for Tam... reports say he was in stable condition in hospital with a concussion, a few missing teeth and a possible broken jaw.... inews880.com

The French report indicates that the hit was close to being fatal and that they ran all sorts of tests on him overnight to make sure there was no fluid build up on the brain.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Patrick Roy, coach of the Remparts, has filed reports with the Quebec Police.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Patrice Cormier should be banned from hockey. Period.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He's going to find himself in a world of pain at the NHL level. His lack of respect will get him his Donkey handed to him by much larger opponents in the professional level.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:Here's the Kassian hit in case you missed it. He's been "suspended indefinitely".

The irony is that I was reading a Sabres fan site and the writer said there was nothing wrong with this hit. I'm sure he would argue that Neil's hit to Drury was dirty though. Or Schaefer on Connelly.

Terrible! I can't belive the fans either, that's just sickening. Sorry, I dont' care who gets hit like that, if one of our guys did it to someone and it was that dirty, I couldn't be cheering like that. If the guy got up and was fine, maybe it would be a different story, but you still call for a suspension in that case. I dont' care if it's your team or not that did it. That Dung just shouldn't happen. To think that some of these bunghole might find themselves in our league soon...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cormier may face charges...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/2010/01/18/cormier_ejected/

Complaint has been filed with the police by Ramparts coach Patrick Roy.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

To me this is 100 times worse than the Kassian hit - which was bad enough in that it was predatory and Kassian's got a screw loose, but the Cormier hit was attempted murder it was so blatantly head-hunting and horrendous.

People are thinking that Lou will call him personally to try to explain things to him.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:To me this is 100 times worse than the Kassian hit - which was bad enough in that it was predatory and Kassian's got a screw loose, but the Cormier hit was attempted murder it was so blatantly head-hunting and horrendous.

People are thinking that Lou will call him personally to try to explain things to him.
You sure you're not reacting to the seizure after and all the blood? Both were vicious head shots, and both were clearly predatory. Attempted murder seems a bit strong.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:You sure you're not reacting to the seizure after and all the blood? Both were vicious head shots, and both were clearly predatory. Attempted murder seems a bit strong.

Probably I am, yeah. Laugh1 I was shocked and appalled that someone would do that, but you're right, if the other guy had popped back up...perhaps we wouldn't even be discussing it right now.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think it comes down to past incidents and the blatant attempt to injure. They are both illegal hits with attempt to injure. They both targeted their opponent and made contact outside the "rules" of hockey. Obviously the result of the Cormier hit was much worse than the Kassian hit, which is why makes it much worse. Even the Liambas hits were likely intended to cause injury and they did. Matt Kennedy was looking up because the puck went over his head and he was vulnerable and Kassian left his feet. Mikael Tam had just gotten the puck off his stick and was prey for Cormier who crossed the width of the ice surface to get him. Not only would this likely be charging or interference, but he clearly threw his elbow over his shoulder's height. And Fanelli was hit behind the net, a place where many people are vulnerable.

Liambas got a lifetime ban from the OHL, I think Cormier should get at minimum the same.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

How does Liambas' "history of violence" stack up to Cormier or Kassian? Liambas had a history of this kind of crap and I'm sure it weighed heavily.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Cormier's got a history too. This is the first I have heard of Kassian doing something like this, and I had never heard of Liambas before the Fanelli hit.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lamoriello speaks:

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...riello_no.html

"All I know is the incident that transpired. I certainly have spoken to
Patrice," the GM said. "Only because of the rhetoric. I asked him how
he felt because of the rhetoric. There is no issue from my end of it.
"

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good to know Lou has no issues with this. Cormier does it again...(Update: Suspended for entire year) - Page 2 489887

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum