GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010

+20
Hobiesens
Jordo
PKC
garblar
Hayden
SensHulk
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
SDH89
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
TheAvatar
PTFlea
wprager
caissie_1
LeCaptain
dennycrane
asq2
rooneypoo
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 29]

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

SDH89 wrote:Wow, not much else to say but what a great game.

It would be nice if SensTV streamed games more often that weren't on local TV.

It would be nice, but I'm surprised they were allowed to. A free game not on local tv is one more reason a Sens fan will have for buying NHL CI.

Did any of the people saying Kuba was good today actually watch the game. He made a great pass to Alfie for the redirected goal, but he was his usual self most of the game.

Kuba has two major flaws and they both come down to hockey instinct. First on the PP, Kuba is very slow to decide what to do with the puck, whether it's a shot or a pass, which is brutal against PKs that pressure the points. Second, in the defensive zone and against rushing forwards he is VERY slow to turn his hips when the opposing player makes his move which leads to him getting beat consistently. He lacks the anticipation that those players with true hockey instincts have.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I missed the game, I'm wondering how Foligno looked. I recall saying right after the last time he was scratched that he would be the kind of player that would need to scratched over and over again to wake him up.

Anyone see anything the contrary?
He was actually pretty good today. I agree though, he needs to learn self motivation, he might be one of those guys who thinks he is giving 100% but really isn't. I believe his top end potential is borderline top 6 player, but much more effective as a 3rd liner, playing 3rd line minutes on a very good team.

Thanks. I think he's exactly the kind of player you move for The Wizard...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

dennycrane wrote:
SDH89 wrote:Wow, not much else to say but what a great game.

It would be nice if SensTV streamed games more often that weren't on local TV.

It would be nice, but I'm surprised they were allowed to. A free game not on local tv is one more reason a Sens fan will have for buying NHL CI.

For the vast majority of NHL-CI-buying public streaming is either not an option or not an option that competes with NHL-CI. Trust me, the geeks are only plentiful where geeks work. Because geeks rarely socialize outside of work, they sometimes fall under this incorrect assumption that geeks are plentiful everywhere, and that it's just his parents (and, on occasion, his in-laws) that are incapable or ill-equipped to take advantage of free TV over the internet.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I missed the game, I'm wondering how Foligno looked. I recall saying right after the last time he was scratched that he would be the kind of player that would need to scratched over and over again to wake him up.

Anyone see anything the contrary?
He was actually pretty good today. I agree though, he needs to learn self motivation, he might be one of those guys who thinks he is giving 100% but really isn't. I believe his top end potential is borderline top 6 player, but much more effective as a 3rd liner, playing 3rd line minutes on a very good team.

Thanks. I think he's exactly the kind of player you move for The Wizard...

You want to trade Nick Foligno for Ray "Wizard" Whitney? Whaaa?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:Did any of the people saying Kuba was good today actually watch the game. He made a great pass to Alfie for the redirected goal, but he was his usual self most of the game.

Kuba has two major flaws and they both come down to hockey instinct. First on the PP, Kuba is very slow to decide what to do with the puck, whether it's a shot or a pass, which is brutal against PKs that pressure the points. Second, in the defensive zone and against rushing forwards he is VERY slow to turn his hips when the opposing player makes his move which leads to him getting beat consistently. He lacks the anticipation that those players with true hockey instincts have.

Yeah, I see that now but there was a time after he signed with us at the deadline last year where I thought his IQ and instincts looked amazing. What happened?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I would really like to see Foligno try to get open shots one-timers more. He looks cool with FIsher and Alfie because those two can hammer it (and Alfie's everywhere to get the puck), but otherwise he always looks like he doesn't gel with anybody and cycle in the land of the forever. Even our 3rd line get beautiful one timers often. It's nice to cycle but when nobody's driving to the net it's useless.
When he does that, we shoot 50 shots on goal and score 1, and make back ups look like Vezina candidates.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:Did any of the people saying Kuba was good today actually watch the game. He made a great pass to Alfie for the redirected goal, but he was his usual self most of the game.

Yeah, I see that now but there was a time after he signed with us at the deadline last year where I thought his IQ and instincts looked amazing. What happened?

Maybe the bolded part in the earlier post is the key. His injury earlier this year had to do with his hip/groin area which, apparently, has been a problem for him for quite a while (heard that on a pre-game show on 1200, I think). It affects the mechanics of his movement and could explain more than a few of the issues we see.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum