GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010

+20
Hobiesens
Jordo
PKC
garblar
Hayden
SensHulk
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
SDH89
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
TheAvatar
PTFlea
wprager
caissie_1
LeCaptain
dennycrane
asq2
rooneypoo
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 29]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Man... we're 10 points behind Buffalo and they have 4 games in hand.

Let's stay in 6th, we're gonna kick their asses in April.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

caissie_1 wrote:The Hawks are gonne be tough.... Gonna be hard.

Nah... Best team in the league? Peace of cake GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010 - Page 27 Icon_wink ... GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010 - Page 27 432129

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I gotta say if you told me we'd be embarrassed by the Canes and Thrashers but we'd shutout the Rangers, beat the Habs and then cream the Bruins I would have thought you were crazy.

Yeah really. Diddled up year so far, but we're in the top 8, so...yeah! Keep it up guys!

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Wow...this thread died very quickly.

Who were the 3 stars?

1 - Alfie
2 - Fisher
3 - ?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kuba.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Talk about Fish picking up his game after being silent for so long.

Could you imagine if we had Alfie, Fisher, Kovalev, Spezza and Michalek all firing on all cylinders for the remainder of the season? Wow, I'll run around our streets naked if that happens.

That with our secondary guys chipping in could see us jump in the standings fairly quickly. If only our goaltenders could play well all the time.

What happens with Brodeur? Does he get to start again before Leclaire comes back? Kind of a Dung time for him to get the flu. This could have all happened for a reason though, the stars aligned perfectly today.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't look now, but we have a couple of players who are making an impact for us - slowly albeit, but they are starting to really become a PART of this team. Peter Regin is one who has tremendous skills, but doesn't really have the weight for the kind of game he wants to play. He ran at Chara in the 1st (the only period I could watch) and battled for the puck all over the ice. It's amazing to think that this kid has a ton of talent as well to go with a rather rugged style of play. I would suggest that this kid will never again leave the NHL - and I would go on to say he's got a REAL shot at being a 45-50+ point guy in the next 2-3 years.

Another is Erik Karlsson who's game is getting better and better. Outlet passes, going back to get pucks no matter who's on him, the only thing missing is him rocketing shots from the point on the PP - but I have a feeling that will come sooner rather than later.

So kuods to the kids for starting to show that this ain't no flash in the pan - they're here to stay. GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010 - Page 27 77131

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Talk about Fish picking up his game after being silent for so long.

Could you imagine if we had Alfie, Fisher, Kovalev, Spezza and Michalek all firing on all cylinders for the remainder of the season? Wow, I'll run around our streets naked if that happens.

That with our secondary guys chipping in could see us jump in the standings fairly quickly. If only our goaltenders could play well all the time.

What happens with Brodeur? Does he get to start again before Leclaire comes back? Kind of a Dung time for him to get the flu. This could have all happened for a reason though, the stars aligned perfectly today.

The key to us continuing to win is more on Kelly, Neil and Ruutu (and Regin etc.) than it is on Alfie, Spezza, Michalek etc. IMO, this would be amazing if these guys continue to play well and do what they're supposed to be doing: support the big guns and help the team win.

HUGE win with the best team in the NHL coming tomorrow. The importance of the bottom 9 players will be huge going forward.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

WTG Sens ... finally get payback against the Bruins and we even chased Thomas from the net.

Alfie is god ..... this team is SOL when he retires Sad

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Talk about Fish picking up his game after being silent for so long.

A lot of reasons not to do that right now GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010 - Page 27 270956

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:WTG Sens ... finally get payback against the Bruins and we even chased Thomas from the net.

Alfie is god ..... this team is SOL when he retires Sad

No way! He'll be our GM or if not GM right away, coach first, then GM. Alfie will ALWAYS be a HUGE part of the Ottawa Senators and I'm so happy for that. I love this guy.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:That's three road wins in a row. Too bad we crapped the bed vs. teams like the Thrashers and Hurricanes.

Remember, I called that rock-bottom (the Thrashers loss).

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
No way! He'll be our GM or if not GM right away, coach first, then GM. Alfie will ALWAYS be a HUGE part of the Ottawa Senators and I'm so happy for that. I love this guy.

I'm sure he'll stay with the organization, although I figure he'd be our scout in Europe or something.

But what he brings on the ice and the dressing room is irreplaceable .... Sad

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Another is Erik Karlsson who's game is getting better and better. Outlet passes, going back to get pucks no matter who's on him, the only thing missing is him rocketing shots from the point on the PP - but I have a feeling that will come sooner rather than later.

Today was definitely his best game in terms of rushing the puck. He was all over the ice but managed to be back in a defensive position if the Bruins got the puck out of the zone.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I'm sure he'll stay with the organization, although I figure he'd be our scout in Europe or something.

But what he brings on the ice and the dressing room is irreplaceable .... Sad

Not if he's the coach. GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010 - Page 27 805406

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:

A lot of reasons not to do that right now GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010 - Page 27 270956

It's been "legal" for a few years now, hasn' tit?

(sorry, believe it or not that's the way my fingers actually typed it -- I went back to correct it, then though, nah, much funnier that way)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, I just realized that today was the first day that I brought my Sens mug (Christmas present from one of the kids) to work. I was actually drinking coffee and the Sens won (typically I don't drink coffee at game time, so this is the first time the mug-magic has been tested).

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

[quote="SensGirl11"]Talk about Fish picking up his game after being silent for so long.

Please ensure that you stop by Wendover, Ontario!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum