GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010

+20
Hobiesens
Jordo
PKC
garblar
Hayden
SensHulk
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
SDH89
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
TheAvatar
PTFlea
wprager
caissie_1
LeCaptain
dennycrane
asq2
rooneypoo
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 29]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Talk about Fish picking up his game after being silent for so long.

Could you imagine if we had Alfie, Fisher, Kovalev, Spezza and Michalek all firing on all cylinders for the remainder of the season? Wow, I'll run around our streets naked if that happens.

That with our secondary guys chipping in could see us jump in the standings fairly quickly. If only our goaltenders could play well all the time.

What happens with Brodeur? Does he get to start again before Leclaire comes back? Kind of a Dung time for him to get the flu. This could have all happened for a reason though, the stars aligned perfectly today.

A lot of reasons not to do that right now GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010 - Page 28 270956

It's been "legal" for a few years now, hasn' tit?

(sorry, believe it or not that's the way my fingers actually typed it -- I went back to correct it, then though, nah, much funnier that way)

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hey, I just realized that today was the first day that I brought my Sens mug (Christmas present from one of the kids) to work. I was actually drinking coffee and the Sens won (typically I don't drink coffee at game time, so this is the first time the mug-magic has been tested).

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

[quote="SensGirl11"]Talk about Fish picking up his game after being silent for so long.

Could you imagine if we had Alfie, Fisher, Kovalev, Spezza and Michalek all firing on all cylinders for the remainder of the season? Wow, I'll run around our streets naked if that happens.

Please ensure that you stop by Wendover, Ontario!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I'm not touching the running around naked comment. Smile

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

You didn't expect us to just ignore it did ya?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, I'm not touching the running around naked comment. Smile

Seriously, I'm sure she was just joking or exaggerating. I mean, wait until Spring or at least a warm winter day. Right now it would be brutal. And watch out for the Google Street-View truck.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:You didn't expect us to just ignore it did ya?

Nah... GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010 - Page 28 805406

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I missed the game, I'm wondering how Foligno looked. I recall saying right after the last time he was scratched that he would be the kind of player that would need to scratched over and over again to wake him up.

Anyone see anything the contrary?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore;_ylt=Ap5TEZ3dAnctUZxwAtDk9eUJfwM6?gid=2010011801

What's with Yahoo giving the Bs a phantom goal?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore;_ylt=Ap5TEZ3dAnctUZxwAtDk9eUJfwM6?gid=2010011801

It's Yahoo... unreliable for sports.

Wink

They're scoring detail is right, just the summary is wrong.

Why are you using Yahoo?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HUZZAH!!!! Praise Alfie!!!

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010 - Page 28 Sens_celeb_big_645

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore;_ylt=Ap5TEZ3dAnctUZxwAtDk9eUJfwM6?gid=2010011801

It's Yahoo... unreliable for sports.

Wink

They're scoring detail is right, just the summary is wrong.

Why are you using Yahoo?

I dunno, I've always liked the summary, it's detailed and I like the stats.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Wow, not much else to say but what a great game.

It would be nice if SensTV streamed games more often that weren't on local TV.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:HUZZAH!!!! Praise Alfie!!!

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010 - Page 28 Sens_celeb_big_645

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010 - Page 28 805406 GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Jan. 18th, 2010 - Page 28 Herz

SeawaySensFan wrote:I missed the game, I'm wondering how Foligno looked. I recall saying right after the last time he was scratched that he would be the kind of player that would need to scratched over and over again to wake him up.

He was actually pretty good today. I agree though, he needs to learn self motivation, he might be one of those guys who thinks he is giving 100% but really isn't. I believe his top end potential is borderline top 6 player, but much more effective as a 3rd liner, playing 3rd line minutes on a very good team.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

SDH89 wrote:Wow, not much else to say but what a great game.

It would be nice if SensTV streamed games more often that weren't on local TV.

It would be nice, but I'm surprised they were allowed to. A free game not on local tv is one more reason a Sens fan will have for buying NHL CI.

Did any of the people saying Kuba was good today actually watch the game. He made a great pass to Alfie for the redirected goal, but he was his usual self most of the game.

Kuba has two major flaws and they both come down to hockey instinct. First on the PP, Kuba is very slow to decide what to do with the puck, whether it's a shot or a pass, which is brutal against PKs that pressure the points. Second, in the defensive zone and against rushing forwards he is VERY slow to turn his hips when the opposing player makes his move which leads to him getting beat consistently. He lacks the anticipation that those players with true hockey instincts have.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I missed the game, I'm wondering how Foligno looked. I recall saying right after the last time he was scratched that he would be the kind of player that would need to scratched over and over again to wake him up.

He was actually pretty good today. I agree though, he needs to learn self motivation, he might be one of those guys who thinks he is giving 100% but really isn't. I believe his top end potential is borderline top 6 player, but much more effective as a 3rd liner, playing 3rd line minutes on a very good team.

Thanks. I think he's exactly the kind of player you move for The Wizard...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum