GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: How many points will the Sens' leading scorer get?

+7
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
LeCaptain
beerandsens
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

POLL: How many points will the Sens' leading scorer get?

POLL: How many points will the Sens' leading scorer get? - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%POLL: How many points will the Sens' leading scorer get? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: How many points will the Sens' leading scorer get? - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%POLL: How many points will the Sens' leading scorer get? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
POLL: How many points will the Sens' leading scorer get? - Page 3 Vote_lcap230%POLL: How many points will the Sens' leading scorer get? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 6 ]
POLL: How many points will the Sens' leading scorer get? - Page 3 Vote_lcap230%POLL: How many points will the Sens' leading scorer get? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 6 ]
POLL: How many points will the Sens' leading scorer get? - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%POLL: How many points will the Sens' leading scorer get? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
POLL: How many points will the Sens' leading scorer get? - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%POLL: How many points will the Sens' leading scorer get? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

garblar

Rookie
Rookie

Gohan wrote:
garblar wrote:i think a lot hinges on spezza. if he truly was hurt before and this injury has given him time to heal completely, then we may get a better performance from him. if spezza starts to play well our team will do well.
im gonna say 70

This is the NHL though...how long until he gets hurt again and becomes virtually useless, if not simply a detriment? If we assume he was healthy to begin the year and we accept that his play deteriorated exponentially at about the 12 game mark, then we can assume that he won't be in prime condition for the stretch run and therefore will not (again) be of any assistance in the playoffs.

That's a negative-realistic outlook to combat your optimistic outlook...simply acknowledging an (at minimum) equally possible future.

Assuming Alfie stays healthy, though, there's nothing to suggest he can't top 70 points. I'd say 65 is more realistic, but underestimating the Captain seems like the wrong play.

i wouldn't say i was being that optimistic, more of a hypothetical situation. I also agree, if anyone is getting to 70 its Alf, he needs to stay at a ppg pace for the rest of the season, not out of reach in any way.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

i dont think anyone will break 70 but i think we should have 3 or 4 guys 60 + and a couple other guys with 50-60 this is not a bad thing if you look at the points right now we have a nice spread of people with a decent number of points i love the way this team has some pretty balanced scoring

sens4win

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:I chose 58 points. I think that's what Alfie ends up with to lead the team. 58 points...what do you say to that? Remember when we had 2 guys with over 100 and one guy at 91?
crazy times,

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

now we have two very potent scoring lines and a decent third with a fourth line that chips in more often than expected this is a well spread scoring team right now. Fish has died off a bit maybe the rest will help him Michalek is always a threat he just hasnt been able to cash in on his chances

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

70's now not out of the question for someone, so good for them for changing Dung up and getting going.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:now we have two very potent scoring lines and a decent third with a fourth line that chips in more often than expected this is a well spread scoring team right now. Fish has died off a bit maybe the rest will help him Michalek is always a threat he just hasnt been able to cash in on his chances

Can't wait until Cullen settles in. He's looked tentative - which is to be expected - now hopefully he can mesh with the team for the stretch drive.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

kovalev is only 2 points behind alfie for leading are team in points and fisher only 5 points behind alfie.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Here's another interesting question:

With 19 games left, can Jason Spezza (currently 33 points) hit the 50 point mark?

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

top 5 look like this
Alfie 17 32 49
kovalev 17 30 47
Fisher 20 24 44
Cullen 12 28 40
Spezza 15 18 33

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:Here's another interesting question:

With 19 games left, can Jason Spezza (currently 33 points) hit the 50 point mark?
i think so, but its going to be very close

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

When he starts to get some assists, I think he can come close.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

its a new side of spezza, the goal scoring spezza

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

sens4win wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

its a new side of spezza, the goal scoring spezza

Not really, many of us think he can be a 40 goal scorer. He's just more of a center than he is a winger, ie. a passer more than a shooter.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He was a passer first because of Heatley, but now that Dany is gone, he can shoot more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum