GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poll: What Will the Sens do Before Their Next Game?

+7
SDH89
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Riprock
SensHulk
LethalLehner
dennycrane
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

What Will the Sens do Before Their Next Game?

Poll: What Will the Sens do Before Their Next Game? Vote_lcap28%Poll: What Will the Sens do Before Their Next Game? Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
Poll: What Will the Sens do Before Their Next Game? Vote_lcap28%Poll: What Will the Sens do Before Their Next Game? Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
Poll: What Will the Sens do Before Their Next Game? Vote_lcap20%Poll: What Will the Sens do Before Their Next Game? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Poll: What Will the Sens do Before Their Next Game? Vote_lcap20%Poll: What Will the Sens do Before Their Next Game? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Poll: What Will the Sens do Before Their Next Game? Vote_lcap268%Poll: What Will the Sens do Before Their Next Game? Vote_rcap2 68% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I have a feeling that the level of despair has hit an all-time low with this franchise. I suspect some change of significance between now and the game on Jan. 7th. I think Kuba gets sent down. That is assuming he clears waivers......

What say you?

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

In case anyone is interested, Murray's official title is Executive Vice-President, GM and Alternate Governor.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

We hit an all new low tonight against Toronto. I didn't think the team could look this bad. Though I hope changes are coming, i don't think we will see any before the off season.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I hope for something but I expect nothing except fruitless discussions for the next 6 days...ugh

Though I'm a firm believer in change coming from upstairs, and down. Murray needs to respectfully step aside and let a new era be ushered in. Problem is, a new gm right now would have to be interim, and would likely be Tim Murray

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'm worried though... because changes for the sake of making change is not good. First, it needs to be recognized that changes NEED to be made... and established what they plan on accomplishing with those changes.

I am one that feels that the solution is to hope for the #1 overall pick. I know some argue that it is not the ideal solution - but the Sens need a guy that can bring hope to the franchise. They need to fill the team with exciting young players.

Also, if the team can part with a lot of salary and ice an inexpensive team, Melnyk could potentially not lose as much
money.

And there's no way Murray can last another coaching change.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

A number one overall pick would probably have the fans still coming to the arena....a 9th overall pick won't. Nyi and nj got the last two solidified, but sens realistically can get 4th or 5th overall.

What's happening with leclaire? I don't think it would hurt for the sens to make a claim in on Nabokov...I know I know old guy, but if they sign him say to a 2 year deal, at least u get some decent goaltending, and assuming cap space is cleared enough by the time spezza comes back....I don't know maybe I'm just hoping for some drastic change

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Problem is.... that is a move for improvement... and that's not what the team should do... .they should sell, not buy

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:A number one overall pick would probably have the fans still coming to the arena....a 9th overall pick won't. Nyi and nj got the last two solidified, but sens realistically can get 4th or 5th overall.

What's happening with leclaire? I don't think it would hurt for the sens to make a claim in on Nabokov...I know I know old guy, but if they sign him say to a 2 year deal, at least u get some decent goaltending, and assuming cap space is cleared enough by the time spezza comes back....I don't know maybe I'm just hoping for some drastic change

I dunno, we have more games on hand then anyone below us in the overall standings and we look even more lost now that Spezza is out. I could see us finishing worse than our current position of 7th.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I made the obvious choice:

Melnyk Suggest We Fire Ourselves

I would have also considered "Melnyk suggest we blow ourselves up" if it were an option. We shall see.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Clouston will be shown the door tomorrow.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SDH89 wrote:Clouston will be shown the door tomorrow.

Then Murray is gone too.

OK. I see where you're coming from now. Looks like senschirp is pretty much saying that Clouston is as good as gone.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Then Murray is gone too.

OK. I see where you're coming from now. Looks like senschirp is pretty much saying that Clouston is as good as gone.

Murray should be joining him, but that's not going to happen.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SDH89 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Then Murray is gone too.

Murray should be joining him, but that's not going to happen.

I'm pretty surprised. Oh well. More laffs at my teams expense on the way, I guess. BagoverHead

I voted for nothing happening. At least I hope that's what happens. Staying the course will hopefully lead us to a top 5 pick.

Kovalev comes off the books next season, as does Leclaire and Phillips (should we decide to not keep him). There are some assets that could be moved at the deadline, like Kuba (hopefully he's playing better by then). Plus, Fisher's NTC becomes limited as of next year, so he will only control a portion of his fate.

Firing the coach doesn't help this situation. We don't have the talent to make any noise in the playoffs, if we even made it that far. Besides, I think this fiasco (SSF Wink ) is more on the players than it is on Clouston. Clouston isn't blameless here, but I feel this is more a case of the players just not caring/playing up to potential than it is coaching.

I say we ride out the season, and once it's over, bring in a new regime, from Murray right down to the coaching staff.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's what I think will happen. Clouston and Carvel are shown the door, with Murray taking over in an interim role. Perhaps another assistant coach or two (or three -- we have so freakin' many) resigns. At the end of the day, Murray is GM/coach and there are far fewer cooks in the kitchen. With any luck, more injuries offset the improvements in coaching and the team fights it out for the bottom 4-5 position with the Leafs, Sabres and Panthers. Murray stays on for the draft but there's no way he's allowed to hire another coach, so his days as GM are numbered.

I'm not sure if he remains with the team in a scouting capacity, or as a special adviser or something else. He is a hockey guy, so maybe he should move up to President -- personally I think it was a bit of a mistake to put Leeder in as President; he is an accountant and was fine as the COO, but do you really trust him to go our an hire a new GM?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum