GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Who is the next alternate captain of the Sens?

+13
Hockeyhero22000
spader
SensFan71
bluewhiteandgolf
Cronie
Mojo
Amnesia021
AlfieforPM
jamvan
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is the next alternative captain of the Sens?

POLL: Who is the next alternate captain of the Sens? Vote_lcap218%POLL: Who is the next alternate captain of the Sens? Vote_rcap2 18% [ 7 ]
POLL: Who is the next alternate captain of the Sens? Vote_lcap213%POLL: Who is the next alternate captain of the Sens? Vote_rcap2 13% [ 5 ]
POLL: Who is the next alternate captain of the Sens? Vote_lcap256%POLL: Who is the next alternate captain of the Sens? Vote_rcap2 56% [ 22 ]
POLL: Who is the next alternate captain of the Sens? Vote_lcap23%POLL: Who is the next alternate captain of the Sens? Vote_rcap2 3% [ 1 ]
POLL: Who is the next alternate captain of the Sens? Vote_lcap210%POLL: Who is the next alternate captain of the Sens? Vote_rcap2 10% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 39

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I personally thought this was a slam dunk, but...apparently it isn't the more people I talk to. So...go:

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Mike Fisher. How could it not be? He's one of the hardest working guys on the ice in the whole league. He's smart with the puck, a strong leader by example type player and never backs down from anyone. Heatley's time will come, as will Spezza's.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fisher without a doubt. It was down to him or Phillips when Chara left so for me it's a no brainer.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Fisher without a doubt. It was down to him or Phillips when Chara left so for me it's a no brainer.

If I could vote twice I'd vote #12 twice. No offense to Smith, but no way.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:I personally thought this was a slam dunk, but...apparently it isn't the more people I talk to. So...go:
It will be Dany Heatley, they guy who wears the A when another captain is injured. Fisher is the people's choice, but he's no leader in the dressing room, that I am assured. Heatley is the voice in the room.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:It will be Dany Heatley, they guy who wears the A when another captain is injured. Fisher is the people's choice, but he's no leader in the dressing room, that I am assured. Heatley is the voice in the room.

affraid Really!? This I did not know.

jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:I personally thought this was a slam dunk, but...apparently it isn't the more people I talk to. So...go:
It will be Dany Heatley, they guy who wears the A when another captain is injured. Fisher is the people's choice, but he's no leader in the dressing room, that I am assured. Heatley is the voice in the room.

A little unrelated but your avatar inspired me

The question is simple; who would you rather have talking to refs: A guy who has years of experience doing so or someone else...
This is a slam dunk and a no-brainer (not meant to offend) imo: Jason Smith is the next alternate captain of the Ottawa Senators.

And Fisher has been the first to get the "A" in the past...

AlfieforPM

AlfieforPM
Prospect
Prospect

Fisher always gots the A when Redden was out and when Redden and Alfie were both out it was Heatley and Fisher so logic dictates it will be Fisher especially given his long service with the team. But I think Fish is such a class act that he'll pass it to Smith. It would be better for Fisher to carry it IMO. People seem to forget what these letter actually mean: right to speak with the officals. Smith has so much respect league wide and experience with the officials he'll be able to speak with them whenever without issue. Therefore if Fish carries it we'll have at least 4 guys who can reason with the officials at any given time.

That could be true...I hadn't thought of it like that.

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

i put other because I think it might get rotated, to many guys who could/should have it.

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

jamvan wrote:

I'm pretty sure for the last 2 years, it was Fisher who was first in line for the A when one of the captains would go down. Heatley came after him. It just so happened that Fisher seems to get injured around the same time, like at then end of last year. But if Alfie would miss a game or two, he would get it. But then again, if Alfie and Fisher are on the same line, it seems a bit of a waster to have them both as captains.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:

Are you serious?!?! :face: That's NOT what I would have expected to hear... mmmmm... Well, that changes somethings a wee bit, now doesn't it?!

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Are you serious?!?! :face: That's NOT what I would have expected to hear... mmmmm... Well, that changes somethings a wee bit, now doesn't it?!
Fisher is like Alfie where he speaks through his play. Heatley is the guy (and this comes right from a guy who was in te room) that is vocal in the room and tries to pump the guys up. Heatley is way more of a leader than Fisher.

That being said, it might be a good idea to have someone from another line have an "A".

I still would put money on it that it's Heatley.

bluewhiteandgolf

bluewhiteandgolf
Prospect
Prospect

It's gotta be Fish, the others will get their chance. Maybe we make a deal with him to play wing on the top line if we give him an "A" Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum