GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Jan. 5th, 2010

+16
ddt
SensGirl11
Devo
Hoags
sennies1980
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
dennycrane
LeCaptain
wprager
Flo The Action
PKC
sens4win
Bramlet07
PTFlea
shabbs
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Leclaire's hurt seriously (IF he is, I doubt he is) do we try to acquire a real goalie to help us through this MOST important time?

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:I think I've come to the conclusion that I would rather play the Russian Olympic team than Tim Thomas. At least the loss would be entertaining.

You won't have to worry about it. Ryan Miller will be the number one goalie for the USA. Also, only the Senators check their brains at the door when they play the Bruins and Tim "the space holder" Thomas. Yes space holder because even the infamous neck tie could beat the Sens when they play the Bruins.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
asq2 wrote:I think I've come to the conclusion that I would rather play the Russian Olympic team than Tim Thomas. At least the loss would be entertaining.

You won't have to worry about it. Ryan Miller will be the number one goalie for the USA. Also, only the Senators check their brains at the door when they play the Bruins and Tim "the space holder" Thomas. Yes space holder because even the infamous neck tie could beat the Sens when they play the Bruins.

How many shots were directed at Thomas from within 15 feet?

5, including the goal + 3 of Michalek's 3 shots + 1 from Hands of Stone Kelly.

Ottawa beat themselves again.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

How many shots were directed at Thomas from within 15 feet?

5, including the goal + 3 of Michalek's 3 shots + 1 from Hands of Stone Kelly.

Ottawa beat themselves again.

Like I said - the neck tie could have won that game. It would have been less obnoxious than Tim Thomas too.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's frustrating because the winning formula is sooooo Diddling simple yet they can't execute it. How will they Diddle things up against Washington, I wonder?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:It's frustrating because the winning formula is sooooo Diddling simple yet they can't execute it. How will they Diddle things up against Washington, I wonder?

Neuvrith is no Thomas though.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:It's frustrating because the winning formula is sooooo Diddling simple yet they can't execute it. How will they Diddle things up against Washington, I wonder?

Leclaire will have a ridiculous game. He's due for one. Washington is still having some consistency issues over the last handful of games. I don't think slapping the C on AO will solve everything. Also Washington doesn't play the trap and they don't have Chara et al. The Sens also won't become mentally challenged when the face the Caps like they do vs. the Bruins. The only thing I can see really going against them is their road record is horrid so it could continue.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

It's got nothing to do with the opposing goalie. This team has to play to win, make an effort and apply some very basic and fundamental strategies to have success.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

It's got nothing to do with the opposing goalie. This team has to play to win, make an effort and apply some very basic and fundamental strategies to have success.

Exactly! Thomas and "HIS" 11 game win streak? Hilarity pure and simple. Thomas eats it up but if you put Thomas in Carolina or Edmonton and you'll see how much the defense bails this guy out.

To be perfectly honest I'd be a little pissed if I was a Bruins player with all the credit Thomas takes for the wins when he's nothing more than a place holder at times.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Clouston post-practice presser from today:

http://bit.ly/8cDGVN

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Rask is doing a pretty good job too, so they either have two great goalies or a great team altogether.

Same can be said with Columbus. Leclaire posted 9 shutouts in 07-08, Mason 10 in 08-09.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Exactly! Thomas and "HIS" 11 game win streak? Hilarity pure and simple. Thomas eats it up but if you put Thomas in Carolina or Edmonton and you'll see how much the defense bails this guy out.

To be perfectly honest I'd be a little pissed if I was a Bruins player with all the credit Thomas takes for the wins when he's nothing more than a place holder at times.

His Vezina trophy would say you're wrong.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Rask is doing a pretty good job too, so they either have two great goalies or a great team altogether.

Same can be said with Columbus. Leclaire posted 9 shutouts in 07-08, Mason 10 in 08-09.

From watching the games the Sens have played against Thomas there haven't been too many games where I could say Thomas was the reason the Sens lost.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Dash wrote:Rask is doing a pretty good job too, so they either have two great goalies or a great team altogether.

From watching the games the Sens have played against Thomas there haven't been too many games where I could say Thomas was the reason the Sens lost.

The Sens are the reason the Sens lost.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I always thought it was because of the ref's?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I always thought it was because of the ref's?

Them too. Cool

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No. The refs just make sure we don't win. Calling penalties when they see we're gaining momentum, calling close off-sides on odd-man rushes...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

No. The refs just make sure we don't win. Calling penalties when they see we're gaining momentum, calling close off-sides on odd-man rushes...

Never. Remember we had a game this season where we didn't take a penalty so you're way off base on that. Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum