GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Jan. 5th, 2010

+16
ddt
SensGirl11
Devo
Hoags
sennies1980
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
dennycrane
LeCaptain
wprager
Flo The Action
PKC
sens4win
Bramlet07
PTFlea
shabbs
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

shabbs wrote:
Gohan wrote:Is anyone able to explain how the Diddle Eli Wilson still has a job? Every goalie that comes here gets progressively worse. I want him fired before Lehner arrives.
This is a good question... I don't know a lot about him, but wondered how he survived the Emery fiasco.

Wasn't he brought with/because of Emery?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Gohan wrote:Is anyone able to explain how the Diddle Eli Wilson still has a job? Every goalie that comes here gets progressively worse. I want him fired before Lehner arrives.
This is a good question... I don't know a lot about him, but wondered how he survived the Emery fiasco.

Wasn't he brought with/because of Emery?
Yeah, I believe so.

Dash wrote:Michalek got into a fight too.

Well, that means he's got one fight and one goal in his last 18 games.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Why the **** is Karlsson not on our first powerplay unit!?

Because, lately, he can't hit the net. Truth hurts, but there it is.

rooneypoo wrote:

This can't be good for him though. He's got to be able to work through his mistakes/slumps. Being benched or "demoted" during games is basically telling him he's not allowed to make mistakes. I understand he's got to be accountable, but he's a rookie and is going to through stretches like this.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gord Wilson has a full set of teeth today because of his 3 star selections. Just kidding. I was thinking to myself that if they had chosen Thomas for any of the stars in that game I was going to go punch Gordie right in the mouth. Dammit!

Seriously though that 11 straight for Thomas crap is 11 straight for Boston, their system, their coach and their defensive play. Of those 11 there weren't a lot of games where Ottawa should have come out with the win due to a better work ethic, more high quality scoring chances and better all around game.

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

This can't be good for him though. He's got to be able to work through his mistakes/slumps. Being benched or "demoted" during games is basically telling him he's not allowed to make mistakes. I understand he's got to be accountable, but he's a rookie and is going to through stretches like this.

personaly i liked what i saw from karlsson last night. he wasn't perfect but you could see the effort and he doesn't look so nervous anymore out there. he's quick with the puck and his reflexes are improving. come to think of it he wass the best thing i noticed o the ice last night.

eli has been with the sens organisation for a long time. they think he's good, come to think of it, a lot of goaltender think he's good cuz he has a goaltending camp everysummmer in calgary that alot of NHL goalies attend. maybe they should bring in an "assistant" to help him out. leclaire was solid when he got put in last night.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Thanks for reminding me Flo. Leclaire coming in cold and not allowing another goal was a nice bright spot. It was a bit of a bounce back after being yanked in the previous game.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kovalev and Leclaire not skating at practice today...

Practice lines:

Shannon-Fisher-Neil
Michalek-Regin-Foligno
Ruutu-Kelly-Cheechoo
Campoli-Winchester-Donovan

Source: http://twitter.com/NHL_Sens

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Kovalev and Leclaire not skating at practice today...

Practice lines:

Shannon-Fisher-Neil
Michalek-Regin-Foligno
Ruutu-Kelly-Cheechoo

Shouldn't this go in the Washington GDT? Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Practice lines:

Shannon-Fisher-Neil
Michalek-Regin-Foligno
Ruutu-Kelly-Cheechoo

Nope.

Sarcasm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Practice lines:

Shannon-Fisher-Neil
Michalek-Regin-Foligno
Ruutu-Kelly-Cheechoo

Nope.

Sarcasm

Source?

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Practice lines:

Shannon-Fisher-Neil
Michalek-Regin-Foligno
Ruutu-Kelly-Cheechoo

Shouldn't this go in the Washington GDT? GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Jan. 5th, 2010 - Page 9 159628
Nope.

GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Jan. 5th, 2010 - Page 9 159628

Source?

GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Jan. 5th, 2010 - Page 9 Kreskin

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I think I've come to the conclusion that I would rather play the Russian Olympic team than Tim Thomas. At least the loss would be entertaining.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Practice lines:

Shannon-Fisher-Neil
Michalek-Regin-Foligno
Ruutu-Kelly-Cheechoo

Shouldn't this go in the Washington GDT? GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Jan. 5th, 2010 - Page 9 159628
Nope.

GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Jan. 5th, 2010 - Page 9 159628

Source?

GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Jan. 5th, 2010 - Page 9 Kreskin
Exactly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Leclaire's hurt seriously (IF he is, I doubt he is) do we try to acquire a real goalie to help us through this MOST important time?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:I think I've come to the conclusion that I would rather play the Russian Olympic team than Tim Thomas. At least the loss would be entertaining.

You won't have to worry about it. Ryan Miller will be the number one goalie for the USA. Also, only the Senators check their brains at the door when they play the Bruins and Tim "the space holder" Thomas. Yes space holder because even the infamous neck tie could beat the Sens when they play the Bruins.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
asq2 wrote:I think I've come to the conclusion that I would rather play the Russian Olympic team than Tim Thomas. At least the loss would be entertaining.

You won't have to worry about it. Ryan Miller will be the number one goalie for the USA. Also, only the Senators check their brains at the door when they play the Bruins and Tim "the space holder" Thomas. Yes space holder because even the infamous neck tie could beat the Sens when they play the Bruins.

How many shots were directed at Thomas from within 15 feet?

5, including the goal + 3 of Michalek's 3 shots + 1 from Hands of Stone Kelly.

Ottawa beat themselves again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum