GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Phoenix Coyotes - 10:00pm ET - Sat. Dec. 5th, 2009 PLUS postgame thoughts

+12
Hayden
Riprock
dennycrane
PTFlea
Sens19
SensHulk
LeCaptain
PKC
Tuk Tuk
wprager
asq2
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Holy crap we lost. WTF?

Sens19

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Holy crap we lost. WTF?

It was embarrassing and painful. I honestly don't see our roster looking the same way for much longer

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

Well it's taken this long but after tonight I'm jumping on Nelly's trade Spezza bandwagon, tonight his lazyness seemed contagious...... GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Phoenix Coyotes - 10:00pm ET - Sat. Dec. 5th, 2009 PLUS postgame thoughts - Page 7 489887

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If we get blown out tomorrow... something's gotta give...

M_Christopher wrote:Well it's taken this long but after tonight I'm jumping on Nelly's trade Spezza bandwagon, tonight his lazyness seemed contagious...... GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Phoenix Coyotes - 10:00pm ET - Sat. Dec. 5th, 2009 PLUS postgame thoughts - Page 7 489887

I fail to see how people have ignored this up until this point. Building a team around the guy is maybe the worst thing you could possibly do.

Obviously it's contagious, if a guy is getting 1st PP time, 1st line time, playing with the two best wingers on the team, and is doing jack and still get the time, who would give a Dung.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

M_Christopher wrote:Well it's taken this long but after tonight I'm jumping on Nelly's trade Spezza bandwagon, tonight his lazyness seemed contagious...... GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Phoenix Coyotes - 10:00pm ET - Sat. Dec. 5th, 2009 PLUS postgame thoughts - Page 7 489887

I agree, as painful as it is Im just too frustrated to defend him anymore

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Phoenix Coyotes - 10:00pm ET - Sat. Dec. 5th, 2009 PLUS postgame thoughts - Page 7 Bomb

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

On the plus side we should be well-rested for tonight's game.

asq2 wrote:On the plus side we should be well-rested for tonight's game.

Ugh, it's going to be a disater.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Sens19 wrote:

I agree, as painful as it is Im just too frustrated to defend him anymore

Exactly...there just nothing left to say about him....atleast with kovalev, he shows flashes of giving a Dung...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens @ Anaheim GDT is up.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I just want to know this then. Why did Clouston "demote" Heatley but has not yet done so with Spezza?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:I just want to know this then. Why did Clouston "demote" Heatley but has not yet done so with Spezza?
I agree... accountability needs to be applied across the board. Maybe tonight's line-up will reflect this.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Maybe he thinks Spezza is playing well? Maybe he is impressed with what he has done to his game? There's obviously a reason to this logic. Until Spezza's treated the way Heatley was, that being, a demotion to the 2nd unit PP and seeing ice time reduced, then they are completely different situations and Spezza's not going anywhere.

Dash wrote:Maybe he thinks Spezza is playing well? Maybe he is impressed with what he has done to his game? There's obviously a reason to this logic. Until Spezza's treated the way Heatley was, that being, a demotion to the 2nd unit PP and seeing ice time reduced, then they are completely different situations and Spezza's not going anywhere.

It will be interesting to see how Spezza handles such a circumstance. The difference between Spezza now and when Heatley was demoted is that Heatley was alot later in the year, when the playoffs were all but a dream. I don't know if that drastic a move will happen until we are further out of contention. Perhaps a benching or a demotion for a game or two, but beyond that, if we appear to be in contention I doubt anything that drastic happens. Of course, I could totally be wrong here. GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Phoenix Coyotes - 10:00pm ET - Sat. Dec. 5th, 2009 PLUS postgame thoughts - Page 7 270956

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:I just want to know this then. Why did Clouston "demote" Heatley but has not yet done so with Spezza?

He never demoted him. It was all in Dany's head. As for Spezza, he was demoted to the 2nd line. He'd officially been playing 2nd line for a while, so you can also see this as a promotion of Alfie and Michalek to the top line.

Either way, it seems to have worked.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum