GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa

+5
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
ddt
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
caissie_1 wrote:Senschirp is reporting that he will take Mike Fisher's spot in the lineup.... What wrong with Fish? Tough luck for us tonigth!

Odd. Mike Fisher isn't injury-prone... Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa - Page 3 105237

You're right. That's why it's likely to be that 2 for 1 trade thing I keep hearing about.

There seems to be a lot of buzz about that. Must be a doozy! Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa - Page 3 235689 Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa - Page 3 805406

It sounds like it. Only problem is I haven't seen any tweets on it by Dreger. Weird! Eyebrow

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

It sounds like it. Only problem is I haven't seen any tweets on it by Dreger. Weird! Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa - Page 3 484884

Dreger only "reports" what we already know. Smile

I thought this guy was going to challenge for a spot out of camp originally but obviously with the trades and signings, crap happens. Not suprised in the least to see him up in Ottawa and hope he gets a real shot to play. He's a very nice player from things Ive heard about him and what ive seen (not a whole lot).

I still think he ends up in The NHL at the end of the day. Hopefully next year they have their top 7 or 8 guys and really fill out the bottom 3 or 4 with hungry guys. I think Keller can be there.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not so concerned about having Keller in the lineup as I am concerned about who won't be in because of it.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:I thought this guy was going to challenge for a spot out of camp originally but obviously with the trades and signings, crap happens. Not suprised in the least to see him up in Ottawa and hope he gets a real shot to play. He's a very nice player from things Ive heard about him and what ive seen (not a whole lot).

I still think he ends up in The NHL at the end of the day. Hopefully next year they have their top 7 or 8 guys and really fill out the bottom 3 or 4 with hungry guys. I think Keller can be there.

And St.Pierre too.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm not so concerned about having Keller in the lineup as I am concerned about who won't be in because of it.

And where that/those players will land... And who comes back to the Senators in return... Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa - Page 3 484884

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm not so concerned about having Keller in the lineup as I am concerned about who won't be in because of it.

And where that/those players will land... And who comes back to the Senators in return... Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa - Page 3 484884

Hence the 2 for 1.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Hence the 2 for 1.

Hmmm. Yes. Or 1 for 2 if you're the other team. Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa - Page 3 484884

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Should it surprise you that Kovalev isn't back...A trip to Moscow takes about 20 hours to get there, and about 17 to get back. Forget Jet lag which will kick the crap out of you. Forget the fact that it's about 8 hours by car to Tol'yatti. He'd likey take a small commercial flight or fly himself, but the end result is it's about a 23 Hour trip.

I'm guessing there are some family affairs that needed to be delt with and I don't think it's proper that he arrives in time for the funeral and then leaves right away leaving his wife to deal with the loss of her mother all by herself.

I'm guessing he'll meet up with them in Boston if he doesn't play here tomorrow. I'll take a shot at it and say he flies into Boston late on thursday and waits for the team there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is Fish OK? We're missing our top #1 goalie, top defenseman, top center, best puck handler and top 4th liner. Oh, and against St-Martin gunning for 103. If ever there was a game they should lose it's tonight.

Naturally, they'll extend their winning streak to 5.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Is Fish OK? We're missing our top #1 goalie, top defenseman, top center, best puck handler and top 4th liner. Oh, and against St-Martin gunning for 103. If ever there was a game they should lose it's tonight.

He's been gunning for 103 for a month now. lol That's like when Lloyd Sweaterman, in game 7 vs. Carolina proclaimed before th game "Brodeur, Game 7, nuff said". Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa - Page 3 62136

wprager wrote:Is Fish OK? We're missing our top #1 goalie, top defenseman, top center, best puck handler and top 4th liner. Oh, and against St-Martin gunning for 103. If ever there was a game they should lose it's tonight.

Naw, that was against Tampa Bay earlier this year where they lost 5-1. That was the game where myself and a lot of other people were like "well, we saw that coming".

There is never an unwinnable game against NJ, it will always be close and usually the harder working of the two teams wins. Ottawa can win this game and if they work hard, play a simple road game, and do whats needed to get out of there with a point or two, then no one should complain.

Guys like Winchester, Shannon, Regin, Foligno, and now Keller are all fighting to stay in the lineup and show there worth, there should be more then enough energy and effort tonight to possibly squeeze out a win.

A solid effort against NJ and good goaltending usually results in a point or a win.

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Just a note, it's confirmed that Fisher will not play...Upper Body Injury.

Devo wrote:Should it surprise you that Kovalev isn't back...A trip to Moscow takes about 20 hours to get there, and about 17 to get back. Forget Jet lag which will kick the crap out of you. Forget the fact that it's about 8 hours by car to Tol'yatti. He'd likey take a small commercial flight or fly himself, but the end result is it's about a 23 Hour trip.

I'm guessing there are some family affairs that needed to be delt with and I don't think it's proper that he arrives in time for the funeral and then leaves right away leaving his wife to deal with the loss of her mother all by herself.

I'm guessing he'll meet up with them in Boston if he doesn't play here tomorrow. I'll take a shot at it and say he flies into Boston late on thursday and waits for the team there.

I'm guessing he's back for the West Coast road swing---It makes sense, if he crosses the Pacific and meets the team in LA.

whoops, scratch that...just saw the tweet that he's flying back to Ottawa tonight...might play tomorrow.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, Kovy should be back tomorrow, Volchie by Saturday and Fisher is hopefully only out 1 or 2 games.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Yeah, Kovy should be back tomorrow, Volchie by Saturday and Fisher is hopefully only out 1 or 2 games.

That would be huge if Fish was back by Saturday. That means we'd only be without Dono and likely Neiler. Any update on Neil? Also, what's this I heard about Carkner getting hurt?

- Unknown Author

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

It looked like Carkner broke his wrist. There is nothing in the news about him today though, so I'm not sure what's happening.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum