GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators re-sign Ryan Keller

+2
Riprock
PTFlea
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Empty Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Wed May 19, 2010 12:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=529610

According to the Sens Website, the Sens have re-signed Keller to a one year, 2 way contract.

Excellent work! Bingo will be much better for it. :KKK:

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Wed May 19, 2010 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Empty Re: Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Wed May 19, 2010 12:59 pm

This is big for Bingo and that teams offense. Hopefully they can re-sign St.Pierre as well because that would set The Baby Sens up with a top 5 offense, a much improved D, and hopefully a goaltender in Lehner who can carry that team if need be.

Bingo will be very good next year with one more signing.

3Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Empty Re: Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Wed May 19, 2010 1:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:This is big for Bingo and that teams offense. Hopefully they can re-sign St.Pierre as well because that would set The Baby Sens up with a top 5 offense, a much improved D, and hopefully a goaltender in Lehner who can carry that team if need be.

Bingo will be very good next year with one more signing.

Yeah, right now even if St.Pierre doesn't come back (I want him to though), the B-Sens are immediately looking a lot better with Lehner, Wiercioch and probably Greening, Gyrba, Butler etc. all down there.

4Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Empty Re: Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Wed May 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Yup, you have to learn to win in The AHL before you can in The NHL. Bingo winning is just as important to The Sens as it is to the players and fans in Bingo.

5Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Empty Re: Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Wed May 19, 2010 1:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Yup, you have to learn to win in The AHL before you can in The NHL. Bingo winning is just as important to The Sens as it is to the players and fans in Bingo.

It's massive.

6Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Empty Re: Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Wed May 19, 2010 1:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's no surprise our forward depth is depleted and we don't have any stud D-men ready now. Bingo has missed the playoffs 5 straight years and Muckler didn't do enough. Now, they'll finally be competitive (I would think) and we can hope that that doesn't change for a long time.

7Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Empty Re: Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Wed May 19, 2010 1:14 pm

Yup, they should get into the playoffs next year for sure, if they dont somethign went seriously wrong.

The AHL is a tough league but the two biggest holes were filled, goaltending and defense.

I think Bingo fans are happy Lee got that one way deal because he wont be back, haha. (wish I was kidding)

8Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Empty Re: Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Wed May 19, 2010 1:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Yup, they should get into the playoffs next year for sure, if they dont somethign went seriously wrong.

The AHL is a tough league but the two biggest holes were filled, goaltending and defense.

I think Bingo fans are happy Lee got that one way deal because he wont be back, haha. (wish I was kidding)

They're happy as can be. They're literally laughing at the Sens for signing him to a one-way.

9Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Empty Re: Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Wed May 19, 2010 1:28 pm

N4L wrote:Yup, they should get into the playoffs next year for sure, if they dont somethign went seriously wrong.

Trade-bait Senators re-sign Ryan Keller 422187

10Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Empty Re: Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Wed May 19, 2010 1:31 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Lee can still go to Bingo though. He's not waiver exempt yet I don't believe.

11Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Empty Re: Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Wed May 19, 2010 1:48 pm

I hope Lee gets dealt just so that kind of piss poor, woe is me, attitude is gone from the organization.

Gryba, Weircoich, Cowen, Wideman, and Karlsson are all younger and better players already or will play that 5, 6 man D role way better then Lee could.

12Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Empty Re: Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Wed May 19, 2010 1:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's hard to say, Wideman is still playing NCAA hockey and hasn't set foot in the NHL yet, but he certainly might be better by this time next year.

13Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Empty Re: Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Wed May 19, 2010 2:02 pm

I really like Wideman. I think he is very much a Dan Boyle type pick. Small, RH D man who is going to have a ton of time to mature. Great shot, good passer, a little small but like I said, he has a ton of time. That's the type of guy that will come in and fill that number 5, 6 role one day. Very high on him and think he will be an asset one day soon for The Sens organization.

I think that was such a solid pick my Murray last year.

14Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Empty Re: Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Wed May 19, 2010 2:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yeah, it's a smart pick. Set yourself up at every position so you can internally replace guys that leave for greener pastures. That's the name of the game, too bad Muckler didn't read the rules.

15Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Empty Re: Senators re-sign Ryan Keller Wed May 19, 2010 2:25 pm

Yup, that's what Wideman will indeed be with Ottawa one day.

That's why drafting guys for need in the later rounds is so important, early rounds you take BPA's, drafting for need is stupid at that point. If you need an Van to take the kids to soccer, are you going to turn down a Ferarri if you can get one at the same price? Doubtful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum