GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa

+5
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
ddt
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Seriously though, who comes out ? I'm sure they didn't call him up to protect Brodeur on the bench from stray pucks.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

I'm actually surprised that Kovalev isn't back yet...

As long as this trade if there is one, doesn't involve Barker or anyone else that's Dung, I'm all for it.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

I don't understand this at all...something's gotta be up for sure.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps Kovalev will be in Russia far longer than people expected?

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Perhaps Kovalev will be in Russia far longer than people expected?

So? It still doesn't explain this sudden callup. There must be a perfectly good explanation. Like a 2 for 1 trade, for example.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Senschirp is reporting that he will take Mike Fisher's spot in the lineup.... What wrong with Fish? Tough luck for us tonigth!

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

caissie_1 wrote:Senschirp is reporting that he will take Mike Fisher's spot in the lineup.... What wrong with Fish? Tough luck for us tonigth!

Ah crap!! I thought he looked kind of banged up last game, he didn't seem quite himself. Then he went into the boards feet first and looked like he tweaked his ankle. BOO! I hope he'll be okay.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

caissie_1 wrote:Senschirp is reporting that he will take Mike Fisher's spot in the lineup.... What wrong with Fish? Tough luck for us tonigth!

Oh...Dung.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Odd. Mike Fisher isn't injury-prone... Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa - Page 2 105237

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=35113aac4c7a458894ac4bec54d9f136&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=35113aac4c7a458894ac4bec54d9f136&plckPostId=Blog%3a35113aac4c7a458894ac4bec54d9f136Post%3a218287fe-c7ee-4c02-997f-8d3def32aa99&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

Congratulations to Ryan Keller - ranked 5th in AHL scoring - for this call-up to the Ottawa Senators. He'll be joining the team tonight and will (possibly) suit up vs New Jersey.

Very happy for him! :KKK:

Is someone else injured?

Looks like we may have the answer to that question.

- Unknown Author

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

From what I'm told it's not a for sure thing that Fisher won't play tonight, but with Kovalev still not back and Chum out of the lineup they wanted another forward on hand should one of the guys not be able to play.

Everyone is saying Fisher because he and Alfie are the only ones who were not on the ice, (edit Fisher started practice but left early for "maintenance"), Alfie has been getting his regular game day break.

I don't know that it's for sure that Fisher won't play. Keller is a RW so I don't know that it makes sense to bring him up for Fisher, unless they expect Regin to fill in as C on the 2nd line.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:From what I'm told it's not a for sure thing that Fisher won't play tonight, but with Kovalev still not back and Chum out of the lineup they wanted another forward on hand should one of the guys not be able to play.

Everyone is saying Fisher because he and Alfie are the only ones who were not on the ice, (edit Fisher started practice but left early for "maintenance"), Alfie has been getting his regular game day break.

I don't know that it's for sure that Fisher won't play. Keller is a RW so I don't know that it makes sense to bring him up for Fisher, unless they expect Regin to fill in as C on the 2nd line.

Probably Regin getting in there, yeah. We can cross our fingers that Fisher plays, but I doubt they go to all this trouble if Fisher's a game-time, would they? I'm interested to see Keller, but I was hoping it was because CC was benching Cheechoo. Oh well...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Devo wrote:From what I'm told it's not a for sure thing that Fisher won't play tonight, but with Kovalev still not back and Chum out of the lineup they wanted another forward on hand should one of the guys not be able to play.

Just a precaution then. Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa - Page 2 258437

I like the 2 for 1 deal speculation better. Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa - Page 2 593227

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Odd. Mike Fisher isn't injury-prone... Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa - Page 2 105237

You're right. That's why it's likely to be that 2 for 1 trade thing I keep hearing about.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

You're right. That's why it's likely to be that 2 for 1 trade thing I keep hearing about.

There seems to be a lot of buzz about that. Must be a doozy! Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa - Page 2 235689 Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa - Page 2 805406

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

There seems to be a lot of buzz about that. Must be a doozy! Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa - Page 2 235689 Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa - Page 2 805406

It sounds like it. Only problem is I haven't seen any tweets on it by Dreger. Weird! Eyebrow

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

It sounds like it. Only problem is I haven't seen any tweets on it by Dreger. Weird! Ryan Keller gets his chance!!! Called up to Ottawa - Page 2 484884

Dreger only "reports" what we already know. Smile

I thought this guy was going to challenge for a spot out of camp originally but obviously with the trades and signings, crap happens. Not suprised in the least to see him up in Ottawa and hope he gets a real shot to play. He's a very nice player from things Ive heard about him and what ive seen (not a whole lot).

I still think he ends up in The NHL at the end of the day. Hopefully next year they have their top 7 or 8 guys and really fill out the bottom 3 or 4 with hungry guys. I think Keller can be there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum