GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TSN reporting Fleury released by the Flames

+5
wprager
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That sucks. What did they want him to do? Score a hat trick every game?

He's probably a victim of numbers. Calgary is pretty deep with the likes of Nystrom, Glencross, Boyd, Moss, etc etc.

He played quite well by all accounts. I'm wondering if a team with alot of youth might give him an opportunity. The Isles perhaps? He's already familiar with NY from his Ranger days.

I hate when someone does everything you ask of them and you still show 'em the door. Why did they entertain this in the first place? If they weren't serious they shouldn't have done it at all. Pretty crap in my opinion. Looks very bad on the Flames.

MurderOnIce wrote:I hate when someone does everything you ask of them and you still show 'em the door. Why did they entertain this in the first place? If they weren't serious they shouldn't have done it at all. Pretty crap in my opinion. Looks very bad on the Flames.

His chances were long at the very best. I see what you are saying and agree, but I think in this instance, Fleury still got an opportunity to show that he could hang in the NHL. It could open a door elsewhere. I doubt any team would have given him this opportunity except the Flames, based on his abuse history.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:I hate when someone does everything you ask of them and you still show 'em the door. Why did they entertain this in the first place? If they weren't serious they shouldn't have done it at all. Pretty crap in my opinion. Looks very bad on the Flames.

He's 41, there's legimatate concerns if he can survive a full season.

They gave him a tryout with no promises, but expectations that he's top 6.

I guess he fell short.

Maybe he will end up elsewhere.

All I am saying is that if this wasnn't a legitmate shot what was the motivation? If I was a Flames fan, I would be pissed on a lot of levels.

I would rather see my prospects get those shifts and I would rather not have a fan favourite paraded around, become a feel-good story and get cut like 'we're sorry we didn't think you were serious'. Still crap. There is no reason to do this.

Last edited by MurderOnIce on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I am very disappointed with the Flames on this one. He played well, he obviously really wanted to play for the Flames, and the fans were behind him all the way. He would definitely help put (more) fans in the seats. He easily could have played 11 minutes a game if that's all he could do, or was needed to do, and he would have played those 11 minutes at a high level.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum