GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL 10 demo released

+5
smash88
M_Christopher
beedub
caissie_1
Riprock
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1NHL 10 demo released Empty NHL 10 demo released Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:49 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The demo for NHL (20)10 is now available on Xbox Live Marketplace. I am downloading now...

2NHL 10 demo released Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:The demo for NHL (20)10 is now available on Xbox Live Marketplace. I am downloading now...

Thank you I am doing the same.

3NHL 10 demo released Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:43 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

You guys have to let me know how it is! I cannot wait to pick up my copy on September 15

4NHL 10 demo released Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:57 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

It's really good.... the fighting is actually fun for once... Good hitting, no more cheat shot... Just overall a way better game.

5NHL 10 demo released Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:06 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Were you able to have a peak at the Dynasty mode?

6NHL 10 demo released Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:11 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It's pretty similar to last year, except the board play (which is really good) and the 1st person fighting.

I find they call too many tripping penalties still.

Game starts off with you creating your player (name, position, handedness) then going through drills. Then to the main menu where you choose either Battle For the Cup (play the 3rd period of game 7 between DET and PIT - I played as PIT, who were given a 2-0 led. You have the choice of sitting or playing an injured Crosby) or Be a Pro.

Be a Pro starts with you choosing your playstyle (Playmaker, Sniper, Dangler, Grinder, Powerforward, or Tough guy). Then you play the prospects game (World Prospects vs. North American Juniors). Prior to the game you are given your projected draft position. Depending on how well you do in the game, you can move up to 3rd overall. I got an assist, and stayed at 15th, getting drafted by Anaheim. Then it is over.

7NHL 10 demo released Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:58 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Wow, simply wow.

Awesome demo.

Oh and it took 3 trys but I was the #1 draft pick after scoring 2 goals and winning a fight.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

8NHL 10 demo released Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:25 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Wow, downloaded yesterday, this game is going to be awesome...

I really can't wait for the 15th!

9NHL 10 demo released Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:18 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

That demo is phenomenal. I played it for about 45 minutes and it was easy to notice all the little things that have shown up in the game...passes don't always connect, stick deflections, clogging passing lanes, pass interceptions, better puck physics, being able to establish a REAL cycle (oh my God, I've been complaining about this since 07), goalies no longer look mechanical and lost they interact with the puck and the game.

10NHL 10 demo released Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:40 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Will they also have it for the PS3? With the drop in price I'm seriously thinking of getting the slim PS3 (was thinking of getting a Blu Ray, but then I'd want the Samsung with the build in wireless, and that's $475). Plus my kid is now sick and tired of his NHL2K9 on the Wii and I'm sure there would be fantastic looking games for others as well (I'd imagine the latest HP will have much nicer graphics than the latest one we have now -- a GameCube one).

11NHL 10 demo released Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The game will be released for both 360 and PS3 on Sept. 15... the demo is also likely out for Sony now. Microsoft has an earlier (Tuesday) release for DLC (downloadable content) than Sony (Thursday's usually).

I realize your intentions of getting a PS3, and I also have one, but as far as game play goes, I give the edge to Xbox. I played both 09's for 360 and PS3 and PS3's wasn't as good visually.

Also, PS3 tends to skimp on features when they release other models, so make sure the slim has all the USB ports and all that.

12NHL 10 demo released Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:05 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

What I really hope has changed is especially when you are on the power play, if your passing from D to D and you want to wind up a slapper one timer, will the player connect with the puck? in 09 I'd find the player would more often than not either fan on it completely, or just catch a tiny bit of it and kinda dribbles off right onto the opposing team's stick. The one timer with the wrist shot button is just ont powerful enough

13NHL 10 demo released Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:16 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I just watched the intro clip at EA sports .com. Fantasy draft is back. I friggin love that on versions in the past

14NHL 10 demo released Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:50 pm

This is a must purchase...

15NHL 10 demo released Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:The game will be released for both 360 and PS3 on Sept. 15... the demo is also likely out for Sony now. Microsoft has an earlier (Tuesday) release for DLC (downloadable content) than Sony (Thursday's usually).

I realize your intentions of getting a PS3, and I also have one, but as far as game play goes, I give the edge to Xbox. I played both 09's for 360 and PS3 and PS3's wasn't as good visually.

Also, PS3 tends to skimp on features when they release other models, so make sure the slim has all the USB ports and all that.

My first question was "If the slim has a larger hard drive (120 GB vs. 80) then why does it cost the same?" There must be something different, and it's not just reduced component costs.

Of course they may be trying to sell off the remaining 80 GB models until the slims come out, and then the 80 GB will drop even further.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum