GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TSN reporting Fleury released by the Flames

+5
wprager
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TSN reporting...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=292512

The dream is over.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

a little surprising he has impressed so far would not be surprised if another team would pick him up real cheap

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wing Dang Doodle.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wow, feel bad for the guy for this one, plays his heart out, but still a cut. mind you, would he be able to last the whole season, then a post season?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm *so* glad I didn't buy into the hype and grab him in the pool. That 11 minutes of ice time spooked me. Lots of 2nd liners available (even some 1st liners) and he looked like he'd be playing 3rd line minutes. One thing to go on adrenaline in 2-3 pre-season games, but and 82 game schedule is very different.

Too bad, though. Although I was more than skeptical from the start I was stil kinda hoping to see some more of him.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Very odd decision. I thought he was one of their better players in the pre-season. Didn't he have 2 game winning goals?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I think his hands were there, but maybe they didn't think he had the durability to last all season.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Good point prager. I'm sure he probably would've started to slow donw as the season went along and they didn't want to risk paying him and having him not play. Not that he would have been asking for more than league minimum though...yeah, it's still a weird decision.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Kind of sad, I didn't think he could last a season at his age but his comeback was one of the more inspiring things coming out of the NHL lately.

I really wanted Theo to have one last season and retire on a good note, was pretty amazing how well he did.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:I think his hands were there, but maybe they didn't think he had the durability to last all season.

I hope they finish dead last because of this! Theo Fleury IS the Flames!!!! TSN reporting Fleury released by the Flames 68747

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Who knows though, someone else might pick him up.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Who knows though, someone else might pick him up.

maybe the Oilers will swoop in and pick him up, wow, that would heat up the Battle of Alberta.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That sucks. What did they want him to do? Score a hat trick every game?

He's probably a victim of numbers. Calgary is pretty deep with the likes of Nystrom, Glencross, Boyd, Moss, etc etc.

He played quite well by all accounts. I'm wondering if a team with alot of youth might give him an opportunity. The Isles perhaps? He's already familiar with NY from his Ranger days.

I hate when someone does everything you ask of them and you still show 'em the door. Why did they entertain this in the first place? If they weren't serious they shouldn't have done it at all. Pretty crap in my opinion. Looks very bad on the Flames.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum