GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Theo Fleury Reinstated

+2
BigRig
Sens19
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Theo Fleury Reinstated Empty Theo Fleury Reinstated Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:41 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

following a meeting with NHL commissioner Gary
Bettman and deputy commissioner Bill Daly on Thursday in Phoenix,
sources tell TSN Theoren Fleury will be reinstated and free to resume his playing career in the NHL.
Fleury recently met with the NHL and NHLPA's substance abuse
programs doctors, who then forwarded their recommendations to the
league.
The 41-year-old says he has been sober for four years and has been training for months in his quest to return to the NHL.
He was suspended indefinitely in 2003 while with the Chicago Blackhawks.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=290651

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

2Theo Fleury Reinstated Empty Re: Theo Fleury Reinstated Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:44 pm

One hurdle cleared. He's still got a long ways to go though. Good luck to him.

3Theo Fleury Reinstated Empty Re: Theo Fleury Reinstated Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:47 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

hemlock wrote:One hurdle cleared. He's still got a long ways to go though. Good luck to him.

Let's get him!

we can put him next to Karlsson for all the promo pics so Erik can look huge!

Theo Fleury Reinstated 503175

4Theo Fleury Reinstated Empty Re: Theo Fleury Reinstated Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:49 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

A report this morning from Calgary indicates Theo may sign with the Flames organization, presumedly to have him start playing with their AHL affiliate.

http://www.calgarysun.com/sports/columnists/eric_francis/2009/09/11/10835541-sun.html

5Theo Fleury Reinstated Empty Re: Theo Fleury Reinstated Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:59 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Did Gary and Theo toast the re-instatement over snifters of brandy? Theo Fleury Reinstated 394176

6Theo Fleury Reinstated Empty Re: Theo Fleury Reinstated Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:28 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

BigRig77 wrote:
hemlock wrote:One hurdle cleared. He's still got a long ways to go though. Good luck to him.

Let's get him!

we can put him next to Karlsson for all the promo pics so Erik can look huge!

Theo Fleury Reinstated 503175

Bravo! Nicely done. And maybe Theo can show Erik where he can hide a few extra pounds (my fingers almost typed "pints").

7Theo Fleury Reinstated Empty Re: Theo Fleury Reinstated Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:12 am

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Hey it worked for Claude Lemieux.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum