GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL 10 demo released

+5
smash88
M_Christopher
beedub
caissie_1
Riprock
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16NHL 10 demo released - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:16 pm

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

I just watched the intro clip at EA sports .com. Fantasy draft is back. I friggin love that on versions in the past

17NHL 10 demo released - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:50 pm

This is a must purchase...

18NHL 10 demo released - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:09 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:The game will be released for both 360 and PS3 on Sept. 15... the demo is also likely out for Sony now. Microsoft has an earlier (Tuesday) release for DLC (downloadable content) than Sony (Thursday's usually).

I realize your intentions of getting a PS3, and I also have one, but as far as game play goes, I give the edge to Xbox. I played both 09's for 360 and PS3 and PS3's wasn't as good visually.

Also, PS3 tends to skimp on features when they release other models, so make sure the slim has all the USB ports and all that.

My first question was "If the slim has a larger hard drive (120 GB vs. 80) then why does it cost the same?" There must be something different, and it's not just reduced component costs.

Of course they may be trying to sell off the remaining 80 GB models until the slims come out, and then the 80 GB will drop even further.

19NHL 10 demo released - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of the "slim" here are a couple of good PS3-Slim ads:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/08/27/it-only-does-everything/

20NHL 10 demo released - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Crying No PS2 for this one I hear. Diddle. I have a 360, but we keep it downstairs...and I want it in the bedroom so I can hunker down.

How long does it take to get used to using the right joystick? I'm SO used to just using the left joystick for NHL08 and 09 for the PS2.

21NHL 10 demo released - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Crying No PS2 for this one I hear. Diddle. I have a 360, but we keep it downstairs...and I want it in the bedroom so I can hunker down.

How long does it take to get used to using the right joystick? I'm SO used to just using the left joystick for NHL08 and 09 for the PS2.

I always reconfigure the controls on the new games to be like NHL06. I feel your pain.

My strategy is to buy the PS3 for the "family" before my son buys it for himself. Wink

22NHL 10 demo released - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:13 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Crying No PS2 for this one I hear. Diddle. I have a 360, but we keep it downstairs...and I want it in the bedroom so I can hunker down.

I always reconfigure the controls on the new games to be like NHL06. I feel your pain.

My strategy is to buy the PS3 for the "family" before my son buys it for himself. Wink

What? That takes away all the fun of the game. Mapping the controls of the NHL games to the two joysticks was the greatest invention in control schematics history. Almost every single game now utilizes the dual joystick controls...

23NHL 10 demo released - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I must have known that. I'll go back and look, maybe I did it wrong.

24NHL 10 demo released - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 10 demo released Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:What? That takes away all the fun of the game. Mapping the controls of the NHL games to the two joysticks was the greatest invention in control schematics history. Almost every single game now utilizes the dual joystick controls...

How long does it take to learn? I'm am so unbelievably used to PS2 controls it's unreal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum