GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie

+6
wprager
SensGirl11
beedub
caissie_1
SensFan71
shabbs
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Empty Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:12 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nice article in the Citizen about Karlsson taking up residence in Alfie's home... much like Mario did with Crosby...

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Karlsson+books+room+Chez+Alfie/2005582/story.html

Nice to see Alfie taking him under his wing.

2Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Empty Re: Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:21 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Nice article in the Citizen about Karlsson taking up residence in Alfie's home... much like Mario did with Crosby...

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Karlsson+books+room+Chez+Alfie/2005582/story.html

hey, maybe that means, just like Crosby, we shall be seeing Karlsson hoisting the cup within the next few years. Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie 851840

3Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Empty Re: Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:53 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Nice article in the Citizen about Karlsson taking up residence in Alfie's home... much like Mario did with Crosby...

hey, maybe that means, just like Crosby, we shall be seeing Karlsson hoisting the cup within the next few years. Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie 851840

But hopefully unlike Crosby his landlord will still be playing .

4Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Empty Re: Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:58 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

caissie_1 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

But hopefully unlike Crosby his landlord will still be playing .

we can only hope, Alfie deserves a cup ring more than most players around the league.

5Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Empty Re: Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:02 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

My angle on that is that it perhaps indicate that Karlsson has indeed booked himself a roster spot for this year. Otherwise, why not take a hotel room for a week and then prepare for Binghampton

6Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Empty Re: Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:28 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Not surprised in the least, this makes the most sense.

7Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Empty Re: Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:36 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

What great article! Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie 590293 Very exciting stuff. Great way to get accustomed to the city and team.

8Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Empty Re: Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

beedub wrote:My angle on that is that it perhaps indicate that Karlsson has indeed booked himself a roster spot for this year. Otherwise, why not take a hotel room for a week and then prepare for Binghampton

Great point. Although he's been in Ottawa training for a while, I thought. He was here for the DC and then the rookie tournament and now the main camp. So that's a lot of weeks. Still, everything indicates he will be in the opening night roster, the only thing not clear is if he will be top-four or 3rd pairing. I've been advocating putting him with Kuba, so that would mean top-4 right off the bat.

Oh, and as I was saying in another thread (where this article was first mentioned), wouldn't it be great if Karlsson won the Calder like Alfie did.

9Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Empty Re: Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:48 pm

Karlsson has been on the roster since he signed that contract. Despite what people might believe he was on the 09/10 Sens a loooong time ago.

10Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Empty Re: Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:40 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I liked the top (now) comment there that says

"Maybe Heatley should have stayed at Chez Alfie - gotten his act together and his head on straight....ah well."

11Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Empty Re: Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:43 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Karlsson has been on the roster since he signed that contract. Despite what people might believe he was on the 09/10 Sens a loooong time ago.

am excited that he is, bring on the era of EK65 on our back end.

12Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Empty Re: Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:45 pm

Ya, on that note, I hope he pics a different number, I hate 65.

13Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Empty Re: Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:My angle on that is that it perhaps indicate that Karlsson has indeed booked himself a roster spot for this year. Otherwise, why not take a hotel room for a week and then prepare for Binghampton

That was my first thought as well. Welcome to the Sens little man. You're the future (with Cowen, Wiercioch and Lehner), might as well get 'er going.

14Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Empty Re: Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Ya, on that note, I hope he pics a different number, I hate 65.

Why? Although he can take 5 I guess, Schubert can...move aside.

15Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Empty Re: Karlsson books a room at Chez Alfie Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:47 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Ya, on that note, I hope he pics a different number, I hate 65.

Why? Although he can take 5 I guess, Schubert can...move aside.

It's a tryout number. Cant stand it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum