GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

So, does Vancouver have room for Heatley?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Vancouver has somewhere near $5.5M in cap space left, which got me to thinking (always dangerous) and heading over to CapGeek.com (even more dangerous).

Pavol Demitra has 1 year at $4M left on his contract, and he's averaged 20 goals per season over the last three years, playing on defensive teams. His contract shouldn't be too difficult to move. Dealing Demitra and promoting Hogson leaves just enough cap room to sign Heatley, with about $800K left over (accounting for the bonus cushion which, admittedly, I do not understand).

Tell me that doesn't improve Vancouver's chances.

Last edited by wprager on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who is Demmitra? Sarcasm And are you sure about this Hogson kid? is it not Hodgson? Sarcasm

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Who is Demmitra? Sarcasm

I replaced the batteries in my wireless keyboard and now the darn things sometimes double fire.

Sarcasm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

I replaced the batteries in my wireless keyboard and now the darn things sometimes double fire.

Sarcasm

How about Hogson. Does your keyboard randomly remove the letter d? Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As far as Vancouver picking up Heatley I think they'd have to do more than you suggested to clear the room because, as rooney has said before, relying on the bonus cushion can be a dangerous proposition and only delays your cap troubles. I do think they could still figure out a way to do it and for sure it makes that team a real threat.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:

Sarcasm
Excuses... excuses...

So, they can make room for Heatley... what would be in the trade?

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:Vancouver has somewhere near $5.5M in cap space left, which got me to thinking (always dangerous) and heading over to CapGeek.com (even more dangerous).

Pavol Demitra has 1 year at $4M left on his contract, and he's averaged 20 goals per season over the last three years, playing on defensive teams. His contract shouldn't be too difficult to move. Dealing Demitra and promoting Hogson leaves just enough cap room to sign Heatley, with about $800K left over (accounting for the bonus cushion which, admittedly, I do not understand).

Tell me that doesn't improve Vancouver's chances.

Gillis brought Demitra to Vancouver when he became GM(as was formerly his agent). I doubt that he will deal Demitra unless Demitra wants to be dealt.

Who would Vancouver give up? They will not be offering their top D, nor Kesler, nor Lou nor Hodgson.

Frm a cap space point of view, Vancouver maybe a good fit but I do not expect a trade with Vancouver to happen.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Moving one of Salo or Mitchell could help clear up space. They'd have to give up picks. Lots of them.

P.S. Read my sig -- it *clearly* says I don't have all the answers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum