GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jonathan Cheechoo speaks; Sens fans debate the hot issues.

+31
Amnesia021
KidKarlsson
Tuk Tuk
davetherave
Sp00nz
TeamRenzo
mattshock
M_Christopher
strachattack
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
jamvan
ddt
PKC
Anshu
SensFan71
shabbs
Vandelay
beedub
spader
mickbud
sidstu
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
wprager
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
LeCaptain
BigRig
Hoags
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 28]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Will "Ashley" adjust to winters in Ottawa? Or is she going to stay back in San Jose? The Centrum was built to mimic some pedestrian malls in California, so she would be right at home. Except for the snow and cold and parkas.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Will "Ashley" adjust to winters in Ottawa? Or is she going to stay back in San Jose? The Centrum was built to mimic some pedestrian malls in California, so she would be right at home. Except for the snow and cold and parkas.

She should be thrileld just about the idea of meeting Carrie U. Jonathan Cheechoo speaks; Sens fans debate the hot issues. - Page 2 455378

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

making SJS his permanent home..? ouch, i thought cheechoo had a longer career in front of him... if his wife doesn't come up here it's gonna be a little hard for him here(no pun intended).
it's tuff i would think to make the move to the cold north, maybe not for him cuz he's from here but her.... ouch!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This season could go really well or suck big time. I don't think there's an inbetween.

Both Kovalev and Cheechoo could stink or light it up. Big question marks around those two.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch wrote:This season could go really well or suck big time. I don't think there's an inbetween.

Both Kovalev and Cheechoo could stink or light it up. Big question marks around those two.

what if one stinks and the other doesn't... that would be inbetween, no?

Cap, I dont think there is any way we miss out on the playoffs now. This season The Sens might not be on top of the conferance but they will most certainly be in 5-8 spot.

This as complete a team as The Sens have had in years, top to bottom. There is no glaring hole in that lineup. Look at the 12 forwards that will be on this team at this point and how mobile our D is. Mix in the best trandom we have had ever in between the pipes, it's about as good as it gets.

Now, you mix in two rookies in Karlsson and Smith who are going to get a real shot here with those vets... this team has everything. (I think Murray finds a way to put Smith on this team)

I can't Diddling wait.

Also, you know you will get a full effort every night with Clouston behind the bench and more character in that room then there ever as been.

Kovalev is a wild card in the sense he might not show up every night, oh well, lets just accept that now. That being said he will be the best player on the ice the same amount of times as he doesnt show up. No matter what, he will open things up for others on the ice.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DirtyDave wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:This season could go really well or suck big time. I don't think there's an inbetween.

haha. Good one. Seriously though there's question marks throughout the lineup.

Kovalev - Will he play like last season or will he play like he's capable of playing?

Cheechoo - Can he rebound or does he continue his slide?

Leclaire - Can he stay healthy? If so was his one good season just that? Was it more a result of the defensive style he played behind?

Elliott - Is he ready to be a fulltime back up in the NHL

Phillips - He's had a few bad seasons now. Does he have good seasons left in him.

Other than that the rest of the team all had bad seasons. Can we expect them to all rebound or do they continue to slide.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

haha. Good one. Seriously though there's question marks throughout the lineup.

Kovalev - Will he play like last season or will he play like he's capable of playing?

Cheechoo - Can he rebound or does he continue his slide?

Leclaire - Can he stay healthy? If so was his one good season just that? Was it more a result of the defensive style he played behind?

Elliott - Is he ready to be a fulltime back up in the NHL

Phillips - He's had a few bad seasons now. Does he have good seasons left in him.

Other than that the rest of the team all had bad seasons. Can we expect them to all rebound or do they continue to slide.

My real concern is Leclaire's play/health... all the rest I'm going to expect the worst and hope for the best.

Phillips was being asked to do way too much last year under Hartsberg, you saw the old Phillips at the end of the season. I dont think there are any questions marks there.

Same with Elliott, he's 100% ready to be an NHL backup. He might not have the consistancy of a starter but he is def an NHL goaltender.

You can scratch those 2 off that list. The others I agree... hopefully Lecliare's luck turns around here and we get a full effort from the team every night.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Anyone see Spezza's interview on Sportsnet? check out the very end of this, the last 10 secs or so lol...

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

I'm a habs fan and I've been Gainey's biggest critic but to trade heatley for this is not good---I always liked B. Murray but Heatley got the better of him on this one and he just gave San Jose a possible stanley cup---this trade is a joke to say the least

I'll take Michalek over ANYONE the Habs brought in this year, 100 times over.

I would also 100% take Cheechoo over Gionta.

Murray made the very best out of an impossible situation. Id say 99% of the people in Ottawa are extremely satisified with this trade and are just happy to see Heatley leave.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

i'm not sure if you read my email correctly--i've said that i'm the biggest critic of gainey's moves--why--b/c the habs are brutal tat roster but what does that have to do with this joke trade--you are basically saying that this trade is justified b/c the habs have a garbage team--get a better arguement than that

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

sidstu wrote:I'm a habs fan and I've been Gainey's biggest critic but to trade heatley for this is not good---I always liked B. Murray but Heatley got the better of him on this one and he just gave San Jose a possible stanley cup---this trade is a joke to say the least

hahah you're kidding right?

Michalek is the best player we could have got in any deal that has been discussed all offseason and he's only 24...you clearly just looked at stats and have no idea what either of these players brings to the team and thats not including the depth that it gives us

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I disagree. BM made the best of a bad situation. Michalek is a player on his way up and Cheechoo, if healthy, is a lock for 20-25 goals.

I gotta say sidstu, it's one thing to critisize the trade or the GM. One thing your criticism lacks completely though is any level of analysis.

There is no criteria for posters here, provided they stay within the rules. All I'm saying is that you haven't made an argument at all. I'm curious to know what your reasoning is behind your post.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

sidstu wrote:I'm a habs fan and I've been Gainey's biggest critic but to trade heatley for this is not good---I always liked B. Murray but Heatley got the better of him on this one and he just gave San Jose a possible stanley cup---this trade is a joke to say the least

Agree, player for player, Murray lost this tilt. But when you look a the whole picture, Heatley was NOT going to play to his potential with Ottawa this year and absolutely needed to go, other wise he was risking dragging the whole squad down with him.

Murray got the best deal he could, and received two very serviceable players in return, along with the 2nd.

He has my support for having the balls to do this trade

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum