GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Loaded Question for Sens fans....

+14
top shelf15
rooneypoo
wprager
beerandsens
PKC
asq2
TheAvatar
shabbs
SensFan71
caissie_1
TeamRenzo
Cronie
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

POLL: Would you want the Sens to claim Wade Redden on re-entry?

Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Vote_lcap221%Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Vote_rcap2 21% [ 5 ]
Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Vote_lcap271%Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Vote_rcap2 71% [ 17 ]
Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Vote_lcap28%Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Vote_rcap2 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Empty Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A buddy and I were laughing at the state of the Rangers and their unreal desire to pay Wade Redden 6.5 million dollars X 6 years. He figured for them to clear Redden from the books they would have to package him with someone worth a lot (think Staal, Lundqvist).

The other option is simple (but costly): waive Wade Redden.

When the 29 other teams run away from the contract on the way down, you might be able to entice a few teams on the way back up on re-entry.

So the question is:

If Wade Redden was put on re-entry waivers and the Sens could put a claim in, would you want them to?

The Sens would be on the hook for 3.25 million for the next 5 years after this - so until Redden's 36.

2Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Empty Re: Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:08 pm

No chance, everyone has moved on.

3Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Empty Re: Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think he's done as an effective offensive D-man. No.

4Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Empty Re: Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pierre McGuire said the next stop for Redden is the AHL. Besides, I thought there was a match made in heaven with the Rangers wanting Avery. They could have tried to force Redden on the Stars.

I guess he's just that bad. Mmmm that tastes good. :D

5Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Empty Re: Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:20 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm sure those who know me are aware of what option I chose.

Unfortunately, the sun, I believe, has set on Redden's sick playing days and what's left is merely a shell of what he once was.
Now, if Redden were waived, how Glen Sather would still have his nameplate on a door in the Rags org is BEYOND me...

Actually, nevermind that, how he still has one NOW is nuts...

6Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Empty Re: Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:20 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Could be one of the worst contracts in the NHL. Did Sather sign him? If so he should be fired.

7Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Empty Re: Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Pierre McGuire said the next stop for Redden is the AHL. Besides, I thought there was a match made in heaven with the Rangers wanting Avery. They could have tried to force Redden on the Stars.

McGuire actually came out and said that?

8Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Empty Re: Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:23 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yeah, Redden's payday rests on Sather's shoulders.

And to think, all that idiot (Redden) had to do was waive and we could have been rid of him with the posibility of a huge Top 6'er coming our way...

9Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Empty Re: Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:23 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I wouldnt. He's no longer effective.

10Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Empty Re: Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:24 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Pierre McGuire said the next stop for Redden is the AHL. Besides, I thought there was a match made in heaven with the Rangers wanting Avery. They could have tried to force Redden on the Stars.

He sure did.

11Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Empty Re: Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wow! That's TWICE now I've agreed with something MacGuire has said... Jesus, is the rapture upon us!?! REPENT!!! LOL

12Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Empty Re: Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:wow! That's TWICE now I've agreed with something MacGuire has said... Jesus, is the rapture upon us!?! REPENT!!! LOL

Hahahahaha. Rapture! Rapture!

13Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Empty Re: Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:29 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cronenbergfan wrote:wow! That's TWICE now I've agreed with something MacGuire has said... Jesus, is the rapture upon us!?! REPENT!!! LOL

He said that the Rangers would paying out that deal for him to play in the AHL. ie. No mention of ANY team EVER wanting that player, EVER!!!

Groovy.

14Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Empty Re: Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:29 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I guess the consensus is that Redden is washed up, I agree, why Sather couldn't see that before the deal, I have no idea, now they are trying to force any other team they can take this guy, no one would poison their D with him? Murray would tell Redden's agent to diddle off if he even bothered calling, the bridges have been burnt, we have pissed on the ashes, then immediately broke out the keg in celebration.

15Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Empty Re: Loaded Question for Sens fans.... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:

He sure did.

Holy Dung. He knows more than people give him credit for. Did he say he expected the Rangers to waive him, then put him through re-entry, or just send him down to Fartford?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum