GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Heatley a Shark?" plus other Sens and non-Sens chat

+15
Vandelay
jawal
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
PTFlea
Phoenix30
Cronie
caissie_1
shabbs
PKC
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
davetherave
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 16]

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Flo>what you say makes sense.

Just tossing some thoughts around...and what could work.

Maybe Cheechoo's not the piece SJ wants to move...maybe it's Marleau.

Heatley to SJ, Marleau to Montreal, Habs send Sergei K ($.6M) and Hamrlik ($5.5)to Ottawa?

Leaves BM a little cap space, he picks up a vet D-guy and a talented young forward...and maybe BM targets another value priced FA in the Prospal/Sykora range.

Gainey gets his francophone centerman; and plugs the hole left by Hamrlik with Schneider/Dandenault on a 1 yr deal for small change.

Sharks get Dany.

Maybe Rooney can tell us if the numbers add up...I did the quick math on it and it looks do-able.

SJ still has to move a player at some point...but Doug Wilson has time to do that. He has a few d-men priced around $2MM (Murray, Vlasic, Erhoff) he can shop in return for prospects/picks to clear space.

PS just a piece of history...SJ and Ottawa did a 3-way trade a few years back...Havlat>CHI, Bell>SJ, Pressing and Hennessy to the Senators.

Again, don't know if this works from a personnel point of view...

So over to you-all, Sens experts, on this one.

davetherave wrote:Flo>what you say makes sense.

Heatley to SJ, Marleau to Montreal, Habs send Sergei K ($.6M) and Hamrlik ($5.5)to Ottawa?

Leaves BM a little cap space, he picks up a vet D-guy and a talented young forward...and maybe BM targets another value priced FA in the Prospal/Sykora range.

Gainey gets his francophone centerman; and plugs the hole left by Hamrlik with Schneider/Dandenault on a 1 yr deal for small change.

Sharks get Dany.

Maybe Rooney can tell us if the numbers add up...I did the quick math on it and it looks do-able.

SJ still has to move a player at some point...but Doug Wilson has time to do that. He has a few d-men priced around $2MM (Murray, Vlasic, Erhoff) he can shop in return for prospects/picks to clear space.

PS just a piece of history...SJ and Ottawa did a 3-way trade a few years back...Havlat>CHI, Bell>SJ, Pressing and Hennessy to the Senators.

I don't think there is any chance Murray takes Hamrlik. Also, Marleau isn't French he is from Sask. I don't think he speaks french.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:
I don't think there is any chance Murray takes Hamrlik. Also, Marleau isn't French he is from Sask. I don't think he speaks french.

Agreed. Hamrlik + S. Kostitsyn for Heatley is a downright brutal deal for OTT, perhaps even more brutal than the reputed Zherdev + Rozsival offer. It makes Cheechoo + Ehrhoff + 1st pick look good.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i would have to say never in a million years. hamrlik is way overpaid. from what i heard thru various media sources marleau does not want to waive for family reasons but said he'd give up the "C" if it meant helping his team.

so the noise out there is cheechoo, Ehrhoff and a 1st. all of which i'm not too impressed with counting this is heatley we are talking about.

my view of how this could work out:

cheechoo + B Lee/picard +1st(SJS) to montreal

andrei kostistyn, ehroff and good foward(SJS)prospect to ottawa

heatley and halak to SJS

sure there's holes in the logic here but i think it fills quite a few holes for everyone

Sharks get Dany.

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

Sharks get Dany.

WRT history 3 way, Ottawa also got Chicago's 2nd round pick in 2008(Wiercoch). We are still hoping that this turns in out in our favour as Preissing and Hennessy have not turned out well.

Sharks get Dany.

S. Kostitsyn and an over the hill Hamrlik for Dany Heatley? Weren't both of these clowns alledgely tied to that mobster? That's not even talking about what they bring on the ice. Not even worth a fraction of Dany Heatley.

Under the influence of what chemical substance, on what planet, in what universe, is this even remotely close to a good deal for Ottawa? This is easily the most laughable trade proposal I've seen for Heatley anywhere to date. Seriously. This also means that Marleau is worth Heatley, straight up.

I nominate this post as the laugher of the month. I know it's only the 2nd of the , but this has legs. I doubt it's going to be beat.

Flo The Action wrote:i would have to say never in a million years. hamrlik is way overpaid. from what i heard thru various media sources marleau does not want to waive for family reasons but said he'd give up the "C" if it meant helping his team.

so the noise out there is cheechoo, Ehrhoff and a 1st. all of which i'm not too impressed with counting this is heatley we are talking about.

heatley and halak to SJS

sure there's holes in the logic here but i think it fills quite a few holes for everyone

Heatley AND a young PMD for A. Tits, Ehrhoff, and a prospect? I wouldn't even do that for Heatley straight up. Outright refusal instantly. Ehrhoff is a nice player and A. Tits isn't bad either, but they are both complimentary guys at best. Unless the prospect is somehow Victor Hedman(making this a 4 team deal lol), the answer is a dial tone.

Have we collectively lowered the bar for Heatley and I didn't get the memo?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i think andrei kost is capable of putting 30 in the net per year just he's been put in a bad situation in mtl. ehroff i know little about but for what i've read so far. i would of picked maybe couture as a prospect. Lee i'm not sold on. althoug i'd rather give up picard i'm not sure Lee will live up to his original talk.

i'd rather have Andei then cheechoo so to me this takes the SJS deal and takes it up a notch(especially if we could lose picard instead of Lee) i just see montreal getting robbed unless they got more then cheechoo. i know they want marleau but then SJS is giving up more then they want.... this way we all lose and win somewhere.

hemlock wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:i would have to say never in a million years. hamrlik is way overpaid. from what i heard thru various media sources marleau does not want to waive for family reasons but said he'd give up the "C" if it meant helping his team.

heatley and halak to SJS

Heatley AND a young PMD for A. Tits, Ehrhoff, and a prospect? I wouldn't even do that for Heatley straight up. Outright refusal instantly. Ehrhoff is a nice player and A. Tits isn't bad either, but they are both complimentary guys at best. Unless the prospect is somehow Victor Hedman(making this a 4 team deal lol), the answer is a dial tone.

Have we collectively lowered the bar for Heatley and I didn't get the memo?

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

A deal with SJ makes sense on every level...Heatley wants to go there, Sharks wanna make a move, they have the depth to move two solid roster players for one star...the only thing that doesn't work is the lack of cap space for both teams and I don't see how bringing montreal into this helps.  Aren't they pretty much up against the cap as well?  A 3 way deal, okay...with Montreal?  Not likely unless the sharks fist deal Chechoo somewhere.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Personally I think if a 3way deal is the route to go then SJS needs look somewhere else instead of montreal. Maybe ST. Louis????

A deal with San Jose I would def insist on Couture (NOT a top 6 forward like someone else said) but has the potential to be there and that would be a huge step in improving our forward depth in terms of prospects. Compition breeds success and right now there is more then enough up front. Some people say its crowded which is fine, I say its as competitive as its ever been for roster spots, it's a good thing. Having a set roster makes everyone sluggish.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

1) I don't think we're getting Cheechoo, Murray isn't interested in him and shouldn't be. It would be taking off SJ's dead weight in exchange for our 50-goal scorer

2) For some reason I'm not buying this whole thing. It started with EDM backing off and people speculating and everyone made a big deal out of it. But don't you think after the blunder with Edmonton Murray would be more careful about releasing trade info. And since when has Murray leaked his work to us fans.

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Well Wilson has made it no secret they want Heatley. I wouldnt be surprised if the 3 way deal went down with Edmonton and not anyone from The East. Edmonton would save face on every level at that point and Murray will get as good, if not a better deal then Original if San Jose were to send something else back.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:Well Wilson has made it no secret they want Heatley. I wouldnt be surprised if the 3 way deal went down with Edmonton and not anyone from The East. Edmonton would save face on every level at that point and Murray will get as good, if not a better deal then Original if San Jose were to send something else back.

It would be absolutely great if the third team involved is Edmonton, I'm still grieving over not getting Cogliano 🇬🇬 And that way maybe Edm will get something decent back as well, after they also got screwed by Heatley

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i think montreal makes sense especially if they are trying to shake/brake some bad influences. like i mentioned i can totally see one of the kostitsyn heading out somewhere. murray might not want cheechoo but MTL might. i think something might happen there. the once primary pieces of montreal(kovalev- Andre K) could soon become secondary in ottawa... could make a formidable team.

Would you do this if you were a GM involved:

TO San Jose
Heatley

TO EDM
Marleau
Cheechoo or Erhoff

TO OTT
Penner
Cogliano
Smid

I think having payed the 4 mil there might be a prospect from SJ coming back or a 1st rounder.

RobbyJ wrote:Would you do this if you were a GM involved:

TO San Jose
Heatley

TO EDM
Marleau
Cheechoo or Erhoff

TO OTT
Penner
Cogliano
Smid

That's a little more along the lines of what I place Heatley's value at. Certainly way better than Hamrlik and S. Kostitsyn. Laughing3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum