GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brophy: Sens losing their "cute" looks

+5
Riprock
PTFlea
jamvan
Cronie
shabbs
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Brophy: Sens losing their "cute" looks Empty Brophy: Sens losing their "cute" looks Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:44 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nice article on Sportsnet by Brophy today about the Sens going from "cute" to "gritty and nasty" for this season and he likes what he sees as far as what Murray has done to bring this team together after last season's disapointment.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/10/06/brophy_sens_new_start/

I really do like the make-up of our forwards and defense right now. Sure, a puck moving d-man to run the PP and another top-6 forward would complete the picture, but you can't have it all in this cap-era and I love the grit and toughness we've seen so far in the first two games.

Character, grit, leadership and some nastiness... it's all good and I'm looking forward to a very exciting season watching the Sens play some tough and gritty hockey.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Right on Shabbs!

I am loving what I've seen thus far! Heater blocking a shot AND coming to Alfie's aid. Philips sticking up for his captain... Jason SMith doing what Jason does... And Ruutu! My god, I LOVE HIM!!!
I swear, last night, if you looked real close, you could tell Cindy was about to cry! LOL

Our team last year would NEVER have gotten to the Pens as quickly and annoyingly as the boys did over the weekend... Keep it up boys!!
Time to hit the ground running!

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Nice article on Sportsnet by Brophy today about the Sens going from "cute" to "gritty and nasty" for this season and he likes what he sees as far as what Murray has done to bring this team together after last season's disapointment.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/10/06/brophy_sens_new_start/

I really do like the make-up of our forwards and defense right now. Sure, a puck moving d-man to run the PP and another top-6 forward would complete the picture, but you can't have it all in this cap-era and I love the grit and toughness we've seen so far in the first two games.

Character, grit, leadership and some nastiness... it's all good and I'm looking forward to a very exciting season watching the Sens play some tough and gritty hockey.
You do realize our top scorer is a defenceman right? I think this puck moving d and goalie situation is getting way to blown out of proportion.

On anothe rnote, I really liked the game played y Picard yesterday. Brian Lee however, might benefit from another year in Bingo.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

yeah. Lee has looked a little sluggish or even LOST out there...
I hope it's just nerves or kinks... Sad

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

jamvan wrote:You do realize our top scorer is a defenceman right? I think this puck moving d and goalie situation is getting way to blown out of proportion.
You do realize we've only played two games right?

Wink

I agree, blown way out of proportion at this point in time. Let's wait to see how we're looking after 20 games.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
jamvan wrote:You do realize our top scorer is a defenceman right? I think this puck moving d and goalie situation is getting way to blown out of proportion.
You do realize we've only played two games right?

Wink

I agree, blown way out of proportion at this point in time. Let's wait to see how we're looking after 20 games.
LOL! YEs I realize that, but it still doesn't change teh fact.

Kuba is on pace for 168 points. LMFAO!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

jamvan wrote:LOL! YEs I realize that, but it still doesn't change teh fact.

Kuba is on pace for 168 points. LMFAO!
Isn't it 123? Heater's on pace for 123 goals. MADNESS!!!

123 goals for Heater, 123 assists for Kuba. Make it so.

Wink

HA HA!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Brophy is bang on. What the hell is the world coming to!!? :D Gone are the days of the Sens being really, really skilled, but soft as silk, here are the days of the Sens having 3 or 4 very skilled guys and the rest demons who will check you into next week and 'accidentally' fall over you, making you fold in half (hey Crosby, you like the new look Sens? No? Didn't think so.)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought Kuba was tied with Heater and Spezza for the 'league lead Smile ' with 3 points?

10Brophy: Sens losing their "cute" looks Empty Re: Brophy: Sens losing their "cute" looks Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:51 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:Brophy is bang on. What the hell is the world coming to!!? :D Gone are the days of the Sens being really, really skilled, but soft as silk, here are the days of the Sens having 3 or 4 very skilled guys and the rest demons who will check you into next week and 'accidentally' fall over you, making you fold in half (hey Crosby, you like the new look Sens? No? Didn't think so.)

LOL!!! Sweet!!!
Seriously, I was stoked when I first read and heard Murray signed Ruutu...and now, I'm just giddy!! And Smith too! He's going to be a LOT of fun to watch.

11Brophy: Sens losing their "cute" looks Empty Re: Brophy: Sens losing their "cute" looks Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:Brophy is bang on. What the hell is the world coming to!!? :D Gone are the days of the Sens being really, really skilled, but soft as silk, here are the days of the Sens having 3 or 4 very skilled guys and the rest demons who will check you into next week and 'accidentally' fall over you, making you fold in half (hey Crosby, you like the new look Sens? No? Didn't think so.)
How funny was it when Ruutu was tussling with Crosby on the ice and he kept "falling" on him when he was "trying" to get up. Holy crap that was funny. Yeah, he took a 2-min penalty for it but the look of frustration on Crosby's face was worth it. Love it, love it, love it!!!

12Brophy: Sens losing their "cute" looks Empty Re: Brophy: Sens losing their "cute" looks Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:

LOL!!! Sweet!!!
Seriously, I was stoked when I first read and heard Murray signed Ruutu...and now, I'm just giddy!! And Smith too! He's going to be a LOT of fun to watch.

Both are instant favourites for me too. Loving Ruutu. I think I might think Smith is the coolest player on D we've ever had. Or at least tied with Volchenkov. This guy is sickness.

13Brophy: Sens losing their "cute" looks Empty Re: Brophy: Sens losing their "cute" looks Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
How funny was it when Ruutu was tussling with Crosby on the ice and he kept "falling" on him when he was "trying" to get up. Holy crap that was funny. Yeah, he took a 2-min penalty for it but the look of frustration on Crosby's face was worth it. Love it, love it, love it!!!

He took a 2 minute penalty for the BS call for hitting the guy, then Crosby fell and Ruutu made him smell jock for like a minute - without even getting another call. LOL. The look on Crosby's face was priceless.

14Brophy: Sens losing their "cute" looks Empty Re: Brophy: Sens losing their "cute" looks Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:54 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I still think if we could land Bouwmeester that'd be awesome. Obviously I do not want to give up too much for him, which I realize would be required in order to land such a stud player...

15Brophy: Sens losing their "cute" looks Empty Re: Brophy: Sens losing their "cute" looks Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:I still think if we could land Bouwmeester that'd be awesome. Obviously I do not want to give up too much for him, which I realize would be required in order to land such a stud player...

Pick up someone at the deadline who's skilled at PP QBing to work with Lee and to man to the point with Kuba (VERY happy with Kuba BTW!), then in the summer make a full tilt push to sign Bouwmeester if he's still available.

We need to assess IMO the D that we have now. Jam's right, Picard is showing that he can play.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum