GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

RUMOUR MILL: Bertuzzi to sign with Leafs? Bert says 'No'

+5
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
wprager
PTFlea
jamvan
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:Big Bert fits into Burke's mode of knocking teeth out, if Bert can do that anymore, if Murray had the money, I would get him to sign Big Bert just so Toronto didn't have him.

Very true, but is that all Burke wants to do this upcoming season, knock everyone's teeth out? It seems to be the case for sure. Because his team really blows donkey at this point.

I think Bertuzzi still has some gas in the tank, I just don't see how he's really going to help Toronto's situation.

well a lot of people figure he is building the rough and tough Anaheim team that won the cup in 2007, however, people seem to forget or at least the toronto people do that the Ducks had Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne, and Niedermayer, some talent to go with the grit, Toronto has like zero talent in terms of scoring goals.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:Big Bert fits into Burke's mode of knocking teeth out, if Bert can do that anymore, if Murray had the money, I would get him to sign Big Bert just so Toronto didn't have him.

Very true, but is that all Burke wants to do this upcoming season, knock everyone's teeth out? It seems to be the case for sure. Because his team really blows donkey at this point.

I think Bertuzzi still has some gas in the tank, I just don't see how he's really going to help Toronto's situation.
Burke realizes his team is going to be hanging with the bottom feeders for the next couple of season's so he's brought in some muscle and "truculence" so they don't get pushed around and to provide some sort of entertainment for the fans. As they do this, they'll be getting some good draft picks and the rebuild will continue...

I believe the saying is "yeah, we're gonna suck, but we're gonna be hella fun to watch".

We shall see...

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SensFan71 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

well a lot of people figure he is building the rough and tough Anaheim team that won the cup in 2007, however, people seem to forget or at least the toronto people do that the Ducks had Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne, and Niedermayer, some talent to go with the grit, Toronto has like zero talent in terms of scoring goals.

Yeah, that's just sad if that's what he's thinking. I can't even think of one good player they have that can score....and...I'm not kidding...I really can't...I think I forgot everyone they have on their team. That's sad.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Yeah, that's just sad if that's what he's thinking. I can't even think of one good player they have that can score....and...I'm not kidding...I really can't...I think I forgot everyone they have on their team. That's sad.

well they have Blake and Grabovski, not really two guys that I always will be afraid of when they get on the ice, Blake is small and easy to rough up, Grabovski, well, not sure if he is like some Euro's, you play him hard and he gives up, don't know enough about him to make a commentary.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Burke realizes his team is going to be hanging with the bottom feeders for the next couple of season's so he's brought in some muscle and "truculence" so they don't get pushed around and to provide some sort of entertainment for the fans. As they do this, they'll be getting some good draft picks and the rebuild will continue...

I believe the saying is "yeah, we're gonna suck, but we're gonna be hella fun to watch".

We shall see...

That's a fair assessment. They are definitely going to be hard to play, in a physical sense. I'm not looking forward to playing them in 10 years from now. Hopefully we'll still be better.

Do you think they will be close to making the playoffs next year? They always seem to find a way to get close, but not make it, then their pick isn't as good as it should be.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If they try to rough it up too much, they'll be carrying Schenn and Kadri out in a body bag.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm more inclined to believing that Burke thinks he's building another team like the Ducks team that won the Cup since he thinks he built that one too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm more inclined to believing that Burke thinks he's building another team like the Ducks team that won the Cup since he thinks he built that one too.

He's wrong then. Schenn does not equal Pronger. Komisarek does not equal Neidermayer. Beachemin does indeed equal Beachemin, but he's getting older.

Kadri Laughing3 does not equal Getzlaf.

Continue this exercise.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm more inclined to believing that Burke thinks he's building another team like the Ducks team that won the Cup since he thinks he built that one too.

He's wrong then. Schenn does not equal Pronger. Komisarek does not equal Neidermayer. Beachemin does indeed equal Beachemin, but he's getting older.

Kadri Laughing3 does not equal Getzlaf.

Continue this exercise.

Seems like he's trying to sell exactly that. He called Kadri a mean little bastard or something like that. What a fool.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Goodness gracious!

I don't know how up to date this is but...

Blake
Hagman
Grabovski
Stempniak
Ponikarovsky
Stajan
Kulemin
Mayers
Orr
Tlusty
Wallin
Mitchell
Hollweg

I know that 3 of those are gone for Primeau. I can't remember wich...either way...not very good.

Their D looks much better than their forwards for sure.

Komisarek
Kaberle
Beauchemin

What the hell?! Half of the D disappeared for some reason...

Finger
Schenn
Van Ryn
Frogren
White

Last edited by SensGirl11 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pfft. Mean like my black kitty King?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

:^^^^: Laughing3 Classic!

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Maybe he's gunning for Hall ... he seems to be putting together a team built for last, anyhow...

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

apparently bertuzzi has no intent of playing again in canda next year

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Bertuzzi+gets+Flames+message/1846681/story.html
Todd Bertuzzi didn’t need to read He’s Just Not That Into You to get the hint from the Calgary Flames. No reason to watch the movie of the same name, either.Over
the last three months, his phone didn’t ring with the expected call
from the 403 area code. The computer didn’t chime to announce a new
e-mail from one Sutter, Darryl.
Message received in the Bertuzzi household.“They
never called me,” Bertuzzi said Thursday night from his home near
Kitchener, Ont. “No calls from them whatsoever. So obviously, I’m out
of their picture.”
The picture became clear in recent weeks as
Sutter stocked his cupboard with a new group of younger, cheaper
forwards such as Brandon Prust, Nigel Dawes and Frederik Sjostrom.
At
the end of the season, Bertuzzi, 34, repeatedly told reporters how
badly he wanted to return to Calgary. His daughter Jaden, 10, and son
Tag, 8, loved their school and extracurricular activities. His wife
Julie also felt at home.
But, in the end, those loving feelings turned out to be one-sided.And one-way relationships never work.“You know what, I’m too old to freaking throw stones anymore,” Bertuzzi said about the silence from the Flames. “You
know what? I had a great time there. You know what? The fans were
awesome there. Everything about playing there was awesome.
“I would have loved to come back, but obviously I don’t fit into their plans anymore.”Bertuzzi expects to land with an Eastern Conference team south of the border.“I’m speaking to about three teams right now,” he said. “We’re just trying to figure things out.“If
the stars align here, I could end up somewhere where the travel is a
lot easier. Hopefully we’ll get something done here in the next 48
hours.”
Could that be a reunion with Brian Burke and the Toronto Maple Leafs?“I’ve
heard the same thing,” he said of the rumour that just won’t go away.
“I’ve got a lot of friends out here who are Leaf fans. They seem to
have heard it too, but no.
“Not going to happen.”Will he end up in Canada?“No,” he said. “I think I’ve been in Canada enough now.”Through
66 games, Bertuzzi potted 15 goals and 44 points, along with 74 penalty
minutes. In six playoff appearances, he notched one goal and two points
on a wonky knee.
The major knock came in his own end.Through the regular season, Bertuzzi posted a minus-13. In the playoffs, that number jumped to plus-4.“I
feel really good now,” he said. “Obviously, I needed time off with my
knee. My knee wasn’t very good in the end, unfortunately.
“But time has healed it. I’m training really hard and looking forward to getting back somewhere.”Just not Calgary.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum