GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumour Mill: Blackhawks shopping players

+7
shabbs
SensGirl11
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
PKC
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Rumour Mill: Blackhawks shopping players Empty Rumour Mill: Blackhawks shopping players Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:34 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=307060

Barry Rozner writes that the Hawks are currently shopping one of four players to move before the season begins:

Patrick Sharp, Dustin Byfuglien, Cam Barker and Kris Versteeg

Personally, what would it take for the Sens to snatch any of these guys right now? Especially a guy like Sharp or Versteeg.

I'll take any of those guys. Byfuglien would look really good with Foligno and Fisher.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nothing that would really benefit us. They are dumping salary, yet we would have to give up a couple of big prospects starting with Karlsson.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think the price would be too high but as far as who I'd want I gotta say I like the whole list. I've listed them in order of who I want the most.

Sharp
Versteeg
Byfuglien
Barker

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I want Sharp soooooo bad. I don't know what to say...

We don't have anything we can give up when we're in semi-rebuild, but this is one guy I would strongly consider giving up Volchenkov for.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Versteeg would be nice, Byfuglien is overpaid - and no matter if you like someone or not in a cap age, overpaying is death (Fisher, Kelly, Neil).

Barker I've never been that intrigued with. I'll admit that he's starting to put it all together, but for 3 bills, I'd rather wait on Karlsson, Wiercioch and Cowen personally.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I agree in that no one is getting these players for free, but I doubt the price is going to be exorbitant.

I think a prospect and a pick could work. Potentially Zubov and a 2nd for Byfuglien or Barker. A slight bit more for Versteeg and then a decent amount for Sharp.

I wish the Hawks were interested in Heatley.

Sharp, Vertseeg and Barker for Heatley and our first next year. They save salary and get a superstar winger to add to the already ridiculously dangerous core of forwards.

Could you imagine a top six of Kane, Toews, Heatley, Hossa, Bolland and Ladd/Byfuglien.

But it's all a pipe dream anyways.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I agree in that no one is getting these players for free, but I doubt the price is going to be exorbitant.

I think a prospect and a pick could work. Potentially Zubov and a 2nd for Byfuglien or Barker. A slight bit more for Versteeg and then a decent amount for Sharp.

I wish the Hawks were interested in Heatley.

Sharp, Vertseeg and Barker for Heatley and our first next year. They save salary and get a superstar winger to add to the already ridiculously dangerous core of forwards.

Could you imagine a top six of Kane, Toews, Heatley, Hossa, Bolland and Ladd/Byfuglien.

But it's all a pipe dream anyways.

Crying Yes please.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

good article and brings up a good point if bowman cannot move any of those contracts if two teams offered a different player offer sheets the hawks could lose one which would be a huge blow from the hawks standpoint imagine if you were bowman and you have to pick Kane or Toews because of the contracts that are stuck there now...do not envy bowman the decisions he has to make

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's too bad that Ottawa can't really afford to give up what it would take to land one of those guys.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:good article and brings up a good point if bowman cannot move any of those contracts if two teams offered a different player offer sheets the hawks could lose one which would be a huge blow from the hawks standpoint imagine if you were bowman and you have to pick Kane or Toews because of the contracts that are stuck there now...do not envy bowman the decisions he has to make

Meh...he can go over the cap by 10% (hypothetically as much as 5.5 million) in the summer. I will say this right now: the Hawks will never, ever let Kane, Toews or Keith go. That's a core right there combined with Seabrook.

Everything else is mix and match (Chicago just has an awesome team :^^^^: )

They'd waive Campbell/Huet/Byfuglien before they let the big core guys go.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I also heard reports, come to think of it, that Soupy was McDonough's guy. His absence on this list makes you wonder...

I suppose Campoli might be an attractive starting point for Barker?

"Buff" Byfuglien is hard to measure. Is he a high-end role player essentially?

Sharp and Versteeg are Karlsson-plus material.

Tough deals.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I also heard reports, come to think of it, that Soupy was McDonough's guy. His absence on this list makes you wonder...

I suppose Campoli might be an attractive starting point for Barker?

"Buff" Byfuglien is hard to measure. Is he a high-end role player essentially?

Sharp and Versteeg are Karlsson-plus material.

Tough deals.

There is no chance in the world I would give up Karlsson, so let's put that to sleep. I guess we're out of the running.

In fact. Unless the deal was through the roof incredible, I would give up:

Karlsson
Wiercioch
Cowen
Lehner

I'd be hardpressed to give up Regin, Caps, Silfverberg, Petersson, Z.Smith etc. either, but I'd at least wouldn't hang up immediately if their names were brought up.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like Byfuglien and he strikes me as a Schubert when he was at his peak of playing the dual roll in 2007. I think he'd probably be the cheapest to pick up and would easily replace Schuberts old swing man roll.

Am I wrong? Shrug

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I like Byfuglien and he strikes me as a Schubert when he was at his peak of playing the dual roll in 2007. I think he'd probably be the cheapest to pick up and would easily replace Schuberts old swing man roll.

Am I wrong? Shrug

I don't think you're wrong, I've thought that for a while.

But instead of Schubert, it's like Schubert V.5.0. He's a lot better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum