GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sergei Zubov still on the market?

+7
PTFlea
TheAvatar
sidstu
rooneypoo
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:55 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Pens just won it all. Puck movement from the back-end was not an issue. True, you can always get better, but this is the cap world and, nuh-huh, you can't.

32Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:00 pm

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

if you make correct decisions you can be consistently competitive in a league with a salary cap

33Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:11 pm

Anshu

Prospect
Prospect

shabbs wrote:
111519 wrote:Alfie Spezza Heatley
Kovalev Comrie Shannon
Foligno Fisher Bertuzzi
Rutuu Kelly Neil

Would be my dream line up for 09/10, and possibly doable if we can somehow depart with Smith, Schubert, Picard, and Donovan. (total 4.9 million) Comrie 2 million, Bertuzzi 1 million.
Me likey.

I think Bertuzzi is washed up and less than a shadow of his former self. Basically a power forward with no power and who isn't even defensively responsible. He might get a few points, but not enough to make it worth the risk, not to mention the fact he comes with baggage. I think its interesting (and quite telling) that Calgary didn't even talk to him before he became a free agent.

34Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anshu wrote:
I think Bertuzzi is washed up and less than a shadow of his former self. Basically a power forward with no power and who isn't even defensively responsible. He might get a few points, but not enough to make it worth the risk, not to mention the fact he comes with baggage. I think its interesting (and quite telling) that Calgary didn't even talk to him before he became a free agent.

Yeah, I like the thought of him, but he was annoying to watch last year at times. Just floating around, waiting for a pass.

35Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:56 am

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

i think bertuzzi would not hurt your team, if you can get him for a cheap price, why not--you telling me he is not good enough for a 3rd or 4th line--how many stiffs play on the 3rd and 4th line in the NHL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum