GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sergei Zubov still on the market?

+7
PTFlea
TheAvatar
sidstu
rooneypoo
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:39 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sidstu wrote:i agree --some players deserve the NTCs but i just think you give someone way to much power and every type of relationship has a chance of going bad and if it does on this type what can you do as a GM/owner--it would be frustrating if it was my money invested in the bussiness but i can't make decisions that i want--it becomes like a waitor or waitress telling a restaurant owner how to run their their bussiness

I have to agree at this point. Enough is enough with these players with NTC and NMC controlling the hands of GMs. I like what Ferguson did in Toronto with Kaberle and Kubina. He gave then NTC, but if they missed the playoffs, there was a 2 month window where they could be moved - anywhere.

Burke took advantage with Kubina (dumb trade), but more to the point, it levels the playing field a little. No player should keep their NTC if they or the team fails.

I would push for these kinds of clauses if players insisted on having NTCs.

17Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:41 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:You're probably right but I'm just thinking of going all out this season and see what happens.

It would take a healthy Sergei Zubov at a bargain and a determined Dany Heatley ready to show potential suitors that he's a legitimate superstar winger. The experiment would either end at the Trade deadline or it works out and we go for it in the playoffs. We wouldn't be able to sustain it past this season.

I won't lie, I would have offered Zubov this money as soon as I could possibly make arrangements. He'd be super cool to have on the blue line - even for 2 years so he can mentor Karlsson a little.

Imagine if he was healthy for us this year....now we're talking about a diddling solid team. What to do with Smith though? Lee can start the year in Bingo for a 1.3 saving, but it's Smith that could make or break this.

Neat idea. Hadn't given it much chance because I thought he'd be signed by Columbus by now to be honest.

18Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:14 am

Sophomore
Sophomore

Alfie Spezza Heatley
Kovalev Comrie Shannon
Foligno Fisher Bertuzzi
Rutuu Kelly Neil

Would be my dream line up for 09/10, and possibly doable if we can somehow depart with Smith, Schubert, Picard, and Donovan. (total 4.9 million) Comrie 2 million, Bertuzzi 1 million.

19Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

111519 wrote:Alfie Spezza Heatley
Kovalev Comrie Shannon
Foligno Fisher Bertuzzi
Rutuu Kelly Neil

Would be my dream line up for 09/10, and possibly doable if we can somehow depart with Smith, Schubert, Picard, and Donovan. (total 4.9 million) Comrie 2 million, Bertuzzi 1 million.

Neat. Think outside the box there - that 3rd line is absolute destruction.

The obvious issues are Bertuzzi for 1 million? Comrie for 2 million (maybe actually). Who are you gonna pawn off Donovan to? Maybe SJ for a 7th rounder actually, they need bodies over there. Smith?

20Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:29 am

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
Kovalev Comrie Shannon
Foligno Fisher Bertuzzi
Rutuu Kelly Neil

The obvious issues are Bertuzzi for 1 million? Comrie for 2 million (maybe actually). Who are you gonna pawn off Donovan to? Maybe SJ for a 7th rounder actually, they need bodies over there. Smith?

I know it's just a dream...plus I dont feel Kovalev would get the support with just Comrie and Shannon to rack up points (although the PP would be one of the best the NHL has seen in twenty years Alfie, Spezza, Heatley, Kovalev, Kuba) And yes that third line would scare the crap out of most of the NHL.

21Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:34 am

Sophomore
Sophomore

111519 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Kovalev Comrie Shannon
Foligno Fisher Bertuzzi
Rutuu Kelly Neil

I know it's just a dream...plus I dont feel Kovalev would get the support with just Comrie and Shannon to rack up points (although the PP would be one of the best the NHL has seen in twenty years Alfie, Spezza, Heatley, Kovalev, Kuba) And yes that third line would scare the crap out of most of the NHL.

Also as a side note, do you think this team would fear the suppossed tough Maple Leafs? Alfie, Kovalev, Fisher, Bertuzzi, Rutuu, Neil,-I think it would be the other way around.

22Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:35 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kovalev Comrie Shannon
Foligno Fisher Bertuzzi
Rutuu Kelly Neil

Me likey.

23Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:39 am

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

lets put it this way, it be fun to watch that match up--let the soldiers lose--also the flyers are stacking up again--they just got fedoruk again--

this why my favorite GMs are Burke and B Murray--i just like their philisophy--I'm absolutley going nuts with Gainey as GM--I can't stand that lineup

24Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sidstu wrote:lets put it this way, it be fun to watch that match up--let the soldiers lose--also the flyers are stacking up again--they just got fedoruk again--

this why my favorite GMs are Burke and B Murray--i just like their philisophy--I'm absolutley going nuts with Gainey as GM--I can't stand that lineup

It was the Lightning that got Fedoruk for Vrbata last night, but I know what you mean.

25Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:07 pm

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

sorry, my mistake, my oversight

26Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:12 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Wild guess, he goes to Pittsburgh, who I don't even now if they can afford or need. Zubov and Gonchar....

27Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:30 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Wild guess, he goes to Pittsburgh, who I don't even now if they can afford or need. Zubov and Gonchar....

If Zubov stays healthy for a couple seasons can we say Dynasty in Pittsburgh if that happens? Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

28Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:39 pm

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

i was thinking the samething

a few months ago, i posted in a habs blog that i thought shero, b. murray, and burke were good GMs and hoped that Gainey would learn off their strategies and they basically laughed at me and told me to be a pens or sens fan and enjoy losing--i don't know what that meant b/c i'm a die hard habs fan and i have not to many7 victories lately so i don't what they were talking about--it made no sense to me

29Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:10 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Wild guess, he goes to Pittsburgh, who I don't even now if they can afford or need. Zubov and Gonchar....

PIT is pressed right up against the cap right now, something like $55+ mil already committed. They might actually be looking at ways to shed a few dollars, actually.

30Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:17 pm

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

i think you maybe right--they may to fine tune their expenditures(salary), and i'm sure shero and lemieux will make the correct decisions

31Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pens just won it all. Puck movement from the back-end was not an issue. True, you can always get better, but this is the cap world and, nuh-huh, you can't.

32Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:00 pm

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

if you make correct decisions you can be consistently competitive in a league with a salary cap

33Sergei Zubov still on the market? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergei Zubov still on the market? Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:11 pm

Anshu

Anshu
Prospect
Prospect

shabbs wrote:
Kovalev Comrie Shannon
Foligno Fisher Bertuzzi
Rutuu Kelly Neil

Me likey.

I think Bertuzzi is washed up and less than a shadow of his former self. Basically a power forward with no power and who isn't even defensively responsible. He might get a few points, but not enough to make it worth the risk, not to mention the fact he comes with baggage. I think its interesting (and quite telling) that Calgary didn't even talk to him before he became a free agent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum