GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights

+6
asq2
LeCaptain
davetherave
shabbs
SensFan71
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Empty Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/2009/06/bill-torrey-speaks-say-goodbye-to-jay-bouwmeester.html

Speculation abound, now it's official.

Let the games begin... Ahhhhh!

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/2009/06/bill-torrey-speaks-say-goodbye-to-jay-bouwmeester.html

Speculation abound, not it's official.

well heatley for J-Bo's rights is out of the question, unless booth and horton were included, but what could Ottawa pony up for J-Bo's rights if this did go into fruition? Schubert won't cut it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heatley for JBo's rights? Who the hell suggested that? Madness.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
well heatley for J-Bo's rights is out of the question, unless booth and horton were included, but what could Ottawa pony up for J-Bo's rights if this did go into fruition? Schubert won't cut it.

A 4th round pick and a prospect that'll never pan out. Final offer.

Or Schubert.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Heatley for JBo's rights? Who the hell suggested that? Madness.

oh no one, just making sure no one does, bell and the 4th, zubov? hennessy?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Heatley for JBo's rights? Who the hell suggested that? Madness.

It would be conditional on signing him of course, but I think we can better our team with a different trade partner...

SpezDispenser wrote:http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/2009/06/bill-torrey-speaks-say-goodbye-to-jay-bouwmeester.html
Shocked!
Sarcasm

8Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Empty Re: Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:01 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Speculation abound, now it's official.

Thanks for posting this.

It appears increasingly likely that besides being sold, the Panthers also may be in line to be relocated.

The fact that Randy Sexton has been moved into the GM position; that Bill Torrey is taking a visible role; and that Jacques Martin was allowed to terminate his contract so easily, all point to an exit strategy for the Panthers.

Perhaps the Hamilton 'Tigers' are not so far off?

9Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Empty Re: Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:

Definitely not Zubov, unless I was sure he was gonna sign.

10Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Empty Re: Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:25 pm

Nothing. I think J-Bo hits UFA status no matter where he is dealt. Why would anyone want to pass up on the bonanza known as July 1? Think of the money Campbell got last year. Hell Jeff Finger got $4 million.

If I am J-Bo, I won't make it public, but I have every intention of waiting it out and letting the phone ring off the hook on the morning of Canada Day. Then taking my pick of where I'd like to play and for how much.

11Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Empty Re: Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Unless Edmonton or Calgary tampered and weren't caught, there's no point.

12Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Empty Re: Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:39 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Jbo's rights for HEatley? Suuuuuuuure :n:

I let them decide which 2 of Booth/Frolik/Horton/1st are coming back too :^^^^:

13Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Empty Re: Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:41 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Jbo's rights for HEatley? Suuuuuuuure :n:

They'd choose Frolik and the first.

14Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Empty Re: Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:45 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:

with a conditional Horton if jbo doesn't sign? :^^^^:

IN all seriousness, I'd take that offer, package the 2 firsts for the 5th overall, sign Jbo and in the end get Frolik and Braydenn Schenn. It's as realistic as it can be.

15Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Empty Re: Florida shopping Bouwmeester's rights Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:50 pm

marakh wrote:
asq2 wrote:

with a conditional Horton if jbo doesn't sign? :^^^^:

Man I'd love Horton. He needs to find a way to be a little more consistent, but he's such a mean SOB on the ice. Loads of skill too. He's got the potential to be a Lucic-style bruiser with better scoring upside imo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum