GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predators shopping Hamhuis for a Top 6 F?

+4
LeCaptain
PKC
Snuh
Cronie
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Considering the source (TFP.com), I found it interesting to see that a few of us (Hemlock, Jordo and others) were discussing how cool it would be to snag a fella like Hamhuis and bring him into the Sens fold, and lo and behold, I see this gem...

If Nashville is craving scoring help, hypothetically, an offer of Vermette, a 2nd and maybe Lee might get this done... Perhaps it's a little steep of an offer, but I'm sure there will be lots of competition to snag a strong and capable D-man (-12 rating notwithstanding) making a sweet $2M now and set for FA status by the end of 2009-2010 season.

I'm not sure what to think. Is this a legit possibility? Are the Preds looking to make a push for the post-season and if so, should Murray set his sights on Hamhuis?

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:Considering the source (TFP.com), I found it interesting to see that a few of us (Hemlock, Jordo and others) were discussing how cool it would be to snag a fella like Hamhuis and bring him into the Sens fold, and lo and behold, I see this gem...

If Nashville is craving scoring help, hypothetically, an offer of Vermette, a 2nd and maybe Lee might get this done... Perhaps it's a little steep of an offer, but I'm sure there will be lots of competition to snag a strong and capable D-man (-12 rating notwithstanding) making a sweet $2M now and set for FA status by the end of 2009-2010 season.

I'm not sure what to think. Is this a legit possibility? Are the Preds looking to make a push for the post-season and if so, should Murray set his sights on Hamhuis?

I'd do that deal if Lee isn't part of it. I think Vermette and a 2nd is more than enough to snag Hamhuis. Make that deal and Regin slides right into Vermette's vacant position.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Do we really need another defensive defenseman in the fold? Does that really improve our team?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

good point PK.
We ALL know what the Sens need is at least ONE true bonafide PMD, and mabe two!
Having too many shut-down D men is never a good thing if it's not counter-balanced with good puck movers, but depending on who remains after this July, adding Hamhuis to the fold may not be such a bad thing...

Oh and Snuh, I LOVE that avatar dude... Just seeing it is bringing back a wave of nostalgic memories! LOL I still laugh when I think of that waste-of-space Alanis Morrisette getting slimed! LOL

PKC wrote:Do we really need another defensive defenseman in the fold? Does that really improve our team?

He moves the puck well and can put up some offensive numbers. He's stuck behind Suter, Weber, Koistinen, and Klein in Nashville so he doesn't get the opportunity like he would here. He underrated in that department.

Snuh wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:Considering the source (TFP.com), I found it interesting to see that a few of us (Hemlock, Jordo and others) were discussing how cool it would be to snag a fella like Hamhuis and bring him into the Sens fold, and lo and behold, I see this gem...

I'd do that deal if Lee isn't part of it. I think Vermette and a 2nd is more than enough to snag Hamhuis. Make that deal and Regin slides right into Vermette's vacant position.

I dunno why we'd have to throw in Lee. First Nashville is deep defensively at all levels. Secondly, that's too much imo. Vermette and a 2nd should do the trick.

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:Do we really need another defensive defenseman in the fold? Does that really improve our team?

I look at him as more of a hybrid defenseman. He's defensively responsible, yet has the ability to score. He looked damn good at the World Championship last summer.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just threw Lee in as an over-the-top price, because I feel it's almost a certainty other teams would get in on the Hamhuis sweepstakes, so if Vermettte and a 2nd wouldn't do it, what other crucial piece could Murray logically (and without SEVERELY overpaying) could he throw in that would essentially nullify any other teams offer?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Vermette and a 2nd should do it. If not, jsut forget the trade IMO.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I've been talking about getting Hamhuis all the way back to the site where I was recruited.

You may recall that Hamhuis was the darling of the World Championships before the Bouwmeester lovefest began. I still see Hamhuis as a consolation prize to Bouw, but that's just a matter of cachet really.

Vermette, Kuba and a 2nd for Hamhuis and Mark Dekanich.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

My preference would be to get Suter if possible but if Hamius is the one Nashville was willing to move I would like to see what it would take to get Hamhuis and the rights to Radulov. Radulov is a gamble but if he decided to come back any team that makes a deal that included his rights would be the instant winner I think.

SeawaySensFan wrote:I've been talking about getting Hamhuis all the way back to the site where I was recruited.

You may recall that Hamhuis was the darling of the World Championships before the Bouwmeester lovefest began. I still see Hamhuis as a consolation prize to Bouw, but that's just a matter of cachet really.

Vermette, Kuba and a 2nd for Hamhuis and Mark Dekanich.

Too much imo. If that's the package, the goaltender better be Pickard. Kuba alone will be a hot commodity at the deadline. I'd rather just stick with Vermette and a 2nd for Hamhuis.

Cronenbergfan wrote:I just threw Lee in as an over-the-top price, because I feel it's almost a certainty other teams would get in on the Hamhuis sweepstakes, so if Vermettte and a 2nd wouldn't do it, what other crucial piece could Murray logically (and without SEVERELY overpaying) could he throw in that would essentially nullify any other teams offer?

If we are adding another piece, I'd say it would an offensive piece. Nashville has more d-men and solid D prospects than they know what to do with. With guys like Sulzer pushing hard to crack the NHL lineup and kids like Blum, Franson, and Josi on the horizon, the last thing they need is Brian Lee. We need Lee muc, much more than Nashville. If the sweepstakes for Hamhuis go that high, someone else can have him. I don't think I'd want to pay more than Vermette and a pick. Vermette, despite the lack of scoring numbers, has played well, doing other things like faceoffs and PKing. He should have some nice value at the deadline.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Vermette has a total of three more points than Hamhuis.

Nashville needs a good player in return, not a pick.

Most teams, I'm guessing, recognize that we only have three top-6 forwards on the roster.

asq2 wrote:Vermette has a total of three more points than Hamhuis.

Nashville needs a good player in return, not a pick.

Most teams, I'm guessing, recognize that we only have three top-6 forwards on the roster.

I think most people, despite their awful seasons, would say Fisher and Vermette are T6F's

Nashville may need a player yes, but it also has be within their budget. They could take Heatley if they wanted, and we'll take Suter, Wilson, Pickard and Blum. But that will never happen since they operate under a budget, which is not at the cap ceiling.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum