GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predators shopping Hamhuis for a Top 6 F?

+4
LeCaptain
PKC
Snuh
Cronie
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Cronenbergfan wrote:I just threw Lee in as an over-the-top price, because I feel it's almost a certainty other teams would get in on the Hamhuis sweepstakes, so if Vermettte and a 2nd wouldn't do it, what other crucial piece could Murray logically (and without SEVERELY overpaying) could he throw in that would essentially nullify any other teams offer?

If we are adding another piece, I'd say it would an offensive piece. Nashville has more d-men and solid D prospects than they know what to do with. With guys like Sulzer pushing hard to crack the NHL lineup and kids like Blum, Franson, and Josi on the horizon, the last thing they need is Brian Lee. We need Lee muc, much more than Nashville. If the sweepstakes for Hamhuis go that high, someone else can have him. I don't think I'd want to pay more than Vermette and a pick. Vermette, despite the lack of scoring numbers, has played well, doing other things like faceoffs and PKing. He should have some nice value at the deadline.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Vermette has a total of three more points than Hamhuis.

Nashville needs a good player in return, not a pick.

Most teams, I'm guessing, recognize that we only have three top-6 forwards on the roster.

asq2 wrote:Vermette has a total of three more points than Hamhuis.

Nashville needs a good player in return, not a pick.

Most teams, I'm guessing, recognize that we only have three top-6 forwards on the roster.

I think most people, despite their awful seasons, would say Fisher and Vermette are T6F's

Nashville may need a player yes, but it also has be within their budget. They could take Heatley if they wanted, and we'll take Suter, Wilson, Pickard and Blum. But that will never happen since they operate under a budget, which is not at the cap ceiling.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Hamhuis is not a defensive defensemen, he's an offensive defensemen who doesn't make mistakes in his own end. A rare breed- especially at 2mil per. He deserves a top 4 role and he's not getting it in Nashville
We HAVE to jump all over this one and snag this guy. If we could extend him at a cap hit of around 3 long term, this guy will add alot of depth and bring alot of offense to our D squad. As I've said earlier, if we can snag Hamhuis and add a stud, high profile PMD. This team is turning around- I promise you all.

I'll give anything for Hamhuis at this point- Fisher, Vermette, picks, prospects. Put a package together and get this guy on our side.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jordo wrote:Hamhuis is not a defensive defensemen, he's an offensive defensemen who doesn't make mistakes in his own end. A rare breed- especially at 2mil per. He deserves a top 4 role and he's not getting it in Nashville
We HAVE to jump all over this one and snag this guy. If we could extend him at a cap hit of around 3 long term, this guy will add alot of depth and bring alot of offense to our D squad. As I've said earlier, if we can snag Hamhuis and add a stud, high profile PMD. This team is turning around- I promise you all.

I'll give anything for Hamhuis at this point- Fisher, Vermette, picks, prospects. Put a package together and get this guy on our side.

Done, done and done!!!! Hamhuis for PM (D).

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

I just read the article on TFP and it indicates that Nashville may only be able to take a young offensive prospect. So would you be willing to part with Zubov for Hamhius.

TFP also reports that Phillie is looking for a crease clearing D-man. Would you be willing to move Smith for Upshaw.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:Hamhuis is not a defensive defensemen, he's an offensive defensemen who doesn't make mistakes in his own end. A rare breed- especially at 2mil per. He deserves a top 4 role and he's not getting it in Nashville

My only hope is that if we Sens fans can see what his hidden and blatant value to this team would be, surely Murray knows this and may be willing to pull something off?!

You let Boyle slip through your fingers Murray and now apparently, Hamhuis may be legitimately available... What the F**k are you waiting for?!

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Yes and yes. In my opinion, Zubov is a good prospect, but has been in the system for a while and has never materialized. He seems to going the way of a Josh Hennessy or Danny Bois.
Besides if we can trade Zubov (who I still don't think will get a spot on this team next year) for a piece that we actually require, and at the same time keep other bargaining chips (Vermette, Fisher, etc). Why wouldn't we do it? I'm under the impression that Nashville wants someone who can step in and play now. If they're looking for someone to replace Radulov's game- I'd be looking at Vermette. Cap hit is about the same, term is the same..(as Hamhuis) A pure swap would be very interesting..

As for Smith for Upshall. Maybe a little more than that. Don't forget he's RFA after this season, while Smith is signed for another one. If we're trading a deadline deal- there's no point trading for Upshall other than wanting to secure him for next year. He's streaky too, and tends to struggle with injuries. I do like his style when he's on though, and would be awesome playing with Foligno.

They'd have to throw in a pick or prospect IMO to make it worth considering, simply because of the contract considerations.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Phoenix30 wrote:I just read the article on TFP and it indicates that Nashville may only be able to take a young offensive prospect. So would you be willing to part with Zubov for Hamhius.

TFP also reports that Phillie is looking for a crease clearing D-man. Would you be willing to move Smith for Upshaw.

Zubov for Hamhuis? Easily. They can have more than that too, if they want.

I would like to see a guy like Hamhuis here, but Murray may very well have other iron's in the fire and he is waiting for the right deal.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:I would like to see a guy like Hamhuis here, but Murray may very well have other iron's in the fire and he is waiting for the right deal.

The only other worthwhile irons to me are Bouwmeester (though expensive) and Streit. Any other names I should consider?

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Neely4Life wrote:I would like to see a guy like Hamhuis here, but Murray may very well have other iron's in the fire and he is waiting for the right deal.

Sure, but this is an inexpensive piece at what could be a very good rate. It's a no-brainer in my opinion. A good blindside pick while everyone else is clawing over Jbo and Kaberle. Both of whom we can still get in the race for.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:

Sure, but this is an inexpensive piece at what could be a very good rate. It's a no-brainer in my opinion. A good blindside pick while everyone else is clawing over Jbo and Kaberle. Both of whom we can still get in the race for.

WHOA!! Bang on Jordo... And come to think of it, seeing how Murray operates (and has in the past) this is EXACTLY the kind of move he would make, i.e. below radar and right out of left field... Everyone will be all over J-Bow, Kaberle, Antropov, etc... now is, the proverbial BEST time to strike for 2 reasons: 1) we are NOT going to make the post-season dance; and 2) Murray wanted to add a blueliner or two anyway, so why wait?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum