GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First?

+46
ddt
jawal
spader
notch_4077
4077notch
Hoags
Tuk Tuk
Number Twenty Nine
LethalLehner
Vandelay
COLLAR UP
pgood
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Havlat9
Sp00nz
Urkie
Sens4thecup
Snuh
beerandsens
SDH89
Cronie
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
TeamRenzo
The Silfer Server
shabbs
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
strachattack
beedub
asq2
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
Phoenix30
PKC
rooneypoo
jamvan
Mojo
PTFlea
Acrobat
LeCaptain
dennycrane
wprager
davetherave
50 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 68  Next

What Should Bryan Murray Do About Dany Heatley?

Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_lcap211%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 7 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_lcap28%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 5 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_lcap253%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 53% [ 33 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_lcap28%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 5 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_lcap22%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_lcap23%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 2 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_lcap23%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 2 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_lcap210%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 6 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_lcap22%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 62

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 68]

LethalLehner

Sophomore
Sophomore

Tambellini was interviewed today re: trade with Heatley. Audio can be found on the Edmonton Oilers web site.

http://oilers.nhl.com/

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Ball's in Heatley's court, says Oilers GM
Joanne Ireland, edmontonjournal.com, July 3 2009

EDMONTON - Edmonton Oilers general manager Steve Tambellini has talked to his counterpart in Ottawa, but says that, for the time being, Dany Heatley is a Senator.

The sniper and the Sens have to make the next move.

"There's not a lot to say at the point," said Tambellini during his first public statement in the wake of the scuttled trade.

"It will be up to Bryan and Dany as to what steps they want to take."

The Oilers and Sens had hammered out a trade that would have seen Edmonton reportedly ship Dustin Penner, Ladislav Smid and Andrew Cogliano for the scorer.

Tambellini would not confirm the three players in light of the fact that Heatley had nixed the deal when he refused to waive his no-trade clause. After the Senators paid out a $4-milllion contractual obligation on Wednesday, Murray said the deal was off the table.

"Any type of player movement takes time. It's expected," said Tambellini.

"We're trying to better our hockey club .... Where this goes is up to Bryan and Dany Heatley."

Heatley had recently requested a trade.

jireland@thejournal.canwest.com

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:Eugene Melnyk speaks...

Aargh! I realize it's his money and his right, but I just wish he wouldn't. I can't see anything good come out of it, no matter how well-intentioned or well-said.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/07/02/dany-heatley-like-stalin-but-with-a-slightly-better-one-timer/

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Big T wrote:http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/07/02/dany-heatley-like-stalin-but-with-a-slightly-better-one-timer/

Great stuff, thanks.

The comparison to Betty White was priceless.

Didn't she have a pretty good one-timer BTW? Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Betty White? I missed that. (off to re-read it)

Aw, geez, it was right in the first paragraph. I must have ADD, probably got it from my kids.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Betty White? I missed that. (off to re-read it)

Aw, geez, it was right in the first paragraph. I must have ADD, probably got it from my kids.

To mention Betty White and Stalin in the same article...say no more.

This may already have been mentioned so if it is then excuse this post. Dawg and I talked tonight and it seems there may be a good ole fashion fight brewing.

It will be positioned as Ottawa vs. Heatley, but it's really the NHL vs the NHLPA. You see there is now pressure for Ottawa to take legal action against Heatley and it doesn't sound like it's about the 4 million paid to him.

It seems that the NHL wants Ottawa to contest the wording of the contract where Heatley has the NMC. In Ottawa's (really the leagues) eyes, by asking for a trade he has made that clause null and void.

Murray asked Heatley to put the trade request in writing, and Heatley did just that, with an inserted statement that said he would provide a list of teams he wished to be traded to. He signed it and sent it over.

The problem is that according to Dawg that doesn't make it a binding contract. The only piece of paper with both sets of signatures on it is the original contract which has the NMC, but by asking to be moved the league contends that it's no longer valid. They believe that he doesn't have a right to state teams as it was him requesting the trade, and unlike some players who have a limited NTC where they can provide a list of teams, Heatley can't just say trade me but here's where.

The story gets legs when you consider his agents are now telling Danny to take the deal as the NHLPA isn't sure they will win a legal battle and a precedent will be set where any player with a NTC/NMC that asks for a trade will have it voided and the team then controlls the players location.

The NHLPA doesn't want this to go to court and as a result they want him to take the deal to Edmonton, where the NHL believes they can win and are trying to get Ottawa to push the matter.

It seems that Heatley may now accept the request to go to Edmonton, however Ottawa may be the one to say no. Further, Edmonton was told that the deal must be reworked and a better return is expected.

This is all conjecture right now as Dawg can't find anyone on either side who will confirm this. He's meeting with the upper management in the WC tomorrow and will try to get more info.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dawg's Wife wrote:This may already have been mentioned so if it is then excuse this post. Dawg and I talked tonight and it seems there may be a good ole fashion fight brewing.

It will be positioned as Ottawa vs. Heatley, but it's really the NHL vs the NHLPA. You see there is now pressure for Ottawa to take legal action against Heatley and it doesn't sound like it's about the 4 million paid to him.

It seems that the NHL wants Ottawa to contest the wording of the contract where Heatley has the NMC. In Ottawa's (really the leagues) eyes, by asking for a trade he has made that clause null and void.

Murray asked Heatley to put the trade request in writing, and Heatley did just that, with an inserted statement that said he would provide a list of teams he wished to be traded to. He signed it and sent it over.

The problem is that according to Dawg that doesn't make it a binding contract. The only piece of paper with both sets of signatures on it is the original contract which has the NMC, but by asking to be moved the league contends that it's no longer valid. They believe that he doesn't have a right to state teams as it was him requesting the trade, and unlike some players who have a limited NTC where they can provide a list of teams, Heatley can't just say trade me but here's where.

The story gets legs when you consider his agents are now telling Danny to take the deal as the NHLPA isn't sure they will win a legal battle and a precedent will be set where any player with a NTC/NMC that asks for a trade will have it voided and the team then controlls the players location.

The NHLPA doesn't want this to go to court and as a result they want him to take the deal to Edmonton, where the NHL believes they can win and are trying to get Ottawa to push the matter.

It seems that Heatley may now accept the request to go to Edmonton, however Ottawa may be the one to say no. Further, Edmonton was told that the deal must be reworked and a better return is expected.

This is all conjecture right now as Dawg can't find anyone on either side who will confirm this. He's meeting with the upper management in the WC tomorrow and will try to get more info.

DancingBanana

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

This is real News. Kudos to Dawg and The Wife!

I hope Edmonton has to through thier 1st rounder in 2010 at us now, seriously, what were Heatley's agents thinking here??? They screwed up royally in the way they handled this. Heatley is just a Diddle idiot.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I love 1st rounders - especially from potentially a lottery team in Edmonton.

If DW is right, Barry and McAlpine are probably in hot water with the PA.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Dawg's Wife wrote:This may already have been mentioned so if it is then excuse this post. Dawg and I talked tonight and it seems there may be a good ole fashion fight brewing.

This is going to set precedents of biblical proportions. Wasn't I the first one to say that by demanding a trade he violated the terms of his contract?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

:^^^^:

Barry and McAlpine and Heatley: Take the deal! Take the deal!

Murray (with a grin): What deal?

Again, the agents, royally screwed up this time. They screwed with the wrong GM.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

MurderOnIce wrote:If DW is right, Barry and McAlpine are probably in hot water with the PA.

Very much so. :^^^^:

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Again, the agents, royally screwed up this time. They screwed with the wrong GM.

It certainly appears so. They should have asked us. We knew Murray was a hard-arse.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum