GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First?

+46
ddt
jawal
spader
notch_4077
4077notch
Hoags
Tuk Tuk
Number Twenty Nine
LethalLehner
Vandelay
COLLAR UP
pgood
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Havlat9
Sp00nz
Urkie
Sens4thecup
Snuh
beerandsens
SDH89
Cronie
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
TeamRenzo
The Silfer Server
shabbs
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
strachattack
beedub
asq2
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
Phoenix30
PKC
rooneypoo
jamvan
Mojo
PTFlea
Acrobat
LeCaptain
dennycrane
wprager
davetherave
50 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 68  Next

What Should Bryan Murray Do About Dany Heatley?

Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_lcap211%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 7 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_lcap28%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 5 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_lcap253%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_rcap2 53% [ 33 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_lcap28%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 5 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_lcap22%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_lcap23%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 2 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_lcap23%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 2 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_lcap210%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 6 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_lcap22%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 51 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 62

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 68]

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

cas> all the speculation about who leaked the trade request aside, you have to wonder why The Media, basking in their self-importance, haven't either looked into this; or, if they have, prefer to suppress that information.

BM probably did/does not want Heatley going to an Eastern team, which makes total sense.

A couple of scenarios come to mind...

The Rangers...if they were serious, would be a club with whom he would drive a very hard bargain. Which could be why that transaction didn't get done.

We've seen the supposed back and forth with San Jose. Doug Wilson's not really under pressure, even if the media says he is. With the personnel they have now, they can continue to be one of the top regular season clubs in the West. Heatley is a 'nice to have' for him.

The Minnesota Wild have a new GM, a new coach, and supposedly a new attitude which will put an emphasis on offense. Though Mike Russo of the Minny Star Tribune says there have been no talks for 6 weeks, one imagines The Wild might still have interest. However, if they were to make a trade with Chicago for say, Patrick Sharp, that's a reasonable solution--though not as dynamic as Heatley, Sharp is more versatile and much less expensive.

I have long wondered why the Canucks have not made a pitch for Dany (or maybe they have and we don't know about it). Heatley is exactly the kind of player Mike Gillis can use in Vancouver. If he spent that insane money on Sundin, certainly, he has to see DH as well worth the investment.

Ah, the fun of the off season...can't wait for it to be over.
Ahhhhh!

Two more weeks...just two more weeks cool)

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

On March 14th, 1996 Ray Ferraro became a member of the Los Angeles
Kings family. Like any family member, you were loved and respected, but
in the end you had to move out of the house.

In 1999 he signed a free agent contract with the expansion Atlanta Thrashers, who won a whopping 14 games that season.

Two seasons later, he would meet a rookie phenom who became the Thrashers best player potting 26 goals and 41 assists. Dany Heatley would become Ferraro's roommate.

Following his question and answer session with Jim Fox and Kelly Hrudey
Saturday at the Kings Hockey Fest, “the little ball of hate” stopped by
and chatted with reporters.

More here:
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matthew-Barry/Hockey-Fest-Interview-Ray-Ferraro-on-Dany-Heatley/125/22723

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
On March 14th, 1996 Ray Ferraro became a member of the Los Angeles
Kings family. Like any family member, you were loved and respected, but
in the end you had to move out of the house.

In 1999 he signed a free agent contract with the expansion Atlanta Thrashers, who won a whopping 14 games that season.

Two seasons later, he would meet a rookie phenom who became the Thrashers best player potting 26 goals and 41 assists. Dany Heatley would become Ferraro's roommate.

Following his question and answer session with Jim Fox and Kelly Hrudey
Saturday at the Kings Hockey Fest, “the little ball of hate” stopped by
and chatted with reporters.

More here:
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matthew-Barry/Hockey-Fest-Interview-Ray-Ferraro-on-Dany-Heatley/125/22723

Marakh, interesting stuff. Thanks.

I also picked up an item from the LA Times on the Kings' Fan Fest this weekend, where GM Dean Lombardi says there is zero chance of Heatley going to the Kings. I have posted it in the "Marleau-Frolov" thread.

Last edited by davetherave on Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:cas> all the speculation about who leaked the trade request aside, you have to wonder why The Media, basking in their self-importance, haven't either looked into this; or, if they have, prefer to suppress that information.

BM probably did/does not want Heatley going to an Eastern team, which makes total sense.

A couple of scenarios come to mind...

The Rangers...if they were serious, would be a club with whom he would drive a very hard bargain. Which could be why that transaction didn't get done.

We've seen the supposed back and forth with San Jose. Doug Wilson's not really under pressure, even if the media says he is. With the personnel they have now, they can continue to be one of the top regular season clubs in the West. Heatley is a 'nice to have' for him.

The Minnesota Wild have a new GM, a new coach, and supposedly a new attitude which will put an emphasis on offense. Though Mike Russo of the Minny Star Tribune says there have been no talks for 6 weeks, one imagines The Wild might still have interest. However, if they were to make a trade with Chicago for say, Patrick Sharp, that's a reasonable solution--though not as dynamic as Heatley, Sharp is more versatile and much less expensive.

I have long wondered why the Canucks have not made a pitch for Dany (or maybe they have and we don't know about it). Heatley is exactly the kind of player Mike Gillis can use in Vancouver. If he spent that insane money on Sundin, certainly, he has to see DH as well worth the investment.

Ah, the fun of the off season...can't wait for it to be over.
Ahhhhh!

I've been wondering that about the Canucks for a few weeks now. Yes, they'll lose one of Edler or Bieksa, and yes, they will lose one of Kesler or Hodgson, but what an addition to an already powerhouse lineup.

I would take Sharp...don't tease me. Sharp and Bouchard. :drooling: Happy, hard working top 6.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Spez>so, if you're BM, who do you take from the 'Nucks for DH?

So... sick... of this douche bag.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:So... sick... of this douche bag.

So N4L, who takes him off BM's hands? And what's the return? Realistically?

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

AS the standard appears to be what was included in the proposed EDM deal, one must assume the return will be a quality prospect, a serviceable player and a salary dump.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Since the Canucks got Ehrhoff for nothing, they might be inclined to give more for Heatley.

ie. Even if they "overpay" for Heatley, they still sort of break even.

davetherave wrote:

All I know is Murray will get what he wants, when and where he goes is anyones guess.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

So as it stands La has no interest, The Wild have no interest and have made no connect with BM, The Sharks don't have what BM wants in return or won't give it up; The Rangers won't give up Dubinsky and Staal...concluding Heatley is not going anywhere.

Vancouver doesn't want him either.

Also on another note, any Kessel rumours are 150% false. Chiarelli will match any offer; meaning none will be made. The Bruins don't have to sign him until he's ready to go...thus saving a roster spot and can work the cap in their favor.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lombardi's comments are pretty direct...

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/08/31/10682071.html

"baggage" "grows up" "risk" "it scares me"

Wow.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
davetherave wrote:

All I know is Murray will get what he wants, when and where he goes is anyones guess.

Get ready for Cheechoo an Ottawa Senator, or else Dany Heatley will be back. Eventually the Heatley baggage will force Bryan Murray's hand, and he'll have to settle.

I dont mind Cheechoo as a salary dump, he is still a guy who can put up 30 goals. Michalek, Couture, and a 1st should be coming back as well though... maybe throw Picard to San Jose as well, they need a cheap contract on the point.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:I dont mind Cheechoo as a salary dump, he is still a guy who can put up 30 goals. Michalek, Couture, and a 1st should be coming back as well though... maybe throw Picard to San Jose as well, they need a cheap contract on the point.

I disagreed with the notion of Cheechoo coming back a few weeks ago, but now I'd have to say I would be fine with him taking the salary dump position in the deal structure that was worked out with Edmonton. Adding Michalek (or please, please, please let Wilson get drunk and agree to Setoguchi) and Couture OR a first is more likely, but welcome.

25-30 from Cheechoo, 25-30 from Kovalev and continued improved play from Foligno and Shannon and we're no longer struggling to score. All of a sudden the Sens are much deeper offensively.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

beedub wrote:
N4L wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Get ready for Cheechoo an Ottawa Senator, or else Dany Heatley will be back. Eventually the Heatley baggage will force Bryan Murray's hand, and he'll have to settle.

Heately's baggage will not force BM's hand. If he does not have a better option Heatley will be a Sen on opening night. BM will not be pushed into a Dung deal, Melnyk will not let it happen.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

don't think either of them are going to blink, they will be working together through this season as the training camp is creeping ever closer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum