GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long?

+5
SensGirl11
Hayden
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long?

POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Vote_lcap229%POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Vote_rcap2 29% [ 4 ]
POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Vote_lcap243%POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Vote_rcap2 43% [ 6 ]
POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Vote_lcap221%POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Vote_rcap2 21% [ 3 ]
POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Vote_lcap27%POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Empty POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Wed May 27, 2009 2:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Talking to people these days, it appears that most people are getting a little tired of the playoffs.

Do the playoffs go too long? And if so, how do you fix that?

2POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Empty Re: POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Wed May 27, 2009 2:29 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I voted no, the only reason I am tired of the playoffs this year is because no Ottawa, rather get on with the off season already lol.

3POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Empty Re: POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Wed May 27, 2009 2:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:I voted no, the only reason I am tired of the playoffs this year is because no Ottawa, rather get on with the off season already lol.

I'm conflicted. When the playoffs first started, I couldn't get enough. Now...I'm starting to not care too much. It's not for lack of talented teams, it's that we're getting on June 1st and no Finals game has been played.

I'll watch the Finals, but I'll admit to not watching some of the ECF and WCF.

4POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Empty Re: POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Wed May 27, 2009 2:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No. They only seem too long when your team isn't in it. Or even worse, when Big Nose Chelios IS in it.

5POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Empty Re: POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Wed May 27, 2009 2:42 pm

If the playoffs were shorter, we'd all be Wing Dang Doodle in September that the off-season is too long (not that we don't anyways Ahhhhh! )

6POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Empty Re: POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Wed May 27, 2009 2:49 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:If the playoffs were shorter, we'd all be Wing Dang Doodle in September that the off-season is too long (not that we don't anyways Ahhhhh! )

truer words could not have been spoken, here here to you for being the voice of reason Smile

7POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Empty Re: POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Wed May 27, 2009 3:05 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

i voted yes - after 5-6 months of terrible weather - it's hard to stay inaide until mid June watching the playoffs. 1-2 Exhibition games and playoff games every other day.

8POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Empty Re: POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Wed May 27, 2009 3:33 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

They certainly do and get reaaaaalllly boring when your team isn't in it.

I'm bored!

When your team is in it though, it's fun times and I always wish that it would last until September.

9POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Empty Re: POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Wed May 27, 2009 5:08 pm

I'm so surprised by that sentiment ^

I understand loving the playoffs more when your team is actually in them, but what could be better for none participating teams' fans than watching a potential dynasty follow the same path as one of the greatest of all time (Edm) right back into the clutches of the existing empire?

I mean, how often do we get to see a repeat SCF? And how often do you get to watch history repeat itself?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm loving watching these Pens. I love the fact that Crosby picked up the trophy and I love the fact that they celebrated the win with it. I love watching Malkin and Crosby rack up points and embarass the competition and I love watching Guerin show them how to be professionals.

The one thing I don't like is that I don't like seeing one team grind it all the way to two straight SCF defeats. Likewise, I wouldn't like to see Hossa lose twice straight on two seperate teams...

Other than that, these playoffs have been some of the best in recent memory. Round 2 was the best semi-finals I think I've ever seen.

10POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Empty Re: POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Thu May 28, 2009 6:50 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I may be bored as well, but I don't think the playoffs are too long. The regular season could be a little shorter though. We don't need more teams in the playoffs, no.

11POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Empty Re: POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Thu May 28, 2009 8:29 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It always seems longer when your team is not in it or has been eliminated. I'd like to see them do a better scheduling job to ensure hockey every single night up until the Finals, and have the Finals start a day or two after the Conference Finals start.

12POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Empty Re: POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Thu May 28, 2009 9:20 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm really excited about the Finals, I was just extremely bored with this last series. It seemed to be over before it even began. Felt like a waste of time for me to be watching those games.

I'm right back in it now though for sure. The last round is the only one I got bored with, get on with it already, you know?

13POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Empty Re: POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Thu May 28, 2009 9:32 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I think I'm the same... for some reason the 3rd round didn't interest me too much... strange.

14POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Empty Re: POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Thu May 28, 2009 10:31 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Yeah, I think I'm the same... for some reason the 3rd round didn't interest me too much... strange.

Me too. Very odd.

15POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Empty Re: POLL: Do the Playoffs last too long? Thu May 28, 2009 12:04 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I agree on that one, the finals aren't going to interest me much either though, just want this all to be over with and get rolling on the next season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum